PDA

View Full Version : Converting moon pedal to pull instead of push throttle

06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to modify the moon pedal to pull instead of pushing the throttle cable? Ive got 2 carbs turned sideways and it would make life much easier if it could pull instead of push.

FASTRAT
06-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to modify the moon pedal to pull instead of pushing the throttle cable? Ive got 2 carbs turned sideways and it would make life much easier if it could pull instead of push.
i personally dont know why any1 would want to do that!!...they make linkage for side mounted carbs on a TR or Blower...just get the linkage & solve all ur probs...u will be "much" happier!...u can find it on EBay or a bunch of other web sites...just my .02 cents
fastrat

06-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Ok, I didint know a kit existed. I went to summit and they said they may have what I needed for $100. But why is it push instead of pull anyway? On smaller engines and cars, its pull.
Edit:
Actually, here it is:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WND-4022&N=400053+302023+115&autoview=sku
$169.

flat broke
06-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Push and Pull can be changed at the linkage by having the cable approach the bellcrank from the opposite direction. If you are connecting directly to a carb, you can mount above or below the throttle shafts. Depending on which way you cable is approaching, one will work with a push, the other with a pull. You shouldn't need to mess with the pedal if you have some flexibility in how you connect to your carbs. Whatever you do, make sure you have a return spring setup installed as well. Don't rely on the spring in the pedal at the far end of a cable to shut your carbs in an emergency.
Chris

06-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Yea, after countless drawings, i just figured that solution out a few minutes ago. Ill simply need an additional cable to connect the two carbs and some return springs.

FASTRAT
06-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Ok, I didint know a kit existed
go to EBay motors and ck these 2 # out:
7994693337 & 8062589586 they are "exactly" what u need for a really clean set-up!
the 1st 1 shows a really good pic of what u get & the 2nd 1 is the cheapest!...i have bought from both co. & they are excellent to deal with...this is the only way to plumb 2x4 sideways carbs!...u get rid of all those springs n things & the pedal works the way it should!!!...GO CK IT OUT!...u won't be disappointed
fastrat

06-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the links, im definately going to keep an eye on those kits. But ive got to build somthing up soon, My planned launch date is this Saturday. All I have to do other than the throttle is put the seats in and glue the carpet back down.