PDA

View Full Version : Need expert advise on this one....

Cruzzze
06-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Ok, so I unload the boat Saturday, hang out idling in hte wakeless, and go to the dock to pick up mama, and the power quit in the boat, all power. The hatch is electric, so I can't get tot he motor area, turn the battery on/off switches and nothing, then about 2 minutes late the power comes back on, look at the voltmeter, 12.2 with the engine off, 14.5 with it running.......do you think the circuit breaker blew, then came back on witht hat much voltage? Never happened the rest of the day. Ground? What the .......AHHHHH :mad:

ChumpChange
06-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I think you turned your key to the off position. :)
Do you have a kill switch / lanyard that could have come loose? One time my ignition wire came loose and did the same thing.

a catered life
06-19-2006, 08:45 AM
first thing first you need to install some kind of pin release or hydo fluid release so you can always axcess your engine compartment....what if you have a small fire you will lose your whole boat because of this :cry:

Cruzzze
06-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes I do, looking at a release right now, couldn't have been the lanyard, cause there was no power at all, like the on/off batt. disconnect switch was off, even though it was on....... Would too much voltage cause that circuit breaker to blow?

ChumpChange
06-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Would too much voltage cause that circuit breaker to blow?
Circuit Breaker?? Does your boat have a breaker like your house that you can just flip on and off when it blows? Are you talking about a fuse breaking? If you're talking about a fuse, there really is no way for a fuse to mend itself back to working condition.
Of course, in the title of this thread, you asked for professional help and I am no professional in this manner.

Jesster
06-19-2006, 09:40 AM
A circuit breaker won't reset itself either. So you have a problem somewhere else. Check loose connections especially around the ingition switch area they can act like that. Check for loose screws and nuts but also wiggle the wires at the points where they are crimped and see if one is a little "to" loose.