PDA

View Full Version : 23 FT CHEETAH TUNNEL

20SPECTRA
05-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Just curious if any body is running this boat and how it is, I am in the market to buy one but want to know how people like it

bigq
05-09-2003, 11:25 PM
I know SandbarMike had one and liked it. I think someone on the boards bought it.

rvrkaosI
05-10-2003, 09:40 PM
I have a 24 stilleto tunnel and have had great luck with this boat. I orginally had a 21 Ultra, but sold that for the 24' from Cheetah Bob. Bob makes a great boat! I have a 454 MPI, I am topped out at 60mph. The boat wants allot more! The hull handles well. I would recommend the 24 over the 23 because the 24 has the option for a mid cud, and the overall stance of the boat is alot bigger. I boat in the Parker area and Havasu, tackled 5ft swells on a bad day, and the boat took the chop like a knife cutting through cake. I have had up to 12 people on board, and The boat has prevailed plenty of room. Talk with BOB, he can make it happen.
RVRKAOS

24ROD
05-11-2003, 08:36 AM
A friend of mine has a 23' open bow and loves it. We went with the 24' closed bow needed a little bit bigger boat. Go see Cheetah Bob he will hook you up.

HeavyHitter
05-11-2003, 02:02 PM
I've got one and love it. It's a great lake boat. We lake camp so the open bow was a must for offloading. It responds to Hp well. Haven't gotten it in trouble with 1100+.

20SPECTRA
05-11-2003, 03:00 PM
Alright sounds like the one to look at is the 24, then, does the hull have any problems freeing up, and what kind of hp motors do you guys have in yours, i was looking at the 496 mag, just wondering what kind of numbers the boat turns with this motor, or is the HO better cause it is a 3,000 upgrade, didnt know if it was worth it or not, Does anybody own one in the are of upland, Ca, maybe i could take a look at it before dragging my wife to havasu, to twist her arm for one

hot_diggity_dog
05-11-2003, 09:14 PM
I've got one and love it. It's a great lake boat. We lake camp so the open bow was a must for offloading. It responds to Hp well. Haven't gotten it in trouble with 1100+. HeavyHitter, Did you say 1100+ in the 24 Cheetah?
Just curious wink
as I have seen alot of Bob's boats and was wondering which motor setup and outdrive? :confused:
Is yours the one they modifed the stern to make it work?
:confused:
HDD :cool:

DogHouse
05-12-2003, 08:18 AM
HDD, that's a 23 with the 1100+hp twin turbo/efi 528 hemi in it. He runs an SSM #4 on a custom setback box that has been glassed onto the transom and gel coated to blend in. It's a very nice and custom setup that he built himself. It scoots... :D
(Wally is not one to brag so I thought I'd help him out a little! :) )

hot_diggity_dog
05-12-2003, 08:22 AM
OK thats the one I saw right after he dropped the motor in. wink
That would make for one scary ride with that much HP. eek! eek! eek!
HDD :cool:

DogHouse
05-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Scary, nah... Eye watering, yes! :D
I haven't been in the boat yet at full speed. (hint hint he STILL owes me a ride!) I have seen it go blasting past me several times though. Looked good, nice attitude, wasn't doing anything funny.

CHEETER-JOE
05-12-2003, 02:56 PM
20SPECTRA
Does anybody own one in the are of upland, Ca, maybe i could take a look at it before dragging my wife to havasu, to twist her arm for one [/QB]Why dont you go to the Upland showroom for Cheetah? Talk to Dory, he will get you a good deal. # 909-931-3268

Sandbar Mike
05-13-2003, 06:47 AM
23 Cheetah is a cool boat, especially with good looking gel coat graphics. I had the 377 Mercruiser which was a bullet proof package,I couldn't imagine how good that thing would run with a 496HO ?75-80mph? what do you think doghouse
The 23 was the best first boat I could have bought, handled good, accept big big water wink never lost anyone though :D we had (I'm not shitting you) 12 people in my 23 open and that thing luved it still ran close to 60mph, But boy hold on when your driving alone, It's wanted to fly many times, ask Havasu LuvR :D AKA white knuckles.
You better go order one quick before summer's over.
I'll bet you walk away spending 35k total if you go with the 377 Bravo1 package,
good luck

rvrkaosI
05-13-2003, 06:57 PM
RVRKAOS has a 454 mpi, and the boat wants MORE! I am way under powered,looking at a supercharger in the near future. I am topped out at 61mph on the odometer. I agree with sandbar mike that the boat runs great with people aboard,but one time I did break it loose by myself jawdrop and almost barrel rolled the boat. I was hot doggin the boat to the sand bar, and caught a wake while the trim was all the way up. The boat recovered ,and I was back on my way though.
Talk with Dory, mention Bob Kawahara, he'll make things happen for you. He doesn't push the boat on you, and he is really a great guy. Call before you go down though, he is not always in the office. Speak with him though, he used to have a 24', 29', and a party cat. Dory is up front, and no bullsh*t.
Order soon though, you will have to wait in line, as Bob probably has a full schedule already!
RVRKAOS

DogHouse
05-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Sandbar Mike:
I couldn't imagine how good that thing would run with a 496HO ?75-80mph? what do you think doghouseYeah, I think upper 70s is probably achievable with the right prop. If you're interested in speed, make sure Bob gets the drive mounted as high as possible, and put a 2" shorty lower if you can swing the extra $$$ for a Sportmaster XR or IMCO lower. The Bravo on my 23 was mounted only an inch or two from the rubrail and the prop shaft was still 8" below the keel, which is much deeper than it needs to be.
-brian

24RODjr
05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure if Pop has chimed in or not yet, but...
We're very happy with the 24'. The only thing that I'd recommend is get as much HP as you can afford.
The supercharged 454 runs mid to high 70's all day long. (which is still not fast enough wink )