PDA

View Full Version : Friends at the lake!

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
HUGE thanks go out to Redneck, Submaker, Racer277 and Atomicktn.
We were sitting in Steamboat with non-boater friends on the boat, when Redneck and Submaker stop by. Had a few "waters" watching the kids play and talked about the Ultra Regatta. Redneck and SM had to run and we were going to follow in ten/15 minutes. We gather the kids and get ready when we find the boat...grrrrrr grrrrr, will not start. No big deal we thought, we give it a few minutes and try it again. . . . . . grrrrrr grrrrrr grrrrrr NADA! So, I do what every boater does when the going gets tough.... I took a nap!
I woke up 1/2 hour later and.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr #@*&^%!!!! Verizon SUX at Steamboat... %$#@*&^&%!!! CAN YOU %*&#* HEAR MY ASS NOW? Finally the cell gods smile down upon us and I got though to Redneck, after trying Bobby (ATK) and Brian(Havasu 47). RN and SM drive all the way back out to Steamboat in Kenny's 21' Ultra to help us out, leaving RN's lovely wife at the launch ramp with the truck and trailer.
We found we had the three thing it takes to make a engine run, Air, Fire and Fuel. Then we remember we had the trump card that whacks that formula the junk every time. That's right, sensors and a computer. One quick call to Sea Tow and we were on our way.
Sea Tow shows up (AWESOME) guys!!!, and start pulling us back to LHC when my cell rings with Atomicktn calling and yelling "THOSE %^&*ing Yellow Boats are WAY to &#$@ing expensive. Tell them to cut you lose"!! We did, they did and Bobby, Windy and the racer277's towed us back to shore.
The boat is headed over to B&D Marine as soon as I get back from Houston so they can pour over the boat and figure out what went wrong.
A pretty long post for me and all to say.... We love our friends and thank you all so much!!!

Cole Trickle
06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Sucks...
I saw your boat when we were leaving Steamboat around 4:00 on Saturday.
I would have towed you in if I would have known there were problems :cry:

WYRD
06-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Glad everything turned out ok, BTW thanks for the food Saturday night.

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Sucks...
I saw your boat when we were leaving Steamboat around 4:00 on Saturday.
I would have towed you in if I would have known there were problems :cry:
Thank you. If you'd have stopped by for a water I could have told you...LMAO...

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Glad everything turned out ok, BTW thanks for the food Saturday night.
Shane,
I really want to thank you and tell everyone that YOU CALL ME and volunteered to drive down from Moabi. Sending HUGE thanks to you too, my friend. Sorry I missed you in the "opener". I was eatting my lunch, Yeah, you guessed it..... SALAD!!!..:D:D:D

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
All the thanks goes to Bobby. After the $^^&%$R*W* phone call he was on his way. It was a great rescue mission, he had it handled. He put the petal to the floor and we were on our way. Blew a belt and a bikini top on the way, Bobby and Sean had the belt changed out in minutes while Windy repaired the Bikini top. :) That is what friends are all about. XXOO

Todd969
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry Mark. I feel partly responsible since I was teasing you about the boat actually running earlier in the day. :rollside: Hope to see you and the family in July.

Cole Trickle
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Thank you. If you'd have stopped by for a water I could have told you...LMAO...
Water? :yuk: ;)
Next time I will make it a point to come over and get hydrated(We were in a rush to get the boat out of the water and detailed for a Photo shoot)

djunkie
06-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the problems Mark. Glad there was someone there to help you out. Someday I'll get down there again when everyone is there. :rollside:

atomickitn
06-19-2006, 12:24 PM
well thats what friends are for ........besides when redneck called he said bring more captain.....what!......and that sea tow would be around $800.00...the last words my crew heard was we are going on a rescue mission, and away we went non stop from park moabi, to just outside steamboat......until i threw a belt..@ 60 mph.....put the new spare on and away we went to get my buddy......your welcome....!!be safe and see you soon :)

NOTALENT
06-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Geez....sorry to hear...Bobby should just open up his own Sea Tow Company....he's already getting alot of biz... :p

atomickitn
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Geez....sorry to hear...Bobby should just open up his own Sea Tow Company....he's already getting alot of biz... :p
na id never get to go boating ....be sides it was a great run down river and across the basin

atomickitn
06-19-2006, 12:31 PM
thats not a bad idea ill launch you retrieve you and tow you in to the marina....all for a couple of "waters" :)

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
That all sounds very familiar.....well except for the blown bikini top :D
What are friends for...........Friend in need is your friend indeed ;)

Kiddunot
06-19-2006, 12:34 PM
that is called quality friendship at its best............way to go bobby

BigDoug
06-19-2006, 12:39 PM
What are friends for............a friend in need is a friend indeed.
Sounds like something out of the "Turnkey" hand book.......that was good Ziggy. :)

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
What are friends for............a friend in need is a friend indeed.
Sounds like something out of the "Turnkey" hand book.......that was good Ziggy. :)
Goes back waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further than that Doug.....early 80's.
I gave up on TT.....TT prez never sent me my sticker. :p :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
That all sounds very familiar.....well except for the blown bikini top :D
What are friends for...........Friend in need is your friend indeed ;)
VERY VERY VERY familiar. I remember making the same call to Ziggy not to long ago. And he and Karl were there to save us. :) :)

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:51 PM
thats not a bad idea ill launch you retrieve you and tow you in to the marina....all for a couple of "waters" :)
I thought it was worth the JELLO!! :p :p :p
BTW did you check the purple cooler??? XXOO :) :)

djunkie
06-19-2006, 12:51 PM
VERY VERY VERY familiar. I remember making the same call to Ziggy not to long ago. And he and Karl were there to save us. :) :)
Hmmmm I remember that day. I was all pissed cause there was some boat left unattended at the launch ramp hogging up all the dock space. :crossx: :crossx:

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Someone claims some F.O.R.D. guy got my boat started... I guesss they are use to get dead motors to come back to life.
j/k.. Thank you Karl! You made everyone on Saturday think I was CrAzY... " Damn Mark, your boat runs just fine"!!!:D

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Hmmmm I remember that day. I was all pissed cause there was some boat left unattended at the launch ramp hogging up all the dock space. :crossx: :crossx:
LOL blah blah blah :) :)

little rowe boat
06-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Man o man, when I first met you, your boat wouldn't start. It must be that GM thing. :yuk:
Howdy Mark, I just couldn't resist.
So when are you guys going to be back in Havasu again?

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Man o man, when I first met you, your boat wouldn't start. It must be that GM thing. :yuk:
Howdy Mark, I just couldn't resist.
So when are you guys going to be back in Havasu again?
You F'n Howard guys are all alike...:D
We'll be back in Havasu in August. We'll see you then!!

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Someone claims some F.O.R.D. guy got my boat started... I guesss they are use to get dead motors to come back to life.
j/k.. Thank you Karl! You made everyone on Saturday think I was CrAzY... " Damn Mark, your boat runs just fine"!!!:D
So how much did that bet cost ya??? :p

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I don't know. I grabbed all the $1's I had and paid him off..
:mad: :mad: :mad:
:D

little rowe boat
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Well since he is not going to be back out til august. Sounds like it cost him the entire month of July.

djunkie
06-19-2006, 01:03 PM
You F'n Howard guys are all alike...:D
We'll be back in Havasu in August. We'll see you then!!
Hey I resemble that remark. :rollside:

BigDoug
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Mark, we seen you in the chanell on Sat. island side and yelled for ya but noticed it wasn't you sitting on your hatch by the swim step, a couple moments go by and i look back and i think you popped up in the back seat ?
I felt goofy yelling at you and it wasn't you :)

WYRD
06-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Shane,
I really want to thank you and tell everyone that YOU CALL ME and volunteered to drive down from Moabi. Sending HUGE thanks to you too, my friend. Sorry I missed you in the "opener". I was eatting my lunch, Yeah, you guessed it..... SALAD!!!..:D:D:D
Oh don't think I would have went to get you, I was just being nice by calling. :p
Djunkie came to see you for lunch today huh :crossx:

djunkie
06-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh don't think I would have went to get you, I was just being nice by calling. :p
Djunkie came to see you for lunch today huh :crossx:
Ohh thats just wrong!!!!!!!!!! :argue: :crossx:

Seatow Havasu
06-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Hey Atomicktn -
This is Debbi from Seatow in Lake Havasu. You may have us confused with the red boats. A tow from Steamboat to the Marina would have only been $195.00 - However if you were a Seatow member for $119.00 a year that service would have been FREE.
How much was your fuel bill and your broken belt from Park Moabi down to Copper Canyon when you picked them up???
Have a nice day. Happy Boating.
Debbi

Phat Daddy
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey Atomicktn -
This is Debbi from Seatow in Lake Havasu. You may have us confused with the red boats. A tow from Steamboat to the Marina would have only been $195.00 - However if you were a Seatow member for $119.00 a year that service would have been FREE.
How much was your fuel bill and your broken belt from Park Moabi down to Copper Canyon when you picked them up???
Debbi
Mark, now look what you started. :rollside: :rollside: :D

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey Atomicktn -
Debbi
Debbi,
Thank the guys for me! Russ, I think. They had a big ol' lab on the boat. Very nice and VERY professional!
The price quoted to Bobby came from someone who didn't know their ass from page eight.:D I'll be signing up with Sea Tow, soon...!!!
As for his costs, I think if you knew Bobby, his boat could have sunk making him swim over and pull a friend home and the only comment you would hear from him would be... It was worth it!

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Mark, now look what you started. :rollside: :rollside: :D
ATTACK OF THE SPAM MONSTER!!! :D :D :D

havasu p/t er
06-19-2006, 02:00 PM
I also wanted to say THANK YOU to Redneck & Heather for handing over a cooler and baggie of food without hesitation. After playing then sitting around for awhile we had 3 very hungry and tired kids. And also thanks for taking them back to our jeep so that they could get out of the heat.
Bobby, Windy, Dia & Sean THANK YOU too!!!! :)

Phat Daddy
06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Mark, sorry we missed you on Sunday. Shane and the guys said you wanted to stay home and take a nap or something. :) :rollside:

Seatow Havasu
06-19-2006, 02:16 PM
No problem - glad to help. It was my husband Russ who towed ya for a little bit. The big fatty choc. Lab is Mocha.

phebus
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I've never priced the cost of Sea-Tow (luckily I've never needed them), but that sounds like a great deal. I will be signing up soon :D

Havasu47
06-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Hey Mark what about me??? If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have anything to do on your way home from the Turtle!!! :D :D

Havasu1986
06-19-2006, 04:05 PM
My Sea Tow renewal came in the mail today. Never have used it but knowing I have it, is worth it.

Windy
06-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Yes you Brat! :)

Windy
06-19-2006, 04:56 PM
All the thanks goes to Bobby. After the $^^&%$R*W* phone call he was on his way. It was a great rescue mission, he had it handled. He put the petal to the floor and we were on our way. Blew a belt and a bikini top on the way, Bobby and Sean had the belt changed out in minutes while Windy repaired the Bikini top. :) That is what friends are all about. XXOO
Thats my Hunny...he hauled ass to go get his buddy. :)

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes you Brat! :)
XXOOXXOOXXOO :) :)
The fun we have with you guys is priceless.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Mark,
Were you broke down when we waved leaving Steamboat on Saturday ???? :idea:
You were just outside the bouy line floating......
You shudda' waved us over !!!!!!!! :mad:
CJG

Windy
06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
yes we did and you did not have to do that ......thank you for your help and for spending the weakend with us ..bobby..n windy.. :rollside:

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Mark,
Were you broke down when we waved leaving Steamboat on Saturday ???? :idea:
You were just outside the bouy line floating......
You shudda' waved us over !!!!!!!! :mad:
CJG
I did wave, you ignored me....wait, that was Kenny you ignored..:D
I can't remember what time you went by. You had a lot of people on your boat and that would have been bad to have so many people laughing at us..:D:D:D
Thank you again everyone!!!!

Havasu1986
06-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey Atomicktn -
Debbi
Debbi
Just opened my renewal notice and it's $149 not $119. It does say gold member type.

Redneck
06-19-2006, 08:00 PM
I did wave, you ignored me....wait, that was Kenny you ignored..:D
I can't remember what time you went by. You had a lot of people on your boat and that would have been bad to have so many people laughing at us..:D:D:D
Thank you again everyone!!!!
thats funny sh!t right there Mark you know we love ya anytime brother but next time dont eat all my jello shots.

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 08:18 PM
thats funny sh!t right there Mark you know we love ya anytime brother but next time dont eat all my jello shots.
I didn't... It was Windy, Dia and the FISH!!! :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I didn't... It was Windy, Dia and the FISH!!! :rollside:
LOL
I blame the fish.
Snitch :p

Seatow Havasu
06-19-2006, 08:32 PM
The $149.00 is the gold card which would cover you anywhere (Lake, River, Ocean) you would be boating at - in any boat. If you were boating anywhere in the world SeaTow would cover up to $5000.00 to be re-imbursed to be towed by any indepented tow company. (it must be a real towing company - Sorry no friends!)
The $119.00 is for Lake Havasu only.
If you go onto www.seatow.com you can check on the deals and discounts page and see where you can use your seatow membership card to get some benefits.
Any questions give me a call 928-727-6945
Debbi

Redneck
06-19-2006, 08:35 PM
The $149.00 is the gold card which would cover you anywhere (Lake, River, Ocean) you would be boating at - in any boat. If you were boating anywhere in the world SeaTow would cover up to $5000.00 to be re-imbursed to be towed by any indepented tow company. (it must be a real towing company - Sorry no friends!)
The $119.00 is for Lake Havasu only.
If you go onto www.seatow.com you can check on the deals and discounts page and see where you can use your seatow membership card to get some benefits.
Any questions give me a call 928-727-6945
Debbi
sounds like a great service will probably be adding it soon to my wallet

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 08:36 PM
sounds like a great service will probably be adding it soon to my wallet
You better ride with me...:D

GRUNION
06-19-2006, 09:02 PM
OG nice meeting you in the channel sorry you had trouble in the cove wish I would have known I would have got you in. looks like your friends had it covered tho.

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
OG nice meeting you in the channel sorry you had trouble in the cove wish I would have known I would have got you in. looks like your friends had it covered tho.
Thank you, G! Nice meeting you and your Pops! I hope you guys had a nice Fathers Day together.

GRUNION
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i apreciate you guys making room for us. I dont go to havi much but my dad lives at the islander so say whats up when you see him. I guees he hang out in the channel every day. Must be nice huh.

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
yeah i apreciate you guys making room for us. I dont go to havi much but my dad lives at the islander so say whats up when you see him. I guees he hang out in the channel every day. Must be nice huh.
Yeah, I can only imagine!...:D