PDA

View Full Version : Worst Disaster For Fathers Day Wkend

Wicked Performance Boats
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
:cry: Well it started Friday when I took the Motorhome and New Wicked boat to get Gas. On my way home, MY MOTORHOME CAUGHT on FIRE (motor compartment)I pulled off on a side rode on highway and then BOOM!!!! I could'nt get the hood up and flames were coming out of the vents on top and hood was melting, I ran into the motorhome to get fire exteng. and that didnt put out ,SO, I ran to get the BOAT OFF Finally a car stopped and helped me get the boat off, I was on a down hill road. I then ran back into the motorhome and put keys in and put in N to get away from GAS LINE, POWERLINES, and peeps standing around, DUH, PROPANE TANKS, Flames were rolling up the the front window and inside next to me the motor compartment, It was HOT i tell ya,I rolled it down and into the desert and flames engulfed the whole inside . I WATCHED IT BURN DOWN :cry: :cry:I could of died. :skull: BUT I SAVED MY BOAT. A BIG THANKS to BLOW-N-TIME for helping us and putting us up at his place at Parker, We LOVE Ya ROD!!!!!! Because of him we were able to make the trip. The fire department said I did Right.COOL! Even with that we did'nt let it ruin our weekend. Its GREAT to be ALIVE :p Julie :220v:

49er
06-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I had the same thing happen to me about 3 years ago. I tried to put the fire out but was unsuccessful, but when I spoke with my insurance company they said I was lucky to have the motor home burn to the ground. Because if I was to save it, the insurance co. would not have covered it.

GunninGopher
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I had the same thing happen to me about 3 years ago. I tried to put the fire out but was unsuccessful, but when I spoke with my insurance company they said I was lucky to have the motor home burn to the ground. Because if I was to save it, the insurance co. would not have covered it.
How is that?

LAFD
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
:cry: Well it started Friday when I took the Motorhome and New Wicked boat to get Gas. On my way home, MY MOTORHOME CAUGHT on FIRE (motor compartment)I pulled off on a side rode on highway and then BOOM!!!! I could'nt get the hood up and flames were coming out of the vents on top and hood was melting, I ran into the motorhome to get fire exteng. and that didnt put out ,SO, I ran to get the BOAT OFF Finally a car stopped and helped me get the boat off, I was on a down hill road. I then ran back into the motorhome and put keys in and put in N to get away from GAS LINE, POWERLINES, and peeps standing around, DUH, PROPANE TANKS, Flames were rolling up the the front window and inside next to me the motor compartment, It was HOT i tell ya,I rolled it down and into the desert and flames engulfed the whole inside . I WATCHED IT BURN DOWN :cry: :cry:I could of died. :skull: BUT I SAVED MY BOAT. A BIG THANKS to BLOW-N-TIME for helping us and putting us up at his place at Parker, We LOVE Ya ROD!!!!!! Because of him we were able to make the trip. The fire department said I did Right.COOL! Even with that we did'nt let it ruin our weekend. Its GREAT to be ALIVE :p Julie :220v:
man that really sucks glad you made it out ok and were able to save the boat. hopfully you have insurance and can get comped for your loss.

'78 gt boat
06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Holy crap!!!!! :eek: :eek:. Glad everyone is ok. Godd job with the boat :crossx:

'78 gt boat
06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
I mean good job with the boat :crossx: :crossx:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Thought we had full coverage but only had liability. Damm I have to go back to a tent!!! BL :cry:

malcolm
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry to hear it. Bummer of a Dad's day. What kind of motorhome was it?

Wicked Performance Boats
06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Just a small fully self contained 20ft. Based on a 1 ton chevy van chassis. But it had new upholstry, carpet, and new mini blinds. 1985 :cry:

GunninGopher
06-19-2006, 02:57 PM
That really sucks but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it.
I don't know if you have kids or not, but it could have been a lot worse. A couple of years ago someone heading out to the desert from San Diego had their class c catch fire and they couldn't get 2 kids out of the overhead bunk.
That's a "Worst Disaster For Fathers Day Weekend" , IMHO.

cave
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Sad to hear but good to here you are all OK! Was the Coach insured?

malcolm
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah, a 20 is really nice for a boat tow-er. If I ever find a nice buy on one I plan on picking it up. Hope you can find another one, and hope you didn't loose anything that can't be replaced. :(

3 daytona`s
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey!! you got the boat off-GOOD I saw a motorhome propane explosion with 4 people inside some years ago,it was like a bomb going off.Propane explosions are a ball of fire then out,except what it catches on fire.This could have been much worse.

Cas
06-19-2006, 03:31 PM
WOW, that sucks! Glad to hear everyone is ok, motorhomes can be replaced, people can't. We just sold our '85 20' motorhome 2 weeks ago. We really liked it for a few reasons and didn't for others.
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/94e900b0.jpg
On a couple of trips we encountered vapor lock due to the way the gas lines were routed. I redid them and never had the problem again but was real concerned about a fire prior to the change.

bakerjet
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
what a bummer. :cry: look around and get another one, they are fun :rollside:

49er
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
How is that?
They said it would have been a maintanance problem, but with it completly destoyed it's not worth the investigation.As long as they don't feel negligence was the cause.

Harley5229
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I am glad to hear you are all OK...