PDA

View Full Version : Who Else got...

Holland
06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Busted at Mead for noise??? I saw a few of you out there gettin one of these
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/13Noise_Ticket.jpg
EDIT - l the info on the original post was old... So it was NOOOO Bueno!!!
But thanks all for the heads up! I am sure the new occupants would not appreciate it! THANKS
I had all the safety gear, showed that all kids were properly equipped, throwable, 3 Fire Esting... Had all. got busted!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Oh well, the ticket is still cheaper than gas. Wife says fight it, that will give us a reason to go back soon!!!!!!

laveydayz
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I have had a few friends get them at Mead. From what all of them have said is the LE's there have no idea as far as the test parameters are concerned. Nextel4u got one in his 30ft Hallett twin 500efi's w/Imco Gatlin Mufflers only running on one engine!!! If you read the SAE spec there is a certain method to this testing......go figure!!

No Name
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I thought you had mufflers??

Outnumbered
06-19-2006, 03:50 PM
That sucks you got busted...
Oh, and I would photoshop some of your information off that picture. Lots of bad people could get pretty crafty with that much info.
Forensic
Ditto that. Your name, address, DOB, phone, and SIGNATURE. Oh, that could get ugly quick.

BajaMike
06-19-2006, 03:52 PM
You have mufflers??

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
06-19-2006, 03:58 PM
all i need now is your Visa number. :)

laveydayz
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I thought you had mufflers??
As I stated Nextel4u got one with Imco mufflers.....what the hell are you supposed to do at that point...keep spending $700+ until you find some that will pass the BS testing methods at Mead??

River918
06-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Please!!!!!! take your personal info off of here....IDENTITY THEFT is running wild........ :crossx:

Warlockjer
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Yea, that ticket says just about everything you need to know about Robert Brett Holland. I feel his pain tho :)

Beer-30
06-19-2006, 04:30 PM
For the record, I asked IMCO reps at the LA Boat Show about 496s and Gatlins. They said it will not quite make a stock 496 legal. Gatlins are a high flow muffler just to take the "edge" off.
Rex PowerSilencers, Gibson Bullets, and Gibson PowerTips - plus a few others will go legal.
The Gibsons sound OK. The Rex tips make a 496 sound like a sewing machine. They are extremely effective - on noise.
Several threads on here about mufflers.

SHIFTY
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
If There Was Another Boat Running, Structure, Canyon, Or Mountain Within A 1/4 Of A Mile In Any Direction... Fight It And Win.

Jrocket
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
If you could just give me your SS number,you'll have a new Porsche payment showing up in the mail shortly. :p

James'SS-24
06-19-2006, 05:04 PM
I took my rex powersilencers off. Seemed to cut the top end off with my whipple charger and I didn't like the sound. If any body wants them I'll take 500 for them.

Not So Fast
06-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Holland, Your avatar shows a HP525, is that your motor? If so I sure didnt think they were in the 96 decible range as stated on the ticket :idea: Were you satisfied with the test they performed being done properly?? What were you doing at the time of the ticket. Sorry for all the questions but it will help other boaters to know also, Thanks. NSF

Jbb
06-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Sounds like someone needs a pair of...these! (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94006&highlight=spam+mufflers)

Quality Time
06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Where on the Lake?? I was out there for a 4 day hosueboat trip. Ran into Echo almost everyday and never had a problem (twin 496 HO's). I did get checked because the boat has no numbers on it, but the name and port were on the transom. He was okay with that. Didn't want to see the docs or anything else. Guess I was lucky.

Holland
06-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Alright YALL... That is an old address and number, I wasnt about to talk to him anymore than I had to (to give him the correct info)... Have a hayday with it! hahaha
The house has new occupants!!!! But thanks for all the heads up anyway... Are you all going to tell me that there is shifty characters here??? :skull: :cool:
and Shifty, Exactly, that is the plan. It was in the marina with alot of other boats by. The meter was banging 45+ before I even started mine up!
I caught it before he turned the meter.

SHIFTY
06-20-2006, 10:01 AM
Alright YALL... That is an old address and number, I wasnt about to talk to him anymore than I had to (to give him the correct info)... Have a hayday with it! hahaha
The house has new occupants!!!! But thanks for all the heads up anyway... Are you all going to tell me that there is shifty characters here??? :skull: :cool:
and Shifty, Exactly, that is the plan. It was in the marina with alot of other boats by. The meter was banging 45+ before I even started mine up!
I caught it before he turned the meter.
CASE CLOSED. AND FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, IF ANYONE IS EVER GONNA BE SOUND CHECKED, PULL OUT THE VID OR STILL CAMERA AND DOCUMENT IT JUST FOR THAT REASON. PEOPLE WONDER WHY WE HATE THIS TYPE OF SHIT... IT's BECAUSE THE IDIOTS WRITING THE TICKETS DON't UNDERSTAND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THE TEST SHOULD BE ADMINISTERED...

Debbolas
06-20-2006, 10:14 AM
How big is your boat?
Our friends have a 30ft that is very loud, compared to our 26ft because of where the exhuast sits in/out of the water. You can't even hear yourself talk in their boat
lol ;)
My buddy Dan got a noisy violation a few years back on Mead :(

Boatcop
06-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Alright YALL... That is an old address and number, I wasnt about to talk to him anymore than I had to (to give him the correct info)... Have a hayday with it! hahaha The house has new occupants!!!!
Nothing like adding "Failure to Change Address on Registration" and "Providing False Information" to the growing list of problems.

Holland
06-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Nothing like adding "Failure to Change Address on Registration" and "Providing False Information" to the growing list of problems.
Your killin me Alan!!!!!!
I dont think the ranger was having a fun day... It was fathers day and he didn't seem to pleasant. Someone must have really got him fired up.
No I had no Malicious intent towards the officer. In fact, he waved toward me, I waved back and we started a conversation about the safety gear. He saw I was more than completely current... Oh well...

Holland
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM
How big is your boat?
Our friends have a 30ft that is very loud, compared to our 26ft because of where the exhuast sits in/out of the water. You can't even hear yourself talk in their boat
lol ;)
My buddy Dan got a noisy violation a few years back on Mead :(
Hey Deb...
It is a 30 Kachina Shadow... It has an integrated swim step which acts a an echo chamber as well...

No Name
06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
As I stated Nextel4u got one with Imco mufflers.....what the hell are you supposed to do at that point...keep spending $700+ until you find some that will pass the BS testing methods at Mead??
Got one last year in the channel, 150.00. I still have no mufflers and just got back from Havasu with no ticket. I was hanging with an off duty boat cop and he told that they really won’t mess with you for it anymore out in havasu. I will be going back at the end of the month with no mufflers so I hope he’s right.
Chicken $hit ticket if you ask me. :mad: