PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on XM radio

bocco
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
HAs anybody else noticed how muxh advertising is on XM radio all of a sudden. I thought I paid all that money so I didn't have to listen to comecials.

Parker Dreamin
06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I am pretty sure it is only on certain channels, but I have it on the boat and did notice more this past weekend.

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Usually its only on a few stations.......and/or self-promotion of XM.
I've heard it a one or two Sirius stations too(Disney)

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I heard ads on the comedy channel. WTF is with that. like you said, we are paying money so we don't have to listen to the shit between songs (or comedy acts).

uvindex
06-19-2006, 04:01 PM
I listen only to music channels on XM so I haven't noticed.
Their site says they have over 170 channels, 69 of which are commercial-free, which tells me that least 101 of them have commercials! :boxed:

Lucky Bastard
06-19-2006, 04:05 PM
It's an old trick called the "Bait & Switch"
Who could resist the money? :cool:

Phat Matt
06-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I am sure they would like to turn a profit one of these days. :)

Magic34
06-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I noticed commercials on XM Hitlist and Kiss.

It's all Good
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
It is just on the Clear Channel progammed channels. Here is the reply I got last week when I complained about it:
Thank you for contacting XM Satellite Radio.
We understand your concern in the matter. Over the past year, XM Satellite Radio has greatly expanded and enhanced its channel lineup with great music channels, more live sports play-by-play and other exclusive original programming. In just the last year, XM added over 15 channels for a total of more than 160 channels. Soon we will increase that number to more than 170 channels of programming - the most in satellite radio.
We know how popular our commercial-free music lineup is with our subscribers. On March 1 we added two new commercial-free music channels - Big Tracks (XM 49) and XM-Chill (XM 84), bringing our total number of commercial-free music channels to 69 - the most commercial-free music we have ever been able to offer and the most in satellite radio.
This spring we will add a variety of new, commercial-free music channels and exciting new formats, details for which we'll announce in the next month. Because of their early investment in XM, radio broadcasting company Clear Channel provides programming for four of our current music channels (KISS, MIX, Nashville and Sunny and a fifth music channel in development), as well as content for select talk channels. An arbitration panel recently ruled that Clear Channel has the right to include commercials on the music programming that it provides XM. As a result, these four channels will start to carry commercials this spring. At the same time, XM will add new commercial-free music channels of its own so that subscribers will see no reduction in the total number of commercial-free music channels. We currently have 69 commercial-free music channels and that number will not change, even after Clear Channel starts to include commercials.
We apologize for any concern or confusion that this may have caused. Please continue to check xmradio.com for updates
If you listened to one of those channels that have been subject to change such as Nashville XM 11, please try Us County XM 17. If you listened to KISS XM 21, try Hit List XM 30. Instead of Mix XM 22 you may want to try Flight 26 XM 26 and if you listened to Sunny you may try Escape XM 78 as an alternative.

Nord
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Programming on Sirius is way better. I ditched XM for it and I am way happier with it! No commercials either!! Only on the talk stations.