PDA

View Full Version : BIG THANKS to the West family (Ultra)

Magic34
06-19-2006, 04:37 PM
About 2 weeks before the regatta, John and I were talking about hooking up for a lunch run to the Springs on Friday and I was buying.
We'll that run turned into about 15 boats and we filled one section of the place. Tables got all split up and they were WAY understaffed for everyone there.
Lunch ended up taking way over 2 hours. Shadow, Insman, and myself (families) had to go sit in the bar area to get service for food and drinks and was split from the group. No problem, but we were the last to get food and eat.
Well, we had no idea that we were that far behind and others started leaving, no problem, which screwed me out of buying John and his family lunch. It came time for our group to pay and we asked for the bill because it was taking so long to get the damn bill.
Come to find out, John's wife sneaked in and bought our table lunch as well (9 people total).
So...........
THANK YOU to the West family.
I'll get you back, I promise!!!!! :crossx: You also have me way pumped up on that other deal. :cool:

JB in so cal
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
THANK YOU to the West family.
I'll get you back, I promise!!!!! :crossx: You also have me way pumped up on that other deal. :cool:[/QUOTE]
you know. that other thing; you know the thing. not that thing, the other thing...LOL :)

Magic34
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
you know. that other thing; you know the thing. not that thing, the other thing...LOL :)
Yeah, you know that 1 thing before those other 3 things that you said the week before last about the other thing.

ULTRA28
06-19-2006, 04:49 PM
No problem. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out longer. It turned out to be a much bigger deal than I had originally expected. We'll have to do it again sometime. It was nice to finally meet you and your family. I'll keep you posted on that other thing.

Magic34
06-19-2006, 05:49 PM
No problem. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to hang out longer. It turned out to be a much bigger deal than I had originally expected. We'll have to do it again sometime. It was nice to finally meet you and your family. I'll keep you posted on that other thing.
I'm thinking October when it isn't 200 degrees outside. :rollside:

ULTRA28
06-19-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm thinking October when it isn't 200 degrees outside. :rollside:
Yeah, sounds good to me. I just walked outside and it's still blazing. I always seem to pick the hottest weekends for my regatta.

INSman
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Thank you and your wife as well John :)
Although we have not really met formally, I do appreciate the very kind gesture and can't wait for the opportunity to return the generosity :cool:

Todd969
06-19-2006, 07:47 PM
That John is a class act. He pulled up next to us on Sunday just to ask Dan if his boat was ok and BS'd for a bit. I think he really wanted to take a closer look at the JC. :rollside:

voodoomedman
06-19-2006, 07:58 PM
I was about to start a thread saying the same thing but you beat me too it.
Friday might have just been one of the better parts as it wasn't go, go, go and we were able to hang and meet people.
John your family is awesome. My son had a blast chasing your kids and I think it was your nephews or something on Saturday night. Your father-in-law is a class act as well.
Thanks to you or big John or whoever it was that payed for lunch on Friday. Nobody would take my money. Geez if I'd have know I would have ordered a bunch of drinks. J/K It was not expected and certainly appreciated. It was nice to hang with you guys and big John and his wife and meet other Ultra owners. Too bad Billy and Timmarie are down in El Cajon they were cool peeps.
I am sorry I missed last year and I can't wait for next year. Of course we have to get rid of these wild cards though on the poker run. Ace high straight I was in first place for a grand and then some peeps have jokers for first and second place and we end up with 150. Oh well it was a fun run and it's 150 we didn't have. Well actually 110 cuz we bought two hands.
Anyway great people all around. Steve I'm glad to have given that test ride in my boat. Anytime, just let me know.
One last word of advice for everybody. If your not ready to spend big money keep your wives away from John. If you want a bigger boat then have him talk to her. This guy is smart he talks to the lady about the boats and asks them if they want a test ride and all of a sudden your having conversations with your wife about upgrading to a bigger boat. But hey oh well, when I'm ready then I guess 3rd place in the poker run guaranteed me $50 bucks off the price of my next Ultra.

Magic34
06-20-2006, 11:00 AM
Sounds like they bought the whole place lunch. Way cool of them. Thanks again!!!!

sigepmock
06-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Sounds like they bought the whole place lunch. Way cool of them. Thanks again!!!!
Yeah they picked up the tab for everyone.....how cool is that, especially with as many people that showed up!!! Kinda screwed up my plans to buy you lunch, Michael. :D And thanks for that thing you did for me....color should work out perfect and they got the nod of approval from the wife.
John, Leah, Steve and Anya(SP?), Holly, Mr. Holly(shipping guy :) , Big John,....everyone that worked for Ultra that was there was great. A big thank you from our family as well. We had my parents along with us for their Once a Year trip to the River and they were so impressed by the whole event and how friendly everyone was.
Great meeting all the other Ultra owners too. Nice to put some faces to the names. See you all out there on the water.
Chris