PDA

View Full Version : Essex Regatta

luvnhavsu
06-19-2006, 08:41 PM
I was wondering how many people on here own a Essex and how many owners plan on going to the regatta this year. Me and my husband are still thinking about. I am not real happy with essex and there regatta are not that good any ways so just thought I would see how other essex owner felt :) .

Havasu bound
06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I own a Laser. Same company. If they ever would call it Essex / Laser regatta, I would go.

Jdbuck
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
I own a 21' Sterling and bought it in 1999. I am happy with the boat and went to one regatta. Thought it was unorganized and not well planned. Especially the trip up to the sandbar for the arial photo!!! What a disaster that was. One of their regattas was enough for me.
I haven't had any dealings with the company since I moved my boat to my house in Havasu.
Jeff

rodnjen
06-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Real happy with my boat and the last regatta. Things were a little hectic but we're used to fending for ourselves. You should go and have a good time with the other owners and enjoy it for what it is, a celebration of a great family pasttime.
We are not arriving until Saturday afternoon due to work commiments but we will be out on the water Sun.-Tues. weather permitting.

luvnhavsu
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Ya we might just go we live in Havasu now been here for year now and we plan on going to the water any ways so what the heck might as well hang out with other essex owner. I have to say we have become friends with some of the most awsome people that own essex atleast I can say that is the best part of the regatta is hanging out with all the other essex owner. I havent figured out why essex just doesnt put essex and laser together for the regatta I mean there pretty much the same boat so why not just do essex/laser regatta :) but anyways thanks for the replys it is nice to know how others feel thanks.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Absolutely thrilled with Essex, we've bought two from them. Really made us feel like part of the family. Kinda makes me sad that we are selling our current Essex.

Brian Hatch
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I know one thing about the Reggatta, They will be giving away American Outdoors Coolers for people who are signed up!! Worked with them for the first time this year and they stepped up to the plate to get all the owners our coolers for a give away!!! They were great to work with and plans in the future might included our coolers coming stock in the boat instead of the built in cooler. Nice people, nice boats & a Free AO Cooler. What else can you ask for!!
Brian
American Outdoors
www.aocoolers.com

BajaMike
06-20-2006, 04:04 PM
I know one thing about the Reggatta, They will be giving away American Outdoors Coolers for people who are signed up!! Worked with them for the first time this year and they stepped up to the plate to get all the owners our coolers for a give away!!! They were great to work with and plans in the future might included our coolers coming stock in the boat instead of the built in cooler. Nice people, nice boats & a Free AO Cooler. What else can you ask for!!
Brian
American Outdoors
www.aocoolers.com
I don't know about Essex, but I love your coolers....I've got three of them!
:rollside:

duffster
06-21-2006, 06:24 AM
We own a Essex and I am out here at Havafew right now useing a PC at London Bridge trying to wake up. On Friday we will be moving over to the Nautical Inn.
If the regatta is crappy again it will be the last for us.
I was wondering how many people on here own a Essex and how many owners plan on going to the regatta this year. Me and my husband are still thinking about. I am not real happy with essex and there regatta are not that good any ways so just thought I would see how other essex owner felt :) .

rodnjen
06-28-2006, 06:38 PM
So how was the regatta? In 2004 there was a hell of a turnout. I didn't make it in to town until late saturday, did I miss anything?

luvnhavsu
06-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Well we went but didnt get kids up in time for parade so we missed that. They had some stuff at the Nautical I think it was 2 jumpers I didnt see anything else. But we couldnt get on the beach to see if there was anything else I dont understand why they didnt do it at the beach they always use. I thought it was a very bad turn out but come to find out thats what they wanted thats why they started charging the 45fee guess people were brining to many people. Dinner was sold out for us so we didnt eat there and the prize give away was ok but they threw more towels and cup holder out then anything I think they did that because they were old and needed to get rid of them LOL. I only can think of 2 good things they gave away that was about it. There were alot of essex on the water but I think alot of them just came out for fun and not the regatta all in all it was ok but not good enough for me to go again. I added a couple photos that I took hope I put them on here right LOL.

cola
06-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Absolutely thrilled with Essex, we've bought two from them. Really made us feel like part of the family. Kinda makes me sad that we are selling our current Essex.
I'am on my 2nd Essex also & love the boat. I reg. for the party and picked up my cooler. Nice cooler. Scott, any word on your boat.
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1268109_0923_1.JPG

duffster
06-29-2006, 05:12 AM
We love our Essex. They make a great boat.

rodnjen
06-29-2006, 06:45 AM
The parage two years ago went on forever. I remember one "***boater" posted that he didn't care if he ever saw another Essex. It was pretty funny at the time, although it may have lost a little in translation.
Glad everyone had fun, perhaps we'll make the next one.

luvnhavsu
06-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Ya we love our boat to thats one thing I can say about essex they really do make good boats. Hey Cola how does your boat ride ? We are thinking about going bigger not sure if we want the 29 ft Alandra or a deck boat. We have been thinking about Conquest or Magic deck boats but one thing is for sure we really need a bigger boat seems the family just keeps getting bigger LOL. :rollside: :rollside:

duffster
06-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Dose anyone have anymore pictures from the regatta??

Havasu_Dreamin
06-29-2006, 07:24 AM
Hey Cola how does your boat ride ? We are thinking about going bigger not sure if we want the 29 ft Alandra or a deck boat. We have been thinking about Conquest or Magic deck boats but one thing is for sure we really need a bigger boat seems the family just keeps getting bigger LOL. :rollside: :rollside:
Rides like a Cadillac and I've got a 29 Alandra with a 525 for sale.

charlyox
06-29-2006, 09:12 AM
I am on my 2nd Essex and love it. I couldn't make to the regatta I had to work.

luvnhavsu
06-29-2006, 09:18 AM
I have some more pic of the regatta but there only ones around the Nautical and a couple from the give away but thats about it. I wonder if they posted the regatta on essex.com Amy said some time this week they would try and get them up.
Hey Havasu Dreamin what year is it and whats your asking price ? :)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-29-2006, 09:48 AM
IHey Havasu Dreamin what year is it and whats your asking price ? :)
I sent you a PM with links to ad, pictures and details. As with everything the price is negotiable.

cola
07-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I sent you a PM with links to ad, pictures and details. As with everything the price is negotiable.
Scott, I'll give you $ 7,599.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Scott, I'll give you $ 7,599.
Add another digit at the end of that before the decimal and we'll see what we can do. :crossx: :)