PDA

View Full Version : channel overnight

ELVIS
06-19-2006, 10:49 PM
we are staying at queens bay this weekend and wondering about leaving a boat in the water overnight? is it still allowed and would you recomend it. thanks for any info.

HMF'er
06-20-2006, 12:57 AM
Signs posted prohibit it. I've been in the channel pretty late and have not seen popo, so I dunno if it's enforced.

H20 Toie
06-20-2006, 06:33 AM
yes you will get a ticket but i don't remember how much it costs

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2006, 06:35 AM
Ticket will cost you ~$500 from what I have been told.

HavasuSelect
06-20-2006, 08:13 AM
A couple years back I left the boat in the channel overnight. When I got back the next morning there was a warning on the boat that stated if I did it again I'd be fined. However that was a couple years ago and there were at least 10-15 other boats moored overnight. I highly doubt they'd let you get by with a warning these days.

Jordy
06-20-2006, 08:19 AM
I'd be more worried about someone screwing with it leaving it there unsupervised. Seems to be more instances of that lately. :(

WET HULL
06-20-2006, 05:16 PM
We asked the cops about that on memorial weekend and they said it was a $200 dollar ticket. I left mine in the channel that night and did not get a ticket or a warning. It was worth the $200 not to deal with the launch line and then try to find a spot in the channel. I may have got lucky or they just dont care. They said they can't enforce it until 3am when that bars close.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
I left mine in overnight this past saturday, but then again i was past out on the back seat!

UncleLarry
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
10pm......... after that you are suppose to be in your boat...
will you get a ticket? maybe maybe not....
as someone else said...i would be more worried now about possibility some vandalism....
Little ole lake havasu is growing up.....and as all.. we are going thru growing pains...
It's still a pretty damn good place to come and enjoy the lake......

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Bryan I am not surprised that you were sleeping in the back!!! You doin the lake thing this weekend? I know Jay and I are trying to get something going for havi for the 4th. let me know if your interested

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 05:35 PM
No plans as of yet, im down for whatever. Funny thing was i was parked next to phatt matt and his sick stereo and twin engines and neither woke me up. Good news was when i woke up the boat on the other side of phatt matt also had a victom in the back seat! Funny shiat

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 05:42 PM
I picked my boat up last week it was fine. but I had some other bs stuff with my truck. The sift cable from the park selector down to the tranny broke, and chevy is having a hard time getting me the part. But anyways we are making a decision on the house tomorrow. So if ya want to roll you are invited maybe we can get all 3 boats passed out in the channel or atleast some half naked chicks! you know how we roll

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 05:59 PM
I left mine in overnight this past saturday, but then again i was past out on the back seat!
I had guys with wacka's passed out on each side of me. Stern drives rule. :D

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
No plans as of yet, im down for whatever. Funny thing was i was parked next to phatt matt and his sick stereo and twin engines and neither woke me up. Good news was when i woke up the boat on the other side of phatt matt also had a victom in the back seat! Funny shiat
I tried waking you up to say goodbye. lol. Yeah right. Russ on the other side of me was tucked in with one of my towels. :p
I should have taken a pic of you two sleepy heads. I was only there until 4am. :D

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Hey Matt i know you guys rowed out of there, cuz there is know way i sleep through you starting that thing up!

Froggystyle
06-20-2006, 06:03 PM
I should have taken a pic of you two sleepy heads. I was only there until 4am. :D
So... an early night for you? :D
Howzit going?

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Damn Matt you should've taking a picture! That would've been some funny ass shit to see! good lord. Bryan did you just stay the whole night? and party in the morning?

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Matt i know you guys rowed out of there, cuz there is know way i sleep through you starting that thing up!
Dude, you were out like a light. I was shaking you trying to wake you up to say bye but you didn't even move. I should have towed you to the other side of the lake and really confused you. lol :D
Good times. :)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
I did what any hot boater would have done. Got up, wiped the boat down and headed to topock for breakfast!

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
So... an early night for you? :D
Howzit going?
We debated on just staying up to boat the next day, but everyone passed out on us. We came home in the twilight. I know you would have been there next to me. :D

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Damn Matt you should've taking a picture! That would've been some funny ass shit to see! good lord. Bryan did you just stay the whole night? and party in the morning?
I should have. I think my friend Russ might still be there. lol. :)

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Dude, you were out like a light. I was shaking you trying to wake you up to say bye but you didn't even move. I should have towed you to the other side of the lake and really confused you. lol :D
Good times. :)
Good thing it was a small crowd, i could have woke up with a nice sharpie tattoo across my chest and painted toe nails! Im glad i passed out, i would have hated myself if i tried to pull my boat off in that condition. Maybe we shouldnt drink beer out of the bottom of the can?

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Good thing it was a small crowd, i could have woke up with a nice sharpie tattoo across my chest and painted toe nails! Im glad i passed out, i would have hated myself if i tried to pull my boat off in that condition. Maybe we shouldnt drink beer out of the bottom of the can?
Shit, you were "Frank the Tank". Come on, let's do another. :) Next time I am doing warm ones. Those cold ones hurt!

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 06:12 PM
thats funny right there. Well I can tell bryan went with a couple of dudes, bc the guys that come with us to the lake hate beer and have to do the vodka/redbull stuff. But uh I wouldnt drink from the bottom of the can

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Shit, you were "Frank the Tank". Come on, let's do another. :) Next time I am doing warm ones. Those cold ones hurt!
Frank the tank is my idol! Wait till i go streaking!

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
thats funny right there. Well I can tell bryan went with a couple of dudes, bc the guys that come with us to the lake hate beer and have to do the vodka/redbull stuff. But uh I wouldnt drink from the bottom of the can
Im a very universal alcholic! I try not to discriminate against any form of alchol. Actually i rolled out solo, everyone flaked.

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 06:22 PM
why did they all flake? I wanted to go back this weekend. My friend cindy has her 5th wheel up there and her and like 8 chicks are going up. But I just dont have the cash for 2 straight trips. still not working yet

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I say blow off 4th weekend and lets go this weekend. Im not down for the big weekends anymore.The po po crack down to hard on those weekend for "frank the tank". To many idiots, to much po po = la paz county jail for me.

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
ya we just are careful. we will keep your ass in line. I have another buddy who is gonna come up with us, who knows la paz very well..lol... stupid ass. anyways I wish I could my truck isnt even fixed yet

Havasu1986
06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
I tried waking you up to say goodbye. lol. Yeah right. Russ on the other side of me was tucked in with one of my towels. :p
4a.m. How do you guys do it. 15 yers ago I had it in me, but now I'm lucky to make it to 10. When do you start drinking and when do you stop.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
4a.m. How do you guys do it. 15 yers ago I had it in me, but now I'm lucky to make it to 10. When do you start drinking and when do you stop.
Starting and stoping kinda blur together at the river for some reason!

25dic
06-20-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey Money, what did you do after Topok breakfast? And never buy into someone knowing someone to get you off, I had a friend with Federaly's and Fireman on his boat and still got hooked. Glad you made it up and back OK.

bignet
06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Signs posted prohibit it. I've been in the channel pretty late and have not seen popo, so I dunno if it's enforced.
I'm pretty sure they enforce more on the big weekends than regular ones, but it's a risk no matter what, especially for theft. Lots of boats on a big weekend risky, only your boat on a slow weekend, asking for trouble from popo, or thieves!
bignet :crossx:

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
We launched around 10am. I love being on the water at night. I usually wake up after 9pm anyway, always have. I started drinking about 15 years ago, haven't stopped since. :D

Acommanderguy
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Its making sure the people/friends who are with you are making smart decisions. If I was drunk I would hope one of my friends who was sober would grab my keys and help load the boat on the trailer and not endanger anyone. Thats what I meant when I said if your with us you will be ok. I normally have 3-4 sober guys(including myslef) who will make sure all the boats that came with us or operated properly and put on the trailer. So ya I would rely on good people to help out.

Havasu1986
06-20-2006, 09:06 PM
I must be sober I made it past 10

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 09:50 PM
I must be sober I made it past 10
Baby steps. :D

Havasu1986
06-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Matt
I'm still up trying to practice late nite drinking so i maybe can hang with you. I have 4 hours to go.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey Money, what did you do after Topok breakfast? And never buy into someone knowing someone to get you off, I had a friend with Federaly's and Fireman on his boat and still got hooked. Glad you made it up and back OK.
Hmm let me see, after topock, i pulled my boat off the lake and went back to the house and slept. I felt like shit! But i was back on the water by 4p. Guess im getting old!!

ROZ
06-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Elvis on ***boat... Know I've seen everything...

Todd969
06-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I should have. I think my friend Russ might still be there. lol. :)
Nope, we saw him rolling out about 9ish on Sunday. Blasting Fleetwood Mac.

Havasu47
06-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Baby steps. :D
I think I made it 12:00 :boxed: