PDA

View Full Version : Gen. Exhaust Problem

CRACKWHORE
06-19-2006, 11:43 PM
I need ideas. I want to run my Honda 2000 watt gen in the motor compartment of my Conquest Boat. How do I run the exhaust? I would like to water jacket the exhaust to keep it cool but have run out of ideas.

ROZ
06-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I need ideas. I want to run my Honda 2000 watt gen in the motor compartment of my Conquest Boat. How do I run the exhaust? I would like to water jacket the exhaust but have run out of ideas.
Because of heat, you need to run it for several inches using a metal tube. From there you can use an an fitting and braided line to a fitting that goes through the hull.. Water dump fitting works fine :)

1manshow
06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I need ideas. I want to run my Honda 2000 watt gen in the motor compartment of my Conquest Boat. How do I run the exhaust? I would like to water jacket the exhaust to keep it cool but have run out of ideas.
Here is a picture of mine in my conquest. Welded stainless nipple on generator then used heater hose covered in stainless and out the bilge. It works great.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3170havasu_pics_and_radoms_of_our_little_girls_044-med.jpg

BADASS38CHEVY
06-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I had mine ran out the left rear side of the boat above the rear pop up cleat with a bilge nipple on the end.The reason for that is that I hang out at the back of my boat in the water when partying ,so less fumes than running it out the transom. Also when genny is running it powers up one of the bilges and sucks water from the river with a pick up and brass tubing wraps around the exhaust several times to cool the exhaust from the genny and spits it back out the transom. Lavey did all of the work when rigging,came out nice,no heat problems. :)

CRACKWHORE
06-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanx for the good ideas it really helps :rollside: