PDA

View Full Version : Internet Carrier

beach gomer
06-20-2006, 06:07 AM
I will be up in Havasu for 9 days.I would like to know how you guys get hooked up to the Internet for only a short period of time.Can I do it wireless with an airport or can you give me any other ideas?

lalhc
06-20-2006, 06:12 AM
Where are you staying at in Havasu? I would assume that some of the nicer hotels offer internet services to their guests. I believe Starbucks has hot spots you can use. I have DSL service at my house in Havasu.

beach gomer
06-20-2006, 06:35 AM
I have a mobile home at the Beach Comber.

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 07:18 AM
I use a Sprint Merlin S620, not that fast in Havasu, but I can't complain when it is free.

lalhc
06-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Too bad you're not at the Islander RV Resort. They have high speed internet in the office. Your only options would be a wireless card or go to a local java place to tap in to their hot spots.

THATJEFFGUY
06-20-2006, 07:47 AM
I will be up in Havasu for 9 days.I would like to know how you guys get hooked up to the Internet for only a short period of time.Can I do it wireless with an airport or can you give me any other ideas?
PM Nextel4U. John will set you up with a Sprint aircard...$60/month for unlimited use. I called him and he had me set up with a card in less than 24 hours, excellent service !

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Or you can drive around till you find an unsecure wireless signal out there. When I first purchased my house in Havi, I had a neighbor who had his wireless unsecured and I could get on it, I broke down and told him, it is not unsecured any more.

HavasuHome
06-20-2006, 09:12 AM
You can either go to the Internet Cafe in the strip mall at McCulluch and Lake Havasu Blvd. Or you can go the the Library and use the system there. The Library is even wireless if you have a laptop.

Caribbean Jet
06-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Most starbuck have hot spots and if not try this web link.
http://www.wififreespot.com/index.html