PDA

View Full Version : Lifted Radio Flyers

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:05 AM
who has some custom wagons? bimini tops, chrome wheels, etc. where can i get one?
Ryan

Cole Trickle
06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
who has some custom wagons? bimini tops, chrome wheels, etc. where can i get one?
Ryan
Making a custom stroller? :p

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
I saw a guy at the Run 2 the River hot rod show that was making Roadster Wagons.. I lost his card a few years ago, but I'd love to have one of those things. Leaf Spring front ends on them and everything, they were bad ass to say the least!
RD

Todd969
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Wagon world in LA has really nice ones. You can create your own.

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Making a custom stroller? :p
I have to start thinking about that kind of stuff now that there is going to be 3 of us.
a typical stroller will not fare too well at havasu palms in the dirt; or glamis for that matter. :boxed:

gmejia
06-20-2006, 09:15 AM
i bought mine at the l.a. fair last year they would be much cheaper to make i paid close to 5 bills

OutCole'd
06-20-2006, 09:15 AM
I got mine at Saugus Swapmeet. How about Pomona swapmeet or something like that.

socalmofo
06-20-2006, 09:19 AM
I build them. $500 for most tricked out ones.
I have a Cany Blue powdercoated radio flyer tub ready to be built.
Prices vary wheter you want Go-Kart slicks or just some meaty wheels.
You can have swingarms - shocks - etc.

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:21 AM
how about some pics of these things?

NautiTwins
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
This sounds like a great deal. Do you have a website? I would also need the wood gates, as my kids love to stand when things are moving. Where are you located? I'm in AZ
Thanks

Cole Trickle
06-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I have to start thinking about that kind of stuff now that there is going to be 3 of us.
a typical stroller will not fare too well at havasu palms in the dirt; or glamis for that matter. :boxed:
Make sure you put a cage and 5 points in it.
I want the new kiddie to be safe when the lab pulls that wagon around out at the dunes!! :rollside:
Rich could probably build you one for $32.00 dollars;)

Waldo
06-20-2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.desertwagons.com/

NautiTwins
06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
http://www.desertwagons.com/
That blue custom one, that holds the ice chest is very cool.

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Make sure you put a cage and 5 points in it.
I want the new kiddie to be safe when the lab pulls that wagon around out at the dunes!! :rollside:
Rich could probably build you one for $32.00 dollars;)
Rich is so busy that the kid would be able to pull it by themselves before he would have it done.
something tells me that the Lab (Madison) will want to ride in it more than pull it.

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Do you have any pics of a completed one? all the others are nice but still kind of "run of the mill" for me. shocks and sitting pretty high is more of what i was thinking.

Cole Trickle
06-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Rich is so busy that the kid would be able to pull it by themselves before he would have it done.
something tells me that the Lab (Madison) will want to ride in it more than pull it.
I hear ya;) :crossx:
Those damm GTO guys taking up all of his time :cry: :p
On a side note are you guys staying in town this weekend?
Thinking of having a little bbq saturday

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
we were talking about heading out to havasu since nikki's last day of school is friday but i really think that we will be here this weekend and out there the next 2 weekends. send me the details. free beer and food...count me in.

socalmofo
06-20-2006, 09:45 AM
I usually do one off customs. I can do a run of the mill 6" lift with off road tires.
Options are endless.
I can do 6 pack racks, swingarms, shocks.
I do not currently have any individual pictures. I am having this blue one built on thursday and can snap some pics then.
Whatever you guys want let me know. I usually powdercoat the tub one color and the lift another color. I like matching them to boats the best.
If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail @ customwagons@aol.com
Let me know what you are looking for and I can see what I can do.
Thanks,
Scott

socalmofo
06-20-2006, 09:50 AM
pics of wagons

redi4fun
06-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Look here http://www.wagondepot.com/Cartwheels_USA_Wagons_s/80.htm
Some acehardware stores carry them in stock. There are also a couple of venders at the orange county swap meet that carry them.

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Oh really?
I got the Nordic n town.. You n Jen want to hit up a local lake?
RD

redi4fun
06-20-2006, 09:57 AM
http://www.wagonworld.com/search-results.CFM?storeid=1&field=category&start=1&string=BB
This is the guy that is at the oc swap meet every weekend.

NautiTwins
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
I usually do one off customs. I can do a run of the mill 6" lift with off road tires.
Options are endless.
I can do 6 pack racks, swingarms, shocks.
I do not currently have any individual pictures. I am having this blue one built on thursday and can snap some pics then.
Whatever you guys want let me know. I usually powdercoat the tub one color and the lift another color. I like matching them to boats the best.
If anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail @ customwagons@aol.com
Let me know what you are looking for and I can see what I can do.
Thanks,
Scott
WOuld you be willing to match the boat colors? White flyer, with Black and blue strips, with a teak swim step to hold the cooler?? Something like this
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/3486resized1.jpg

caroftheweek
06-20-2006, 10:07 AM
pics of wagons
something like that one in the back is kind of what i was looking for. the tall one in the pic.

Cole Trickle
06-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh really?
I got the Nordic n town.. You n Jen want to hit up a local lake?
RD
Why don't we hit up my local backyard and keep the Nordic clean;)
I might try and get some surround stuff installed early in the day.....Damm plasma hasn't been delivered yet :cry:
You and Stacy can show me how to shoot pool on my new table......beer would be on me.....*
*I can only afford to supply you with beer for the first 30 minutes that you arrive;)

THOR
06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Here is mine. Has a bimini, big wheels and the best: a cooler rack for the back
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6705wagon_002-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6705wagon_001-med.jpg

Magic34
06-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Here is the one I did for my daughter. I took it all apart and rebuilt it and had it re-powdercoated. Only problem is that it is a little heavy.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4368IMG_1975-med.JPG

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Why don't we hit up my local backyard and keep the Nordic clean;)
I might try and get some surround stuff installed early in the day.....Damm plasma hasn't been delivered yet :cry:
You and Stacy can show me how to shoot pool on my new table......beer would be on me.....*
*I can only afford to supply you with beer for the first 30 minutes that you arrive;)
Actually.. I haven't had a Beer <GASP!!> since memorial Day!! Well I take that back, I did have one beer last saturday night. Stacy was out of town so I decided to really live it up.. LOL I'm not drinking until I quit smoking. I'm not stopping taking these stupid pills until I quit smoking, and I can't drink while I'm on the stupid pills.. So therefore I've become a smoking stupid pill taking person, instead of an alcoholic smoker.. I'm not sure which is worse. LOL
Where's the pics? and before You ask you know what pics..
RD

GETSOME
06-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Or maybe a little pool party at my house and get the girls in the bathing suits :crossx: :crossx:

anchorman
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
beer would be on me.....*
Thats signature material right there :)

caroftheweek
06-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Or maybe a little pool party at my house and get the girls in the bathing suits :crossx: :crossx:
i don't think Jen is quite ready for the bathing suit yet.

Longtime Lurker
06-21-2006, 06:32 AM
http://www.wagonworld.com/search-results.CFM?storeid=1&field=category&start=1&string=BB
This is the guy that is at the oc swap meet every weekend.
I got one of these bobby built numbers. It's real solid. My father in law picked it up at a yard sale. It was originally bought at the OC swap meet.
what's up mike?

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Art Uchimura Custom Wagons www.uchimurawagons.com
He buys his tires from me, and does some really nice work.