PDA

View Full Version : Tower speakers

Speedin' Ian
06-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Where can I get some good speakers for the tower of my wakeboard boat? Right know I have one pair of componets facing towards the back of the boat, but I would like at least four speakers facing towards the back and maybe two facing the open bow. Also I am worried about the Battery, right now I have only one battery and I am running three amps, so far it hasn't been a problem, but I haven't ran it for a long time with the engine off. Do you think I could get away with one four channel amp, running at 2 ohms?

phebus
06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Check with Shadow. He got some from Frank at Car Toys that look and sound great.

mbrown2
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Good? or the best? used to be a company called tytebox that made nice enclosures with back and forward facing speakers...not sure if they are still in biz.....
The best tower speakers are still NVS....www.nvs1.net nobody else comes close.
Remember with Forward Facing speakers you might hear distortion while driving as you have wind directly on the cones that are trying to produce sound....with NVS, they are so loud, you don't need forward facing speakers.
Try www.wakeside.com

Speedin' Ian
06-20-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks mbrown2,I'll check out those sites... I'm looking for affordable ;)

mbrown2
06-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks mbrown2,I'll check out those sites... I'm looking for affordable ;)
Affordable....then check wakesiderides.com buy/sell section in the forums or ebay....these are your best shot at deals...used or newer...