PDA

View Full Version : Lake Elsinore Bacterial Infection death ?

Parker Dreamin
06-20-2006, 03:41 PM
A 25-year-old former Redondo Beach woman lying in a coma with a baffling illness died Monday after she was removed from life-support systems.
Family members stood at Nicole Hedberg's side as she was pronounced dead about 11:30 a.m. in her room at Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley, said her sister, Dawn Loew.
"We were all there," Loew said.
Tests an hour earlier revealed Hedberg had no brain activity.
Doctors continued to have no answers for Hedberg's family about why the seemingly healthy Mira Costa High School graduate suddenly became ill and fell into a coma June 10.
The illness came a few days after Hedberg rode a personal watercraft on Lake Elsinore, where she moved with her boyfriend a few months ago.
Doctors told Loew they do not know if her sister contracted a bacterial infection from the lake or if she had another problem. Hedberg had lost 30 pounds, meaning she may have already had an illness inside her body that had developed on its own or perhaps had made her susceptible to whatever she encountered in the lake.
The Riverside County Coroner's Office will conduct an autopsy.
"The big question is what caused this," Loew said.
Riverside County health department officials said last week they were not aware of any public health concerns regarding Lake Elsinore and no tests of the water were planned.
Hedberg will be cremated. A memorial service will be held in the South Bay.
Loew said her family was not doing well but had been prepared for such an outcome. They previously had been told Hedberg would not survive.
Loew called her sister "the best person anybody could possibly meet."
"My shining glory," she said. "The best person anybody could have as

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Damn media, it has not been proven yet but they are making it seem like it was the lake. Even if the question mark is there, people are going to take it as it is the lake that caused it. There goes that cities camp grounds and economy, property value will probably drop some too.

Kilrtoy
06-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Very sad news news on such a young life

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 03:51 PM
never mind that the sewage plant pumps "treated water" into the lake at alarming rates....Think you can get a virus from a body of water????Talk to my cardiologist about the virus that attacked my heart 10 years ago from a well know body of water,MISSION BAY.That family needs a good attorney,everyones body chemistry is different,Just because one person wont get sick,doesnt mean another one wont.

Ziggy
06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Anything is possible I guess......Sad to hear of such a young life lost, whatever the cause may have been. :(
personally, I'm so grossed out by Elsinores water appearance :yuk: ...I know its supposed to be clean and all but it just is not inviting to jump into...gives me the heebie jeebies :boxed:

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Anything is possible I guess......Sad to hear of such a young life lost, whatever the cause may have been. :(
personally, I'm so grossed out by Elsinores water appearance :yuk: ...I know its supposed to be clean and all but it just is not inviting to jump into...gives me the heebie jeebies :boxed:
you vocabulary is stunning,,by the way got any M5s??Neighbor of mine is shoppin

Caribbean Jet
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
First I would like to say that I'm very sorry for the loss of such a young life.
Second, Why make an issue out of something that has not been proven and is just speculation. Its like saying someone went to a theme park and had a heart attack later that night, could that be the cause? There are people at that lake daily. Why doesn't the media wait until all of the facts are in before saying stupid things.

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 03:58 PM
First I would like to say that I'm very sorry for the loss of such a young life.
Second, Why make an issue out of something that has not been proven and is just speculation. Its like saying someone went to a theme park and had a heart attack later that night, could that be the cause? There are people at that lake daily. Why doesn't the media wait until all of the facts are in before saying stupid things.
they will never be able to prove anything,the media sometimes pumps things up,,remember when Geraldo went into Al Capones vault :rollside:

Nord
06-20-2006, 04:01 PM
never mind that the sewage plant pumps "treated water" into the lake at alarming rates....Think you can get a virus from a body of water????Talk to my cardiologist about the virus that attacked my heart 10 years ago from a well know body of water,MISSION BAY.That family needs a good attorney,everyones body chemistry is different,Just because one person wont get sick,doesnt mean another one wont.
I had something similar..........Paricardidous????
I felt like I had a heart attack..........then...........off to the hospital.......
They say I could have died!!! Changed my life for about a month!

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
I felt like I had a heart attack..........then...........off to the hospital.......
I have recurrent paracarditis,,,I was home on my ass for 10 months last year.In cardiac ICU for about 10 days total.Its been a complete pain in the ass.Still dealing with it right this second.Life can kick ya in the balls

Caribbean Jet
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
I was there on Sunday and it was nice, granted not blue but not the glowing green like at the end of summer. Shallow lakes like Lake Elsinore and Clear Lake get hot and when the lake gets hot the algae blooms. They clear as much as the carp out every year to try and make this as clean as possible. There was talk for a while about adding chemicals but people didn't want that.

h2oski2fast
06-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Move to Elsinore, lose 30 lbs, meth labs all over the place.......... just a coincidense? Maybe.

Nord
06-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I have recurrent paracarditis,,,I was home on my ass for 10 months last year.In cardiac ICU for about 10 days total.Its been a complete pain in the ass.Still dealing with it right this second.Life can kick ya in the balls
Mine went away, took about 3 weeks

core attitude
06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
they will never be able to prove anything,the media sometimes pumps things up,,remember when Geraldo went into Al Capones vault :rollside:
At least that was legit. :D

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Mine went away, took about 3 weeks
when I do stuff,,,your lucky

Ziggy
06-20-2006, 04:33 PM
you vocabulary is stunning,,by the way got any M5s??Neighbor of mine is shoppinOne unspoken for M5 on the way over from Das Vaterland.....and even that is in jeopardy of being sold today. :)
Heebie Jeebies......You like that one eh? :p I even shuddered when I wrote it :D
Its all good Carribean, I'm aware of the lakes condition and normal cycle.....its just not real inviting looking is all.....later in the season your wake even turns a true Seafoam green color :yuk:

06-20-2006, 04:48 PM
The "science geek" in me knows that the algae content outcompetes any bacteria; and that alage won't cause any serious problems. I also agree that the lake looks much better this season. I still won't touch it! :skull:
Sad to end a life so young, for any reason.

MagicMtnDan
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
RIP young lady. I do hope they can figure out what caused her death.
How anyone can go into that "water" is beyond me. Ohio had a lake that once caught on fire. Smellsomemore is just plain awful.

HM
06-20-2006, 06:03 PM
It is true, Lake Elsinore is a sess pool of bacteria, and hundreds of people die every year from it, but it is a big cover up!!! No body should ever ever ever ever never ever come to Lake Elsinore again! You will die a horrible death, then maggots will eat your body. Its bad. Very bad. Do not beleive the official tests that show Lake Elsinore is actually one of the cleanest lakes in CA as they are all LIES! LIES I tell you!!!! Stay away!!!
DO you need any more proof than the smell and the dead fish? The dead fish are being killed by bacteria!!!!! Run for your lives and never come back to Elsinore!!!!
Did I make myself clear? NEVER GO TO LAKE ELSINORE!!! NEVER!!!!! YOU WILL DIE!!!
BTW - if you try to call me in the AM, I will be wake boarding on Elsinore...I mean dredging for dead bodies. stay away.

HM
06-20-2006, 06:05 PM
RIP young lady. I do hope they can figure out what caused her death.
How anyone can go into that "water" is beyond me. Ohio had a lake that once caught on fire. Smellsomemore is just plain awful.
Well, it usually helps if you have a boat, but you can hang out on the shore with the brothas fishin for cat fish. Yes, it is so nasty. Stay away and tell all your friends, and they can tell their friends, and so on.

Seadog
06-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Actually, certain algae are very toxic. There are also concerns that are hitting waste water treatment about contamination from drugs. Everyone flushes their old drugs, antibiotics, birth control pills, pain killers down the toilet. Not to mention the illegal drugs and meth supplies. These are in small amounts that can be hard to detect. Also each compound must be targeted specifically. Imagine looking for a beige sand particle in a beach of tan sand.
If there are a lot of algae blooms, then the posibility are that some of them may have released natural toxins. Of course, there is a possiblity of an infection that went amoke, or green men using a ray gun.

dmontzsta
06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
I have been going to Elsinore for years, I HIGHLY doubt the lake had anything to do with it. I was just there Sunday with about 10 people and we hung out in the water all day, swimming around the cove. There was something else wrong with this girl, cause we are all still alive. :D
On another note, the lake did not look too green, especially for how hot it has been. It was...dare I say "BLUE" in some areas. :)

Parker Dreamin
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
It is true, Lake Elsinore is a sess pool of bacteria, and hundreds of people die every year from it, but it is a big cover up!!! No body should ever ever ever ever never ever come to Lake Elsinore again! You will die a horrible death, then maggots will eat your body. Its bad. Very bad. Do not beleive the official tests that show Lake Elsinore is actually one of the cleanest lakes in CA as they are all LIES! LIES I tell you!!!! Stay away!!!
DO you need any more proof than the smell and the dead fish? The dead fish are being killed by bacteria!!!!! Run for your lives and never come back to Elsinore!!!!
Did I make myself clear? NEVER GO TO LAKE ELSINORE!!! NEVER!!!!! YOU WILL DIE!!!
BTW - if you try to call me in the AM, I will be wake boarding on Elsinore...I mean dredging for dead bodies. stay away.
WOW.... to think that somebody died and this is what you have to say. Pretty amazing.

HM
06-20-2006, 09:59 PM
WOW.... to think that somebody died and this is what you have to say. Pretty amazing.
Yep, I am an insensitive prick!!! Hey ParkerDreamin...if you beleive that story, I got some swampland to sell you.
Are you really that phucking gullable or are you just stupid? Reminds me of one of my english professors who had a bumper sticker on his podium that said "Are you stoned, or just stupid?"
And the point of your post was to grieve for the dead woman? right.

Parker Dreamin
06-21-2006, 05:19 AM
Yep, I am an insensitive prick!!! Hey ParkerDreamin...if you beleive that story, I got some swampland to sell you.
Are you really that phucking gullable or are you just stupid? Reminds me of one of my english professors who had a bumper sticker on his podium that said "Are you stoned, or just stupid?"
And the point of your post was to grieve for the dead woman? right.
More power to you, I guess your name says it all.
I am not gullable, stupid or stoned. You do not have to believe that anybody died from bacteria on LE or not, but just remember that somebodys daughter and/or mother did die, that is the bottom line.
I am not grieving, but I sure am not making a joke about it, that is the difference between my post and yours.
Have a great day and happy boating to you. Be safe.

gqchris
06-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Hey NOrd and Riverroyal, I had the EXACT same thing you guys had two years ago after a weekend in Havasu. It put me in the CCU for 5 days, and stumped the doctors. I was 29 at time, so this was a scary ride. I have a top cardiologist who admits he is still stumped why I got this. I have taken EVERY test in the book now and my heart is fine. The doctors thought I may have been sensitive to something in the water in the Channel. Its where we sat all weekend and it was my first time there. They called mine MYOCarditis (SP). Never has come back after that time. But I get scared sh^ttless every time I get a little chest pain now.

HM
06-21-2006, 07:25 AM
I am not gullable, stupid or stoned. You do not have to believe that anybody died from bacteria on LE or not, but just remember that somebodys daughter and/or mother did die, that is the bottom line.
I am not grieving, but I sure am not making a joke about it, that is the difference between my post and yours.
No, you did not joke about her death, nor did I joke specifically about her death. You used her death to promote a stupid relation to lake Elsinore. You didn't give a crap about her death....you simply used her death to bash lake Elsinore(not like it needs help). If you had the deductive reasoning skills of a 5 year old, you would have easily seen that the relation to lake Elsinore was ridiculous at best.
I did not joke about her death. I just said lake Elsinore is killing people. My joking was to make a point of how gullable people are. Not to mock her death...you chose to see it that way. More specifically, I was mocking you not her. Lets be very clear...I was making fun of ParkerDreamin for his moronic post. I am taking Rio's angle and calling people out when they are morons. If you post like a moron, you will be called a moron. Capice?
Now, if you had posted that article to point out what a moron the journalist was, then you would be redeemed. It was a lame ass article and a lame ass move to post it and think it had some sort of credibility. Perhaps you are not stupid or not stoned, but you did have some kind of I.Q. lowering episode when you started this thread.
OH yah, RD SUX!

HM
06-21-2006, 07:39 AM
Oh, and I don't dispute that she died from a bacterial infection. Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion?
And, if you knew the true meaning behind my name, you will probably wish you had died from a bacterial infection.

topless
06-21-2006, 07:40 AM
No, you did not joke about her death, nor did I joke specifically about her death. You used her death to promote a stupid relation to lake Elsinore. You didn't give a crap about her death....you simply used her death to bash lake Elsinore(not like it needs help). If you had the deductive reasoning skills of a 5 year old, you would have easily seen that the relation to lake Elsinore was ridiculous at best.
I did not joke about her death. I just said lake Elsinore is killing people. My joking was to make a point of how gullable people are. Not to mock her death...you chose to see it that way. More specifically, I was mocking you not her. Lets be very clear...I was making fun of ParkerDreamin for his moronic post. I am taking Rio's angle and calling people out when they are morons. If you post like a moron, you will be called a moron. Capice?
Now, if you had posted that article to point out what a moron the journalist was, then you would be redeemed. It was a lame ass article and a lame ass move to post it and think it had some sort of credibility. Perhaps you are not stupid or not stoned, but you did have some kind of I.Q. lowering episode when you started this thread.
OH yah, RD SUX!My hero........... :crossx:

Parker Dreamin
06-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh, and I don't dispute that she died from a bacterial infection. Not sure how you jumped to that conclusion?
And, if you knew the true meaning behind my name, you will probably wish you had died from a bacterial infection.
You know what they say about opinions...........

Parker Dreamin
06-21-2006, 08:29 AM
My hero........... :crossx:
Ya, mine too.......

HM
06-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Ya, mine too.......
You know you love me most the time.

Kachina26
06-21-2006, 09:47 AM
The dead fish are being killed by bacteria!!!!! How do you kill a dead fish?

Jyruiz
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I am surprised people on here are not comparing it like this, LE is a Kachina and Lake Havasu is a Lavey. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Biglue
06-21-2006, 10:36 AM
How do you kill a dead fish?
Holyyyyyyy molyyyyyy.................that's a good question. :D

Kachina26
06-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I am surprised people on here are not comparing it like this, LE is a Kachina and Lake Havasu is a Lavey. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
Hey look, I found a lake comparable to Commander (http://www.microbe.org/news/polluted_lake.asp) :D:D:D

Jyruiz
06-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Hey look, I found a lake comparable to Commander (http://www.microbe.org/news/polluted_lake.asp) :D:D:D
I wasn't making fun of Kachina, just some of the members here with noses in the air who have never owned one and talk bad about them. I have heard all the stuff about Commanders as well, don't faze me at all, I got a great deal and it gets me on the water.

Biglue
06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
It would take a Commander to survive some boating there.........a Kachina is clearly not up par. :crossx:

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2006, 12:14 PM
OH yah, RD SUX!
No wonder you get slapped by old women.... :D :D

riverroyal
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey NOrd and Riverroyal, I had the EXACT same thing you guys had two years ago after a weekend in Havasu. It put me in the CCU for 5 days, and stumped the doctors. I was 29 at time, so this was a scary ride. I have a top cardiologist who admits he is still stumped why I got this. I have taken EVERY test in the book now and my heart is fine. The doctors thought I may have been sensitive to something in the water in the Channel. Its where we sat all weekend and it was my first time there. They called mine MYOCarditis (SP). Never has come back after that time. But I get scared sh^ttless every time I get a little chest pain now.
to the same thing,the paracaridium is the liner around the heart like a bag,if it gets inflamed are damaged it feel exactly like a heart attack,same feeling.Stumps Drs and ER people.

HM
06-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Holyyyyyyy molyyyyyy.................that's a good question. :D
No comments from the peanut gallery. :D

HM
06-21-2006, 05:54 PM
No wonder you get slapped by old women.... :D :D
You think? :D

3 daytona`s
06-21-2006, 07:52 PM
jyruiz I`m a newebie,and learned along time ago if you step on toes here,you`re getting spanked--- be humble or be tough :)

Kachina26
06-22-2006, 07:22 AM
I wasn't making fun of Kachina, just some of the members here with noses in the air who have never owned one and talk bad about them. I have heard all the stuff about Commanders as well, don't faze me at all, I got a great deal and it gets me on the water.
Common now, I even put 3 smilies in there.

Jyruiz
06-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Common now, I even put 3 smilies in there.
I know you did, but I forgot to put mine. :)