PDA

View Full Version : This Sucks: I Need Advice...

455Rocket
06-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I think I have to sell my boat... After spending 2 years going through EVERYTHING! I mean, nothing has been left untouched. Just this year I installed $3500 in upgrades.
My father is selling the boat I grew up in... It has a lot of sentimental value, and still looks and runs great. But if I don't buy it I'll never see it again, and im sure he'll sell for a good price.
The boat in question is a Carrera 20.5 Elite Open Bow, which I need and want anyway, but I spent so much time and effort on my Nordic.
Should I sell it and cut my losses?

MBlaster
06-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I think I have to sell my boat... After spending 2 years going through EVERYTHING! I mean, nothing has been left untouched. Just this year I installed $3500 in upgrades.
My father is selling the boat I grew up in... It has a lot of sentimental value, and still looks and runs great. But if I don't buy it I'll never see it again, and im sure he'll sell for a good price.
The boat in question is a Carrera 20.5 Elite Open Bow, which I need and want anyway, but I spent so much time and effort on my Nordic.
Yea I would. Your Nordic is bitchen and very old school cool, but you will probably want something a bit more roomy sooner or later. Why let a nice boat that would fill your needs go to someone else.
I say sell the Nordic and get the family deal on the Carrera. Hell maybe buy a half interest in the Carrera, it would be as good as yours and the old man could use it as well.
Good luck what ever you decide.
PS heading to Havi for a week on sat... :rollside:
Lets do a river trip this summer.

castone001
06-21-2006, 06:44 AM
SELL IT and get the Carrerra!!

robk
06-21-2006, 06:58 AM
No way you can keep the Nordic *and* get the Carrerra?
That's a tough call; your Nordic is sweet and we all know how much the investments you made (not just money but *time*) are worth to you.
Rob

Cas
06-21-2006, 07:04 AM
I'd try to take the emotional stuff out of the decision by writing down the pros and cons for each boat. Once that's done, add in the emotional stuff and see what you get :)

IMPATIENT 1
06-21-2006, 07:04 AM
do you have kids that were around during the nordic build-up? if they were and watched it happen, i'd keep the nordic and keep track of the other one.i would love to have my dad's jet back, but my kids help me build mine(get'n beer for daddy is help'n,lol) and they love it so that boat means more to me than my dads.

Lightning
06-21-2006, 07:28 AM
do you have kids that were around during the nordic build-up? if they were and watched it happen, i'd keep the nordic and keep track of the other one.i would love to have my dad's jet back, but my kids help me build mine(get'n beer for daddy is help'n,lol) and they love it so that boat means more to me than my dads.
That's something to consider....good points.

455Rocket
06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks for all the advice ya'll... but I think I made my decision. She's up for sale :cry:
Check it out:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119110
I have some time to sell, the Carrera's in storage in Ft. Mojave.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5398101_0514-med.JPG

455Rocket
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
PS heading to Havi for a week on sat... :rollside:
Lets do a river trip this summer.
Have fun...
We'll be rolling in matching boats...

SmokinLowriderSS
06-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I got lucky. I kept borrowing dad's boat and doing upkeep on my own untill he finally GAVE HER to me in 2002 (age 24). I grew up in her and I know exactly what you mean. I wanted Lowrider to be mine ever since I first rode in her (age 11). Good luck on the sale and aquisition. What you might do is keep track of the Nordic and maybe one day get IT back, for the kids (or yourself, to heck with the kids :crossx: )

MBlaster
06-21-2006, 08:38 PM
We'll be rolling in matching boats...
How cool is that...
Good luck with the Nordic sale Bro, I'm sure all your hard work on that boat will make someone real happy.

james
06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
You gotta think 10 or 15 years from now what stories you want to tell. It all depends on what kind of relationship you have with your dad. Me I would keep the Memories. The boat will mean more when its yours.

shootingstar72683
06-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Take the bigger boat, that's a bad-ass bow rider there.Better boat, better ride, more room and probably a great price. Forget the memories, there'll be many more