PDA

View Full Version : weep hole !!!!!!!!!!!

1975sleekcraft
06-20-2006, 07:42 PM
i am wondering what will happen if i plug my weep hole??????
i never see water come out of the weep hole.
my jacuzzi squirts all the grease out every time i go out!!!
i'm getting sick of cleaning it up every time i go out!!!!!!
once again never have i ever seen water come out the hole or water inside when i take the four bolts out and inspect the inside!!
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM????????
will it explode if i plug that f*ckin hole!!!!
any help would be greatly apreciated THANX

malcolm
06-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Is this a WJ? The weep hole is down on the lower side of the bearing housing. Are you talking about the 1/8" pipe hole that's in the front with the grease fitting. Yeah that should have a plug in it.

Pops@Aggressor
06-21-2006, 10:46 AM
i am wondering what will happen if i plug my weep hole??????
i never see water come out of the weep hole.
my jacuzzi squirts all the grease out every time i go out!!!
i'm getting sick of cleaning it up every time i go out!!!!!!
once again never have i ever seen water come out the hole or water inside when i take the four bolts out and inspect the inside!!
HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM????????
will it explode if i plug that f*ckin hole!!!!
any help would be greatly apreciated THANX
If you are talking the weep hole in the pump- Don't- That keep any seepage away from the Thrust Bearing on the Grease Pack unit. NO NO- No NO!!!! Keep it open

moparjet
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
If you are talking the weep hole in the pump- Don't- That keep any seepage away from the Thrust Bearing on the Grease Pack unit. NO NO- No NO!!!! Keep it open
WHAT WEEP HOLE IN THE PUMP...THE ONLY ONE I KNOW OF IS IN THE FRONT BEARING HOUSING

1975sleekcraft
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
what is causing my grease to be pumped out the weep hole???
it's a yj (i know pile-o-shtt) but why the grease and no water-ever????
it acually has a loader, a shoe, a ride plate, and a spotless " b " impeller.
hooks rides and shoots killer-- but what up with this grease???

1975sleekcraft
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
why would my pump keep doing this????
what can i do??????????????
what will hapen if i plug my weep hole??????????????
anyone????????????

rerfert
06-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Here is a picture of my WJ coupler and bearing housing
http://www.yumaduners.com/albums/album41/MVC_004F_001.sized.jpg
Is this what yours looks like and are you referring to the red plug?

1975sleekcraft
06-22-2006, 06:41 PM
where your front plate is-mine has a housing that continues all the way over the end of the splicer 1310. there is a pin hole in (weep hole) in the housing.i have been told to fill it with grease till i see it coming out of the weep. its all good till i pull out and all my grease is outside the weep hole. since i went out last i pulled the housing to inspect inside. not much grease at all in there but also not even a drip of water came out. i'm baffled as to why my grease comes out in the first place. what could it be and how can i fix it?????????/
can anyone steer me in the right direction?????????

rerfert
06-22-2006, 07:26 PM
1975sleekcraft
Here is the book that I have
http://www.yumaduners.com/albums/album41/MVC_006F_003.sized.jpg
here is part of the yj page
http://www.yumaduners.com/albums/album41/MVC_007F_001.sized.jpg
Looks like there is a lubrication fitting on the intake housing and a lubrication fitting for the bowl bushings for the impeller.
I am still very new to the jets (this is my second and both wj's)
might just be a worn bearing cap oil seal?

1975sleekcraft
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
if you look at the picture of the bearing cap-on the inside of the thing-on the other side-in the midle-you can see the back side of the weep hole in question. sounds complicated but if the picture was reversed you could see i easy.
anybody?? any thoughts on why this is happening?? how to fix it?? or if it is a good or bad idea to plug the thing?? anybody??

rerfert
06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
if you look at the picture of the bearing cap-on the inside of the thing-on the other side-in the midle-you can see the back side of the weep hole in question. sounds complicated but if the picture was reversed you could see i easy.
anybody?? any thoughts on why this is happening?? how to fix it?? or if it is a good or bad idea to plug the thing?? anybody??
I got the description.
You have a mechanical seal and seal housing in your YJ where the WJ's are all oil seals.(The pressure relief hole in the seal housing gets assembled on the starboard side opposite the lubrication fitting in the intake housing)
There is no mention of a hole in the bearing cap??
How about wrapping electrical tape or duct tape around the bearing cap? wouldn't make the mess and if you build too much pressure it would give.
If it is actually a weep hole then I would think it should be left open....someone knows the answer they just haven't chimed in yet.

james
06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I got the description.
You have a mechanical seal and seal housing in your YJ where the WJ's are all oil seals.(The pressure relief hole in the seal housing gets assembled on the starboard side opposite the lubrication fitting in the intake housing)
There is no mention of a hole in the bearing cap??
How about wrapping electrical tape or duct tape around the bearing cap? wouldn't make the mess and if you build too much pressure it would give.
If it is actually a weep hole then I would think it should be left open....someone knows the answer they just haven't chimed in yet.
arent weep holes on the headers.

1975sleekcraft
06-23-2006, 05:29 PM
why is my grease squirting ot my weep hole.
has anyone had this or a similare problem--anyone--

1975sleekcraft
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
went to sammamish turnin 5K tore up the lake!!
no grease at all squirted out anywhere!!
pulled my weep hole plug--hooked up my grease gun to the zerk--5 pumps later grease out the weep--no water!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm stoked!!!!!!!!!