PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a Nordic ????

sleekcraft78
06-21-2006, 08:49 AM
It's in the price range I want But I'm worried about the hours on the motor. It's a 1998 22.6' sprint with a 454. Yes it's riverdaves. What is everyones prespective on this boat? Looks very clean and I heard well taken care of. But Why is'nt it sellin? What am I looking at spending to go through the motor? I can do the work myself, just want some advice.
Thanks

Todd969
06-21-2006, 08:52 AM
It's in the price range I want But I'm worried about the hours on the motor. It's a 1998 22.6' sprint with a 454. Yes it's riverdaves. What is everyones prespective on this boat? Looks very clean and I heard well taken care of. But Why is'nt it sellin? What am I looking at spending to go through the motor? I can do the work myself, just want some advice.
Thanks
Very clean and loaded 22'. Someone will get alot for the money.

mbrown2
06-21-2006, 08:53 AM
I would not fret on the amount of hours as they were mainly done idling around the river...it would interesting if put on the computer so you could see how many hours were done at what RPM....I would think the majority are at lower RPM's....The boat was routinely serviced and it is a basic motor with basic drive so I can't see the motor or drive grenading any time soon...
The other parts of the boat have always appeared in immaculate shape in the time I have spent around the boat...and the system don't suk.
Pretty good deal for a good river boat....my .02

rivercrazy
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
I've been in this boat a few times. Its CLEAN. I know RD really takes great care of his stuff. From my understanding it was serviced regularly by ALCO Marine in Havasu (very professional shop that does great work). This boat rides great. The owner has also put a lot of time and effort into upgrades. I know the stereo kills fish.
Personally I don't think you can go wrong with this boat

sleekcraft78
06-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the info, I really like I'm just waiting for a few pics from him. I'd like to get it this weekend if possible

Todd969
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the info, I really like I'm just waiting for a few pics from him. I'd like to get it this weekend if possible
Pics? there's a ton of them in the spam thread.

H20 Party Starter
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I too can verify MANY late night criuses where the motor was never above 2k RPM's. :rollside:
Dave has kept that boat in great condition and is very good about service and preventative maintnence. I would deffinately consider it a reliable, "turnkey" river cruiser.
If the Nordic is home in Carlsbad, a test drive on Elsinore should put your mind at ease :cool:

Jordy
06-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Seems to me that Alco just went through the top end a few seasons ago and it didn't see much use after that. It's a great boat at a great price. Good luck with it!!!
As far as the stereo, I do know of a few times that the guys at Roadrunner would come over and ask us to turn the stereo down because it was louder than the stereo in the bar. :D :D :D

sleekcraft78
06-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Pics? there's a ton of them in the spam thread.
Ya I seen those pics, I wanted some of the engine compartment and cover. The patch job from the exhaust.

sleekcraft78
06-21-2006, 10:03 AM
I too can verify MANY late night criuses where the motor was never above 2k RPM's. :rollside:
Dave has kept that boat in great condition and is very good about service and preventative maintnence. I would deffinately consider it a reliable, "turnkey" river cruiser.
If the Nordic is home in Carlsbad, a test drive on Elsinore should put your mind at ease :cool:
He had a valve job done around 500 hrs.
He told me he'd take me out for a test ride.

91nordic29
06-21-2006, 10:10 AM
YIKES! he said TURNKEY, lol :cool:

h2oski2fast
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll say something good about it, once RD sends me the $20 he promised. I see that other people in this thread have alreay recieved their payment.

riverbound
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
IMO the boat is a great deal. I have driven it quite a few times and havent noticed anyhting that would cause any worries. I can only wonder how many of those hours were spent idling around the keys doing Booze cruises :D

riverbound
06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll say something good about it, once RD sends me the $20 he promised. I see that other people in this thread have alreay recieved their payment.
That Focker....he only gave me $10 :mad:

riverbound
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Ya I seen those pics, I wanted some of the engine compartment and cover. The patch job from the exhaust.
The only pics I have...cant be posted here ;)

H20 Party Starter
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
I can only wonder how many of those hours were spent idling around the keys doing Booze cruises :D
My guess? 384 :cool:
Seriously!

Jordy
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
My guess? 384 :cool:
Seriously!
And that was just in one month!!! :D :D :D

Jordy
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Wow, he gave me $30, but said I was supposed to split it with Jim. :idea:

Jyruiz
06-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Don't worry, he gave me $20 but I am not posting anything nice about the boat. Feel better?

RiverDave
06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Well there ya go.. LOL I wasn't online for the last 2 days so I'm sorry I didn't respond to the thread earlier.
Thanks for the compliments on the boat guys.. All of your perspective checks are in the mail. ;) :D
In all seriousness though, I appreciate the compliments on the boat, and the fact that most realize (other then chicks dancing on it) it's seen a relatively easy life.
RD

Trailer Park Casanova
06-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm surprised it has any hours on it all.
Always see RD on OP boats.
OP as in Other Peoples.
RD's Nordic has spent most it's life outta the sun, garaged, and that's pretty good too.
He takes good care of his stuff and his friends,, I wouldn't sweat buyin it at all.

Jyruiz
06-22-2006, 08:46 PM
I thought my cousin was going to buy it, but then he found a 2000 22 Eagle XP with half the hours. Very nice boat, but hardly any options, I think the only option was the bigger motor. Sorry RD, I did show him your first.