PDA

View Full Version : how long should I plan for...

jpeaston
06-21-2006, 10:22 AM
a place diverter installation on Sat. morning?

SHIFTY
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
TWO HOURS, AN 18-pack, THREE FRIENDS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY're DOING, AND A CHAIR FOR YOU TO SIT IN WHILE THEY DO ALL THE WORK.

IMPATIENT 1
06-21-2006, 10:37 AM
TWO HOURS, AN 18-pack, THREE FRIENDS WHO KNOW WHAT THEY're DOING, AND A CHAIR FOR YOU TO SIT IN WHILE THEY DO ALL THE WORK.
ITS SCARY HOW MUCH WE THINK ALIKE!
IT JUST TAKES A HR OR TWO,VERY EASY IF YA HAVE THE ALLEN SOCKETS TO DO IT WITH, AND USE LOCTITE!!!!!

Nubbs
06-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Are you doing a complete install or just the nozzle? I installed a manual diverter with cable and stringer mount controls in one day. Installing the nozzle doesn't take very long. Maybe a couple hours if you get some stuck bolts taking the original nozzle off. The time consuming part was installing the cable and control. I've never done a hydraulic unit.

SHIFTY
06-21-2006, 11:19 AM
ITS SCARY HOW MUCH WE THINK ALIKE!
THAT's EXACTLY HOW MINE WAS DONE. REV, BIGAMIST, AND Jetdriver TOOK CARE OF IT WHILE I DRANK BEER AND TRIED NOT TO GET BUSTED LOOKIN' AT Altar Girl...

jpeaston
06-21-2006, 01:19 PM
thanks guys,
my buddy has a farm implements repair shop, so I usually start the project and after two beers and a lot of looking at it, i ask for help, by beer 4 he's all alone, and done by the sixer. Then we load up, I buy the beer, and go try it out.
But its gonna be hot on Sat., so I was unsure if the sixer would suffice.

FLEA DIDDY
06-21-2006, 01:35 PM
LOL this reminded me of a friend back in Tx, We used to help each other work on our mustangs and shit, Anyways I would be watching him do something and get so f@ckin irritated with his lack of mechanical ability I would finally tel him to get out of the way "your taken to long" and end up doing 90% of the work for him. Now that I look back I think it was part of his plan :mad: bas-turd........lol :rollside:

SHIFTY
06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
LOL this reminded me of a friend back in Tx, We used to help each other work on our mustangs and shit, Anyways I would be watching him do something and get so f@ckin irritated with his lack of mechanical ability I would finally tel him to get out of the way "your taken to long" and end up doing 90% of the work for him. Now that I look back I think it was part of his plan :mad: bas-turd........lol :rollside:
AS THE AFICIONADO OF THIS SCHEME, I CAN ASSURE YOU IT WAS ON PURPOSE...

FLEA DIDDY
06-21-2006, 02:53 PM
AS THE AFICIONADO OF THIS SCHEME, I CAN ASSURE YOU IT WAS ON PURPOSE...Lol the ol' bait and switch :rollside: :cry:

SHIFTY
06-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Just Like When I Was A Kid. Everytime They Ask Ya To Do The Dishes, Just Make Sure Ya Break One...

FLEA DIDDY
06-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Just Like When I Was A Kid. Everytime They Ask Ya To Do The Dishes, Just Make Sure Ya Break One...hell I do that now, wife still never caught on............ :rollside: