PDA

View Full Version : Anybody planning on Havasu for Presidents day?

Boatjob
01-14-2002, 12:00 PM
Seems like this is the first weekend when people are so ansy to go to Havasu. Anybody have plans? Might be a little chilly, but I'm going up in my DCB to have some fun. Is the lake going to be totally empty?? I know people want to go for their first time this year!!!

kab
01-14-2002, 02:46 PM
If the weather stays nice I will probably be out there. I need to put some hours on the new Mach 26. I know the family wants to go.

MrHavasuCat
01-14-2002, 03:10 PM
You might see a few boats out there but it is usually just some locals this time of year.

bohica
01-14-2002, 03:21 PM
I'll be there that weekend. That is a great weekend to be in Havasu. They have the pyrotechnics convention in Havasu every year on Presidents Day weekend. They put on a big show at the end of the convention, I think it will be on Saturday night. If you've never seen it, it is one of the best fireworks displays you will ever see - and it's free.

warlock25
01-14-2002, 06:27 PM
You are right- they set off fireworks from the island on saturday night. but they also have the grand finale(so to speak) on Sunday night at SARA park. Its also free- you can sit on the bleachers. the BBQ wagon is there for food. It lasts way into the wee hours of the morning. Its incredible 5 to 6 hours of neck breaking looking up. Bring a jacket it gets cold.
We will be there for the weekend- however, I don't think my boat will be back together in time to put it in the water. John

Duck
01-14-2002, 07:30 PM
The fireworks are incredible and well worth the trip. Rumors are this could be the last
event in Havasu because of infighting within the Western Pyro's board. Sure hope not as it's as big a deal to our family as any other weekend in the summer. The Sat night show is for the indies in the business and features displays you'll never get to see anywhere else. It is very informative and give you a real appreaciation of how hard it is to make the different shells and effects. One year had 10,000 bottle rockets at the same time. LOUD and kool.
The other thing they shoot off are rockets with exploding payloads. Also very kool.
Temp memberships used to be offered so you could bang off class c stuff in the supervised pit area. Feed a duck too!