PDA

View Full Version : Off To Burley

Wildchild80
06-21-2006, 08:51 PM
The rig left today at 5:00pm will try and keep you posted on all the events

Moneypitt
06-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Well Dave, I'll be about 25 hrs behind you. Loaded and ready, just have to work tomorrow til 4:30, wait for LA traffic to clear, and I'm outa here. See you there sometime Friday afternoon.........Ray

smalls
06-22-2006, 06:25 AM
Any news yet? Just Checkin............

steve d
06-22-2006, 06:39 AM
The rig left today at 5:00pm will try and keep you posted on all the events
Thanks Dave...we'll be waiting........good luck and be safe..Steve

Chris Kenner - PS681
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
We are just coming into Elko, NV right now. :) All good so far. Scaralta is about 40 miles behind us. When we left Winnemucca he was 40 miles behind us, now he is 45 miles behind. He told us he was on the pipe, but we think its a bubbler. The road race is on!!!! :argue:

ColeTR2
06-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Scaralta is about 40 miles behind us.
Is the new K-5 behind him?

smalls
06-23-2006, 07:57 PM
What happened with the new K5...

gnRacer98
06-23-2006, 08:04 PM
What happened with the new K5...
Just heard, Tony stuffed the new K5 and destroyed it. He's OK thanks to the capsule. It's a shame about the boat but his foresight just paid for itself. Anybody got more details?

BIG TIME
06-23-2006, 09:25 PM
i heard he wadded it up on a parade lap....

Wildchild80
06-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Qualifiying Friday
Cracker Box #1 Steve Tustison P-74 Live Wire
Super Stock #1 Dave Bryant SS-80 Wild Child
Pro Stock #1 Ty Newton PS-70 Canary Pride (Fastest Time Overall)
Grand National No Qualifiying Haselrig and Grich look real strong
More news later

Hallett
06-24-2006, 06:46 AM
That sucks about the K-5 boat but glad your ok Tony.
do they have a backup boat.

469 the coyote
06-24-2006, 09:23 AM
That sucks about tonys new boat. It was a nice piece. They were all work'n to get it done this last week. Glad to hear that he is ok!!!!!! You can always get a new boat!!!

wsuwrhr
06-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Yea and who is pullin' who's leg?
Brian

vdriver4ever
06-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I left Burley this morning to race our late model tonight. I will be going back in the morning.
In Tony's own words the boat bobbled and the next thing he knew he was upside down. Then the boat turned backwards and entered the water butt first. It was on the back side of the island and only the other boats saw it. I can tell you the splash was huge over the top of the island as you can only imagin a boat going in backwards.
It took a hell of an effort to get it on the trailer since one side and half the deck is torn up pretty bad.
It was fun watching Billy B, Wayne and Sammons run their boats there yesterday. The camping is a blast of course and the weather is perfect.

wsuwrhr
06-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Tell me this is just a joke. PLEASE. It is hard to take anything serious here sometimes.
The first time it was in the water?
I left Burley this morning to race our late model tonight. I will be going back in the morning.
In Tony's own words the boat bobbled and the next thing he knew he was upside down. Then the boat turned backwards and entered the water butt first. It was on the back side of the island and only the other boats saw it. I can tell you the splash was huge over the top of the island as you can only imagin a boat going in backwards.
It took a hell of an effort to get it on the trailer since one side and half the deck is torn up pretty bad.
It was fun watching Billy B, Wayne and Sammons run their boats there yesterday. The camping is a blast of course and the weather is perfect.

vdriver4ever
06-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I am the non joking Lou brother. Wish it was a joke. And it was on the parade lap. Tony was outside lane and perhaps on the gas trying to catch up to the pack after coming out of turn one? I am not sure.
Yes it was the first time in the water. Second time that day. The first run was only for a few laps. The boat was pretty unsettled for part of those laps. I guess much more facts would need to come from Tony or Craig.

wsuwrhr
06-24-2006, 11:07 AM
At least Tony is ok.
too many hours went into building that boat just wad it up on a parade lap.
serious bummer

gottaminute?
06-24-2006, 01:59 PM
http://www.southidahopress.com/
glad to hear tony is OK
pat

wsuwrhr
06-24-2006, 02:48 PM
clickety click click (http://www.southidahopress.com/articles/2006/06/23/news/local/1k5.txt)

gnRacer98
06-24-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.southidahopress.com/content/current/front/printedition.pdf

Mrs. GoFast
06-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Looks like Wayne in the K-50 is Kicking A$$.
Congratulations Wayne.
http://www.southidahopress.com/articles/2006/06/23/sports/local/aregatta.txt

dmontzsta
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Congrats Wayne.

biesemeyer
06-25-2006, 04:18 AM
What a neat story, way to go Wayne!

CircleJerk
06-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Beautiful weather here in southern Burley. The Team Davis SS34 ran third and sixth for the 'Kid Stocker' , my new name for him as he made his debut in Super Stock. Wow these guys give you NO slack. Action was very close with the Nordling 'L-boat' struggling with tune up and stuck in lane 7 but maybe luck will be with us 'nosties' today for the lane choice.
the K class was and is awsum and NO one is dissappointed in the turnout (10) or the action, with the NKRA putting on a big show with very safe and sane driving. As I formerly stated, "The race of the decade" could still be in the making this Sunday. Out of 10 entrants, yesterday saw only 7 making the launch holler! The Rayson Craft K boat of John Brinton was the most spectacular as his spin outs in the turns stopped my heart more than once! In one heat he still finished third dispite the slips. It's a runner K!!! Duff Dailey has had a bit of bad luck in the K23 and did not finish his first heat with Tony in the Orange K5 back up boat leading the pack. Wayne and Billy are very impressive to me with their rookie training behind them and great conservative driving displays! Wayne will be renamed by the jerk as 'DossHoleshot'. He flys the K50 like a pro!!
Duff just walked by and said a bolt from the injector dropped down the rotor home and destroyed his blower!! You should have come to Burley! jErKouT

Hallett
06-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the great update circle jerk sounds like a blast there
and some close racing. congrats to all and the best part is all
of you guys are safe. and having a great time sorry to hear
about you new boat Tony but at least your ok. :)

mbrown2
06-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Any news on the cracker boxes?
Sorry to hear about Tony's boat.....but great to see him back racing already.

lucky
06-25-2006, 03:42 PM
Holly shit Toney -- That fricken Blow's I'm sorry to hear this sad tale - of boat death - :( glad your Ok -

Wildchild80
06-26-2006, 02:34 AM
I am sitting in the airport and I will post the results to the best of my memory.In the k Boat class K-5 was in 1st place K-66 Chris Kenner in 2nd place and K-1 John Britton in 3rd place. In Pro Stock Duff Dailey in 1st place Dave Bryant in 2nd place and Ty newton in 3rd place. In super stock Dave Bryant was in 1st place, Skip Tuttle in 2nd place and Mike Darner in 3rd place. Cracker Box Steve Tustison was in 1st place, and won the mink. GN joey Cucci won 1st place and won the Governor's cup.
Allin all it was a great weekend of racing I would like to thank all the guys that sponsored the SS class.You are a great bunch of guys.