PDA

View Full Version : ELIMINATOR 33' DAYTONA 146MPH 03/2001

HBjet
01-10-2002, 01:50 PM
That is very nice that HTM's 30 footer has ran 149.999 (150) on the GPS, and of course, it would have been faster, but it ran out of prop. (I love that!) Well, back in the March issue of Hot Boat straight from the Eliminator factory came along a 33' which weighted 9200lbs with 60 gallons for fuel on board, no passangers. For power is has a pair of Mercury 900SC motors. This boat was a basic production setup with full interior, not a race setup.
So 146mph in a 33' Eliminator Daytona with Mercury 900SC and number six drives and weighing in at 9200 pounds is pretty impressive. That tells you something about the bottom of those boats.
Good job though HTM, I just wouldn't hoot and hauler about a 30' doing 149.999 in January 2002 when a 33' did 146 in March 2001
HBjet

572Daytona
01-10-2002, 02:41 PM
Yeah, but the real question is whether or not it is a Hot Boat, just what side of the boat is the steering wheel on anyway? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 03:01 PM
HB jet,,, The HTM is straight out of the factory not by no means a full drag setup(8/71/8 LB BOOST),has full interior,5 passengers,1/2to 3/4 tanks of fuel ,weighed in about 9600lbs,and it ran out of props as stated,bounced off the rev limiters at 7200rpm
i think realistictley it will run 155/160ish.thats to damn fast for me. as for houtin and haulin ,damn my boat can't even come close to it ,sure is a lot of sceptical people.......c u on the water
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited January 10, 2002).]

MONEY
01-10-2002, 03:52 PM
mrpumpsHTM,
Unless your tub o shit HTM has wings and two 747 jet engines bolted to the transom quit bullshitting everybody on this board about going 150 on the GPS.
AS for the Eliminator 33, you guys are not even on the same radar screen.
MONEY

WILDMAN
01-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Now kids, let's play nice!

shockwaveharry
01-10-2002, 04:32 PM
MONEY must know what he is talking about. Went through all the the trouble to register so he could get vital information to us, his friends, here in the forum. I'm sorry but mrpumpsHTM has been exposed! THANK YOU MONEY! Your TWO posts must be considered for what they truly are: undeniable evidence!
Hay MONEY, keep posting. ASS HOLE! http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/ups/DeNiro/up_yours.gif

HBjet
01-10-2002, 04:35 PM
MrpumpsHTM, 9600lbs, what, did you just throw that out there? j/k, WOW that is one fat 30' if you ask me. Most 33' Daytonas way about 8800lbs with fuel on board. You guys ran out of prop when the motors hit there rev limiters at 7200 RPM? Well, the 33' Daytona on it's maiden voyage did 146 MPH at 6100 RPM with a statment of "Maybe the 150-mile-an-hour mark with factory-built Mercury motors isn't that far off" Let me ask you MRpumpsHTM, what HP were there running? or were they factory Mercury motors also? Really, what HP?
HBjet

Chet 17
01-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Yo HB, you ever look into a cabin of the two boats in question, the 33' comes with a 3"foam pad covered to match your interior, and if you lay on your belly you can shimmy up towards the nose and take a nap.
Now on the 30' you can step down inside and invite 4 to 5 people (avg 200 lbs) and watch a movie on the dvd or brew a pot of coffee or blend up some frozen drinks and entertain, and for a little extra they will wire with disco lights and even the sacred disco ball, and still have enough for 5 to 6 people up top and speeds in the triple zone, and I allmost can bet you will still have change from the difference you would have spent on the 33'...just my .02
Late Chet

Boatjob
01-10-2002, 06:12 PM
I side with you HBjet. I don't know what HTM is trying to prove. I give HTM all the credit in the world, but common now, mrpumpsHTM, your not giving the 33'Eliminator credit so why should we give the HTM credit? Oh by the way mrpumpsHTM, do u work for HTM or something? You surely do have a strong opinion

HBjet
01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Chet 17:
Yo HB, you ever look into a cabin of the two boats in question, the 33' comes with a 3"foam pad covered to match your interior, and if you lay on your belly you can shimmy up towards the nose and take a nap.
Now on the 30' you can step down inside and invite 4 to 5 people (avg 200 lbs) and watch a movie on the dvd or brew a pot of coffee or blend up some frozen drinks and entertain, and for a little extra they will wire with disco lights and even the sacred disco ball, and still have enough for 5 to 6 people up top and speeds in the triple zone, and I allmost can bet you will still have change from the difference you would have spent on the 33'...just my .02
Late Chet
Dude, who the hell is going to buy a 30' tunnel do they can watch a DVD and drink a coffee while there on the water? I don't know about anyone else, but that is the dumbest thing, or selling point I've heard. If I want to watch a DVD, it won't be in a boat on the water with a LCD moniter I paid too much for and sound that just doesn't compare to my home system. If I want coffee, I go to Starbucks. The neon light and disco ball, that is cool, but on another persons boat. I would think the neon in the open cockpit area would be cooler for those night time rides and floats. Then everyone would know where the party is at, not just the 5-6 people under the deck. Yeah, I know the Eliminator costs more, but your paying for the looks too. Kind like girls at a strip club, you have to spend more on the better looking ones. The ugly ones you can get a lot cheaper.
HBjet

HBjet
01-10-2002, 06:23 PM
Have you ever wanted to just put your feet up, drink a fresh cup of coffee and watch the sunday morning television programs in the privacy of your own 30' HTM cat? Well look no more, not only will you get a large size 10" LCD monitor, but compact space saving coffee machine as well. No more blasting down the lake or river without your favorite DVD collection left behind. What could be better. Have nice morning ride at 100+ speeds and catch up on the latest DVD releases and vanilla nut coffe that you just can't do in any other custom built lake boat. HTM, bring your home back to the water.
HTM - Home Theater Marine?
HBjet

MONEY
01-10-2002, 08:07 PM
mrpumpsHTM,
Please let me know where I can get a GPS like the one that HTM used, I have a 120 mph jet daycruiser that needs to be timed.
Money

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 08:34 PM
HBjet????????? just the info you asked for it was 9600lbs, factory HTM 565 950hp engines,it ran 150 .i have no info on your 32-33-35 or whatever boat you are talking about ,HOWEVER i know for a fact the HTM30 ran 150 thats all. B BY NOW

HBjet
01-10-2002, 08:40 PM
MrpumpsHTM, you can find all the info about the 33' Eliminator Daytona running Mercury (not HTM or Eliminator factory) 900SC motors in the March 2001 issue of Hot Boat. If you don't have it, I can mail you the pages on that boat if you like.
That's all BYE BYE NOW!
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 10, 2002).]

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 08:45 PM
BOATJOB ....no i don't work for HTM.I OWN/RACE ONE! my opinion well i think its a top of the line boat ,again thats my OPINION what do you run. I also have no OPINION on a 33 ELIMIATOR at any speed ,i just stated that a 30 ftHTM ran 150mph.i don't know about you but my boat won't go 150mph (YET)ha ha ha ,steves will and thats bad a$$. B BY NOW
C U ON THE WATER

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 08:50 PM
HBjet... what kind of hp in a 900sc?????

HBjet
01-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Here you go MrpumpsHTM
Propshaft Horsepower: 850 (634 kW)1
Full Throttle RPM Range: 5800-6000
Displacement (Litre/CID): 8.9/542
Bore (in/mm): 4.44/113
Stroke (in/mm): 4.375/111
Compression Ratio: 8:03:1
Cylinders: V-8
Alternator (amps/watts): 55/776
Ignition Type: Thunderbolt CD
Fuel System: Dual 1050 Holley
Fuel Requirements: 92 Posted Octane (R+M)/2 (98 RON)
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 10, 2002).]

MONEY
01-10-2002, 09:29 PM
mrpumpsHTM,
Are you the guy that got beat by the bass boat @ CAstaic-IHBA races.
If it was, your boat did not run 135.
MOney

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 09:48 PM
MONEY...... NO ! i did not get beat at castaic! and that socalled bass boat ran 9 s in the mile 1/4 kind a hard to fish at 120+

mrpumpsHTM
01-10-2002, 09:51 PM
HBjet dammmm 900sc mercurys are bad a$$ ARE THEY $$$$$$$$$$ spendeee

DMB
01-10-2002, 10:36 PM
Uh, I think the 33 has just a little more space than your describing, sitting, sleeping ect, but no big screen,no pool table,no salad bar or minature golf, just what you would normally find in a cat of that size I.E. Skater,DCB,Fountain,Motion,Talon You know the shity abstract builders,most people looking for a cuddy cabin buy a cuddy cabin not a cat, not putting anything down just making a statment.
Hey Mr Pump, 146 MPH with 900 scs for a 33 ft cat are Substancial #s dont you agree.

Chet 17
01-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Yes those numbers are great, but to have your family out and have a sleepover in your HTM 30' camper special and wake up and when some guy from HB rolls up and wants to run against his 18' squirter, and you give him the jump while your wife mixes up your morning brew and you feed the kids and do the dishes, then prepare the anchor and blow by him before he gets out of your sights. Damn what a feeling that must be.......probably one the Blue boat from HB with the fro wig wearin disco guy will never have...
Just a story
Late
Chet

HBjet
01-10-2002, 11:24 PM
Damn what a feeling that must be.......probably one the Blue boat from HB with the fro wig wearin disco guy will never have...Chet
Damn! Your right, I would never have because I don't have an 18' boat, and If I raced a 30' HTM with the wife doing dishes and feeding the kids, and a head start, and then anchor is already being prepaired, you couldn't touch me. I'll never have that feeling of being beat by that boat with all of that going on.
Know whats funny, to justify yourself, you have to compare a 18' jet boat with a twin blown 150mph HTM tunnel. Thats sad http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
HBjet

HBjet
01-10-2002, 11:31 PM
Chet17, what wrong with the disco fro? Besides, doesn't HTM have a Disco version of there 30' tunnel? Maybe I can be there boat model.
HB"disco wearin fro guy"jet

RiverDave2
01-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes those numbers are great, but to have your family out and have a sleepover in your HTM 30' camper special and wake up and when some guy from HB rolls up and wants to run against his 18' squirter, and you give him the jump while your wife mixes up your morning brew and you feed the kids and do the dishes, then prepare the anchor and blow by him before he gets out of your sights. Damn what a feeling that must be.......probably one the Blue boat from HB with the fro wig wearin disco guy will never have...
Just a story
Late
Chet
Chet, Chet, Chet.... My poor misguided little friend.. That Story could also go another way... You finish your home brewed Coffee, and leave the wife and kids on the beach becuase your going to go for a power run... Here you are Wind against your face IN THE WORLDS FASTEST HTM Doing 150mph, and All of a sudden Something passes you.. Could it be? No... But it is? Yes that's right An Average 38' SKATER pleasure, NOT RACE, pleasure boat just passed your silly ass. So please shut up and stop talkin smack on da Afro.. Just a Story..
RD

Boatjob
01-11-2002, 12:15 PM
mrpumps, you asked me what I run.... I run a DCB Mach 26, and I think it's nicest out there.Just my OPINION

ChetCapoli
01-11-2002, 10:19 PM
Now how bout that!
I'm a little bored so i figured i'd look around a little to see where old RAHndy comes up with close to 800 posts...what do i see???? A LATE CHET??? damn...i thought i was the only one born with that ungodly name..havent heard it but once or twice in my life. Nice to meet you late chet! To think your into it with my buddy HB...aint that nice.
take it easy there....late chet.
early chet