PDA

View Full Version : 5 Blade or 4 Blade?

Stiletto24
06-22-2006, 08:17 AM
I am new to here to Hot Boat. I was wondering any one out there running a 5 blade prop? I have a Stiletto 24 with a 502, Bravo One outdrive Merc lab finished 4 blade ss Prop. Top end 70+ w/ AZ Speed and Marine upgrades. And the usuial EMI headers ignition ect... Looking for a little more top end and out of the hole. Any suggestion? Opinions.
Thank you.

shadow
06-22-2006, 11:28 AM
D- theres a few people around here that have tried the 5 blades,I'm sure they will chime in.I think they bite better and improve mid range but i'm not 100% sure.I've also heard they are harder on the drive due to less slippage.
What pitch are you running now and do you have a XR drive?

INSman
06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
5 blades on a single engine/drive configuration can be deadly, as the 5 blade will afford very little slip and you WILL NOT likely gain both top end and low end with the 5 blade. They will however usually help you get out of the hole quicker and will afford more mid range punch, typically losing a few mph on the top.

Havasu47
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
5 blades on a single engine/drive configuration can be deadly, as the 5 blade will afford very little slip and you WILL NOT likely gain both top end and low end with the 5 blade. They will however usually help you get out of the hole quicker and will afford more mid range punch, typically losing a few mph on the top.
INS is right.... They definitely reduce drive life cat or vee

Stiletto24
06-23-2006, 06:38 AM
Thank you for the response.
D. I am running a Bravo One Drive 24 pitch prop.
Looks like I will stay with the 4 blade.
The last thing I want to do is kill my out drive.