PDA

View Full Version : Prop problems

Boatjob
02-27-2002, 11:30 PM
I have a set of 4 blade Mercury Cleavers, lab finished, the whole deal. I got the props from Dave from DCB a while ago(I have a Mach 26 with twin 300's, but I had some problems with them the first time I had them out. Here's the problem- I used them once at Havasu last year, and after one use, they are trashed. I swear I didn't hit anything, it semms as though Merc didn't harden the metal all the way or something around those lines. I also think that Dave might have sold me used props that had been lab finished somewhere after market. Lue from Lakeland in Havasu thought that one wasn't even lab finished, but who knows. I want to know your opinions on the problem, has any one had similar problems??? I have another set of cleavers so I have props for the meantime, but just want some info
Thanks

Screaming Pete
02-28-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Boatjob:
I have a set of 4 blade Mercury Cleavers, lab finished, the whole deal. I got the props from Dave from DCB a while ago(I have a Mach 26 with twin 300's, but I had some problems with them the first time I had them out. Here's the problem- I used them once at Havasu last year, and after one use, they are trashed. I swear I didn't hit anything, it semms as though Merc didn't harden the metal all the way or something around those lines. I also think that Dave might have sold me used props that had been lab finished somewhere after market. Lue from Lakeland in Havasu thought that one wasn't even lab finished, but who knows. I want to know your opinions on the problem, has any one had similar problems??? I have another set of cleavers so I have props for the meantime, but just want some info
Thanks
Boatjob, I had a problem with a lab from merc from dcb also and merc sent me out a new one. It developed a fracture in 1 of the ears have you showed dcb the props, when you say their trashed do they look like a blender blade or cracked, tarnished?? You can always make some doise at the LA show that starts this weekend it maybe worthwhile to have them with you if you go to the show.

Boatjob
02-28-2002, 10:54 AM
I talked to Dave and he said that he would replace the props, but he always tells me what i want to here. I got these props from Dave when the drilled Bravos that he gave me didn't work weither. It's just a pain, he says he'll have the props sometime soon, but who knows. As far as what the props look like, all the ears look like they have been hit by something. There isn't one straight edge on them, all bent up.
Thanks for the response.

MrHavasuCat
02-28-2002, 03:14 PM
For what it is worth the labed cleavers on my last mach 26 used to bend the ears all the time. The tips of the cleavers are so thin they are very easy to bend. Almost every trip to Havasu I would come back with damaged props. It does not take much to bend the tips (kind of looks like a blender blade). I was constantly having to get the props fixed. When I ran the round ear Lighting et's they never sustaine any damage, but the cleaver perfomed better.