PDA

View Full Version : Havasu cable vs. satellite?

phebus
06-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Don't know whether to go with cable vs. satellite in the new Havasu house.
Pros and cons of each appreciated. Oh, and it will be the only place I need it, so the advantage of taking a satellite reciever with me and be able to use it at two different locations is a moot point.
Thanks

Cole
06-23-2006, 06:49 AM
Whats a "moot"?

Havasu_Dreamin
06-23-2006, 06:51 AM
We've got Direct TV. We originally had the local cable channel but I actually prefer the Direct Tv, and not just for your moot point. :p The downside of the satellite is that in the harsh winds and rains in the monsoon season it does occassionally go out.

Jyruiz
06-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I would see if the cable company has some kind of deal with cable TV and high speed internet access first, might save a few bucks.

phebus
06-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Whats a "moot"?
A nice way of saying "I don't give a fu*k" :D

Havasu_Dreamin
06-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Whats a "moot"?
From the Meriam-Webster online dictionary:
deprived of practical significance : made abstract or purely academic
So, basically it means of no value, is not important, or does not matter or.....
A nice way of saying "I don't give a fu*k" :D

Todd969
06-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey Rick, We have Directv and use NPG for phone and internet. Their cable package is kinda dull for about $10 less a month than Directv.

UncleLarry
06-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Cable... why cause its the only way you can see me on the lcoal tv station.. we are not on the "dish" cable cable cable

Todd969
06-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Cable... why cause its the only way you can see me on the lcoal tv station.. we are not on the "dish" cable cable cable
That's why I have your picture in the garage, right next to the dart board :p

Kachina26
06-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Dish, quaility of cable picture blows!!!

JetBoatRich
06-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Whats a "moot"?
moot [ moot ]
adjective
Definition:
1. arguable: open to argument or dispute
Whether nutritional supplements are beneficial is a moot question.
2. not relevant: irrelevant or unimportant
If they refuse to compromise, mediation is a moot issue.
3. law not legally relevant: legally insignificant because of having already been decided or settled
Whether he was entitled to do business under that name was moot, because his company had ceased trading.
verb (past and past participle moot·ed, present participle moot·ing, 3rd person present singular moots)
Definition:
1. transitive verb suggest topic: to offer an idea for consideration or a topic for discussion ( usually passive )
2. intransitive verb law have formal argument: to take part in a debate, especially one organized as an academic exercise, e.g. a hypothetical case argued among law students
noun (plural moots)
Definition:
1. law debate on hypothetical issue: an academic discussion in which people such as law students argue hypothetically or plead a hypothetical legal case
2. history Anglo-Saxon local court: in Anglo-Saxon England, a formal gathering for settling legal and administrative matters
[ Old English mōt "assembly" < Germanic, "meeting"]
moot·nessn

lalhc
06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
I use Dish Network. I like the consistent quality of satellite tv.

phebus
06-23-2006, 07:19 AM
The house I'm buying already has a dish reciever. What do I need to do to get it working (it works, but do I need to change names, billing, etc?)

Todd969
06-23-2006, 07:30 AM
The house I'm buying already has a dish reciever. What do I need to do to get it working (it works, but do I need to change names, billing, etc?)
Call Directv and get the new dish and receivers so you get PHX locals in HD.

Cruzzze
06-23-2006, 07:54 AM
I was a cable TV contractor for 17 years, yes it paid the bills, but I have Direct TV now, the cable systems these days are under so much sh*t that they don't have customer service, they really can't afford it, and once the dish is set, your troubles are gone. Cable is always getting cut by other contractors, and by the landscaper etc, satelite is off the ground, period. Cable is just waiting to go belly up, it's happening everywhere, here in So Ut Charter is getting bought out, they have terrible service, everyone I know is going to satelite. Charter here doesn't even have a GM, they have a goofball tech that's acting like a GM, but has no idea how to do service calls, welcome to Cable! :)