PDA

View Full Version : Tunnel Tab's

waterbum
12-15-2001, 09:08 AM
When I mounted the tab's on my 25' Warlock I was told to mount them horizontal with the bottom of the boat and one quarter inch above the tunnel's. Is this correct? Can I drop the trailing edge of the tabs lower to help control porpoise or will this start to create the dreaded drag factor? I welcome any and all input but don't trash my SXT. Hey did that sound like a good tune??? Merry Christmas to all!!

boatnam2
12-15-2001, 11:23 AM
i see no reason to have tabs on a cat,you can burry the nose so bad it will only go 40mph and trim one out so far it wont get on plane,so why tabs?

waterbum
12-15-2001, 11:46 AM
The tabs on a cat are stationary or to say locked in place. The theory behind them, unlike on a v-hull, is to hold the airpack under the boat longer so i've been told. They don't acually contact the water. I have seen other Warlock's in reader rides in past issues with tabs and was hoping to draw on others experience. Since installing them the boat rides flatter with more stern lift but still wants to porpoise around 80 although not as bad. Boat is also a little faster.

Blown Lavey
12-15-2001, 05:58 PM
Also tabs are a great help with a boat full of people and gas to help it on plane with a big prop.

Craig
12-16-2001, 07:29 AM
I also have a set of fixed tunnel tabs on my Advantage Sport Cat. I originally had the typical Bennett tabs. They were mounted right over the tunnel as well and they did help getting out of the hole. When I installed dual ram steering, they conflicted with the mounting points so I went with a trick set from Bergeron Engineering. They are flush with the bottom of top of the tunnel and run paralell to the tunnel. They do smooth out some of the porpoise at 70-80 mph, so you can hammer right through it! I know a couple guys with the same make cat and no tabs and there is a difference.
Craig