06-23-2006, 10:12 AM
wanted to know after installing inducer in jet ,is there any loss of top speed

Taylorman
06-23-2006, 10:20 AM
No not at all.

IMPATIENT 1
06-23-2006, 10:39 AM
MAKE SURE YOUR HULLS NEEDS ONE BEFORE DROPPING THAT DOUGH, 2 OF MY PEEPS JUST DONE THERE'S AND AFTER THE 500 BUCKS EXPENSE THEY HAD NO NOTICEABLE INCREASE IN HOLESHOT OR TOP END PERFORMANCE.ONE WAS A TX-19 TUNNEL AND THE OTHER A TAYLOR SJ V-HULL.THEY BOTH FELT CHEATED AFTERWARDS.

sleekcrafter
06-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Oh you just asked a bad Question :220v: opinions vary on this, get some popcorn :) I just got one, have not run the boat yet :crossx:
sleek

IMPATIENT 1
06-23-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh you just asked a bad Question :220v: opinions vary on this, get some popcorn :) I just got one, have not run the boat yet :crossx:
sleek
I JUST MEANT TO ASK SOMEONE WITH THE SAME HULL, THAT'S ALL.SINCE I OWN A SJ LIKE MY BUDDIES, I KNOW THAT A INDUCER WON'T HELP MINE. HE CALLED THE DEALER BACK AFTER THE INSTALL AND TESTIN TO ASK WTF? AND THE DEALER SAID IT HELPS SOME BOATS BUT IF YOURS WAS ALREADY GETTIN ENOUGH WATER, THEN IT WOULDN'T DO MUCH, FORGOT TO MENTION THAT WHEN HE SOLD THE INDUCER, AND THE BUDDY ASKED THAT QUESTION BEFORE PURCHASING AND WAS PROMISED THE WORLD,YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.TYPICAL SALESMAN B.S..

Wet Dream
06-23-2006, 11:26 AM
No, it wont hurt top end. I had one installed and love it. I'll back Don's stuff anyday.

HBjet
06-23-2006, 11:31 AM
MAKE SURE YOUR HULLS NEEDS ONE BEFORE DROPPING THAT DOUGH, 2 OF MY PEEPS JUST DONE THERE'S AND AFTER THE 500 BUCKS EXPENSE THEY HAD NO NOTICEABLE INCREASE IN HOLESHOT OR TOP END PERFORMANCE.ONE WAS A TX-19 TUNNEL AND THE OTHER A TAYLOR SJ V-HULL.THEY BOTH FELT CHEATED AFTERWARDS.
How much power do these two boats have and what impeller are they using?
HBjet

IMPATIENT 1
06-23-2006, 12:24 PM
How much power do these two boats have and what impeller are they using?
HBjet
THE TX-19 HAS A BLOWN 525BBC WITH @ 800-850HP,DOMINATOR PUMP SPINNIN A STAINLESS B CUT, HAS A NICE SHOE SET-UP AND STUFF,THE HULL MAY NOT BE TUNED WELL THOUGH?
THE TAYLOR SJ HAS A 454(MAYBE 500HP) WITH A 12JE PUMP, LOADER,SNOOP,DIVERTOR, STUFFER SPINNING A AB CUT.HE SAID IT SLOWED HIM DOWN BUT I FIGURE ITS UNDER POWERED AND OVER FED AT THIS POINT.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-23-2006, 07:16 PM
It is my understanding from a diuscussion once had with DuaneHTP that the E/F's do tend to overload and develop more intake pressure than would be preferable. By the same token, the steeper intake angle causes a pressure differential top to bottom of the impeller face earlier than the reg pumps. Lowrider is running an "F".
The inducers will only help if there is something to help, just as with anything else. It is my understanding that they TEND to help high HP boats spinning large impellers (AA's), help larger boats minimize cavitation on holeshot, and reduce problems of cavitation on launch, but of course only if having such problems. Every boat is different, every engine too, as well as every driver's right foot on the loud-pedal.