PDA

View Full Version : I landed the Ministry/ Revco tour!!!!!!!!!

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Wow, I'm in total fkn shock. I toured with these guys in 96' and it was cool and all but now I will be the production manager/ Lighting Director. This is some insane shit. we hit the road on 5/5 and do 3 months in the states before heading to Europe for a month of festivals. This isn't like a normal tour ho hum gig for me, I've been a fan of Ministry AND Revco for that matter for going on 17 years now and the fact that Al has been clean for 3 years now and has fired his old manager and business manager along with all the drunks/ users that were on the crew before will make this alot easier to deal with. Be assured I will be posting tons of crazy pics while on the road, we'll have some fun with this one folks.
I meet with Al and Angelina ( wife/manager) this weekend to work out the particulars, here is the routing so far.
Wk 1
1 Friday May 5 Houston Verizon Wireless Theatre
2 Sat May 6 San Antonio Sunset Station Lonestar
3 Sun May 7 Fort Worth TX Ridglea Theatre
4 Mon May 8 New Orleans House of Blues
Tues May 9 OFF
5 Wed May 10 Tulsa OK Cains Ballroom
6 Thurs May 11 Albequerque NM Sunshine Theatre
Six
Wk 2
7 Friday May 12 Denver Ogden Theatre
8 Sat May 13 Ft Collins Aggie Theatre
9 Sun May 14 SLC The Great Salt Air
Mon May 15 OFF
10 Tues May 16 Vegas House of Blues
12 Wed May 17 Tempe Marquee Theatre
Thurs May 18 OFF
Five
Wk 3
13 Friday May 19 LA House of Blues
14 Sat May 20 LA House of Blues
15 sun May 21 San Diego House of Blues
Mon May 22 OFF
16 Tues May 23 Anaheim House of Blues
17 Wed May 24 Sacramento Crest Theatre
Thurs May 25 OFF
Five
Wk 4
18 Friday May 26 San Fran Filmore
19 Sat May 27 Portland Roseland Theatre
20 Sun May 28 Seattle Showbox
Mon May 29 OFF
21 Tues May 30 Vancouver Commodore
22 Wed May 31 Vancouver Commodore
Thurs June 1 OFF
Five
Wk 5
23 Friday June 2 Edmonton Red's Entertainment
24 Sat June 3 Calgary MacEwan Hall
Sun June 4 OFF
25 Mon June 5 Winnipeg Burton Cummings Theatre
Tues June 6 OFF
26 Wed June 7 Kitchener Element
27 Thurs June 8 Toronto Koolhaus
Five
Wk 6
28 Friday June 9 Ottawa Capital Music Hall
29 Sat June 10 Montreal Le Medley
30 Sun June 11 Quebec City Capitole du Quebec
Mon June 12 OFF
31 Tues June 13 Poughkeepsie The Chance
32 Wed June 14 NYC BB Kings
Thurs June 15 OFF
Five
Wk 7
33 Friday June 16 Worchester The Palladium
34 Sat June 17 Atanctic City House of Blues
35 Sun June 18 Philly The Trocadero
Mon June 19 OFF
36 Tues June 20 Baltimore Sonar
37 Wed June 21 DC 9:30 Club
Thurs June 22 OFF
Five
Wk 8
38 Friday June 23 Pittsburg Ice Garden Arena
39 Sat June 24 Detroit Harpos
40 sun June 25 Cleveland House of Blues
Mon June 26 OFF
41 Tues June 27 Niagara Falls Dome Theatre
42 Wed June 28 Cincinnati Bogarts
Thurs June 29 OFF
Five
Wk 9
43 Friday June 30 Minneapolis Quest Club
44 Sat July 1 Chicago House of Blues
45 Sun July 2 Chicago House of Blues
46 Mon July 3 Columbus Newport Music Hall
Tues July 4 OFF
47 Wed July 5 Omaha Neb Sokol Auditorium
48 Thurs July 6 Sauget IL Pops
Six
Wk 10
49 Friday July 7 Atlanta The Masquerade
50 Sat July 8 Orlando House of Blues
51 Sun July 9 Ft Lauderdale Revolution
Mon July 10 OFF
52 Tues July 11 Tampa The Masquerade
53 Wed July 12 North Charleston NC Center Stage at the Plex
Thurs July 13 OFF
Five
Wk 11
54 Friday July 14 Mrytle Beach SC House of Blues
55 Sat July 15 Charlotte NC Tremont Music Hall
56 Sun July 16 Norfolk VA The Norva
Mon July 17 OFF
57 Tues July 18 Birmingham FL Sloss Furnace
58 Wed July 19 Little Rock AR ClearChannel Metroplex
59 Thurs July 20 Austin, TX La Zona Rosa

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:12 PM
You'll love the Commodore On Graville in Van! the floor is suspended by a gazillion tennis balls ..and when you mosh...everyone moshes. My bud use to manage that joint.
When your in Calgary gimme a shout! I'll bring a whole shitload of rowdy's!

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM
You'll love the Commodore On Graville in Van! the floor is suspended by a gazillion tennis balls ..and when you mosh...everyone moshes. My bud use to manage that joint.
When your in Calgary gimme a shout! I'll bring a whole shitload of rowdy's!
I've been going to the Commodore for over 12 years now, killer neighborhood around there and the girls are SMOKIN HOT.

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:20 PM
I've been going to the Commodore for over 12 years now, killer neighborhood around there and the girls are SMOKIN HOT.
Really I used to go there when Jeff played it ...shit...we were the founding crew when the roxy started! I have a bunch of buds that played the commodore as new bands! Ya know Dave May?

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Really I used to go there when Jeff played it ...shit...we were the founding crew when the roxy started! I have a bunch of buds that played the commodore as new bands! Ya know Dave May?
First time I went there was with Lloyd Cole, it's now owned by House of Blues y'know?

uclahater
01-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Dave May out of California

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:28 PM
First time I went there was with Lloyd Cole, it's now owned by House of Blues y'know?
No I didnt... The Yale used to rock after the Commodore, Partied there with Colin James and Jeff quite a few times

hoolign
01-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Dave May out of California
Dave May the record producer out of Vancouver B.C

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 10:31 PM
And Skinny Puppy is from BC also :p

Phat Matt
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Let's meet up in May at HOB in LA or Anaheim. We do a lot of presents show in Anaheim so maybe we'll get this one too. We still play a little Ministry now and then. :)

phebus
01-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Looks like boating in August. Congratulations!!

H20 Toie
01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
Hey ken need some video gear on that tour :)
Congrats

MagicMtnDan
01-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Sounds like fun. I'd be jealous if it was Paul Rodgers + Queen :)

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Let's meet up in May at HOB in LA or Anaheim. We do a lot of presents show in Anaheim so maybe we'll get this one too. We still play a little Ministry now and then. :)
LA is always a no go because all the industry fags hog the guest list up, Anaheim is a good idea though.

GHT
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
See you at the Vegas House of Blues... :) Maybe this time we can hang out while you are here... :)

hoolign
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
LA is always a no go because all the industry fags hog the guest list up, Anaheim is a good idea though.
Calagry!...lets "git er done"

Phat Matt
01-05-2006, 11:10 PM
What record label are they on? I might know somebody who knows somebody. :)
I like Anaheim though.

hoolign
01-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I like Anaheim though.
If'n you were to post your "key chain" holder..you'd be a shoe in for "rock god" ! :D

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I like Anaheim though.
13thplanet/megaforce. They own 13th planet. Sony Red is distibution.

KACHINA KEN
01-05-2006, 11:15 PM
See you at the Vegas House of Blues... :) Maybe this time we can hang out while you are here... :)
Yeah we can party old school stylee Donnie.

Phat Matt
01-05-2006, 11:17 PM
If'n you were to post your "key chain" holder..you'd be a shoe in for "rock god" ! :D
lol. You are still the only one with that one. :D

ROZ
01-05-2006, 11:22 PM
You must have done the lights for DK in the 80's ;) :D
Congradulations!!!
San Diego House of Blues :D :cool:

hoolign
01-05-2006, 11:22 PM
lol. You are still the only one with that one. :D
and God bless it! :D

totenhosen
01-06-2006, 06:39 AM
By far the loudest band I have ever heard play. Ministry f-ing rocks! Just make sure you were some earplugs otherwise you might go deaf after the first show.

KACHINA KEN
01-06-2006, 08:25 AM
By far the loudest band I have ever heard play. Ministry f-ing rocks! Just make sure you were some earplugs otherwise you might go deaf after the first show.
I have already toured withthem before, in 1996 we did the "Filth Pig" tour. It was a colossal failure, first record after psalm 69 and the promoters were booking arenas that they couldnt fill, I remember being in Arco arena in SACTO with like 2500 people in it thinking wow, this sucks. I'm sure it had something to do with being a weak bill (jesus lizard and Laika and the Cosmonauts were the support ) in hindsight that was the only problem really besides the typical lack of record support.

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Oh man...you gotta get me in.
How can you not love a band with strippers on stage?

Big Warlock
01-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Congrats are in order!!! Good job Ken!!! See you in August when you slow down!!!
Rob

KACHINA KEN
01-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Congrats are in order!!! Good job Ken!!! See you in August when you slow down!!!
Rob
I still have March and April to get my fix before I go, and look at it this way. I miss the 4 hottest and most expensive gas months :idea:

totenhosen
01-06-2006, 08:45 AM
I have already toured withthem before, in 1996 we did the "Filth Pig" tour. It was a colossal failure, first record after psalm 69 and the promoters were booking arenas that they couldnt fill, I remember being in Arco arena in SACTO with like 2500 people in it thinking wow, this sucks. I'm sure it had something to do with being a weak bill (jesus lizard and Laika and the Cosmonauts were the support ) in hindsight that was the only problem really besides the typical lack of record support.
Ouch that must have sucked for the band too. I guess the promotors figured after how they did on the Lollapalooza tour they would have been able to draw more people.
But you got to admit the Psalm 69 album kicked ass. Every song on that album is a classic. It is still by far one of my favorite albums.

KACHINA KEN
01-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Yeah and Filth pig had some really cool shit as well, it was never pushed by the record Co though because they though it would propel itself after the success of Psalm69 and it just didnt happen. I still believe you gotta give the public their monies worth at a concert though, at 35-50 bucks they dont want to see just one cool band y'know?
Ouch that must have sucked for the band too. I guess the promotors figured after how they did on the Lollapalooza tour they would have been able to draw more people.
But you got to admit the Psalm 69 album kicked ass. Every song on that album is a classic. It is still by far one of my favorite albums.

KACHINA KEN
01-07-2006, 03:55 PM
I just had my meeting with Al Jourgensen and his wife Angie. Everything was great and we were exchanging ideas and then we get to the point of commiting and I find out that we arent 100% because they are still waiting to find out if Andreas from Sepultura is going to be their new guitarist or not, how would that affect me you may ask well good question. It seems Andreas must use his own guitar tech which makes them have to tighten up their budget making them bump one of their gtr techs to Production and I dont know what that means about lights. But basically I have to sit and wait, never thought my job would hinge on a guitarist. Oh well we'll just have to wait and see.

KACHINA KEN
01-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Does this mean you'd miss the entire boating season?
half of it, the hottest part :p

KACHINA KEN
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Awesome. :D I forgot you were in Phoenix, where you can boat until the first week of December. :D
Im going tomorrow actually :p

Brian Ray
01-08-2006, 09:53 AM
I saw them in ’91 or ’92 (can’t remember) at the Universal Amphitheater….opening bands were Sepultura and Helmet. Had to be one of the loudest concerts I’ve ever been to. My ears were ringing for a few days afterward. Still probably one of the best concerts I’ve been to.
Anyone remember the album Ministry with Sympathy...came out in '83 :) Before he got all hardcore.....
My personal fav' is the album The Land of Rape and Honey. :skull:

Havasu Hangin'
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I saw them in ’91 or ’92 (can’t remember) at the Universal Amphitheater….opening bands were Sepultura and Helmet. Had to be one of the loudest concerts I’ve ever been to. My ears were ringing for a few days afterward. Still probably one of the best concerts I’ve been to.
Anyone remember the album Ministry with Sympathy...came out in '83 :) Before he got all hardcore.....
My personal fav' is the album The Land of Rape and Honey. :skull:
Yep...I saw them at the Roxy? in the late 80's (I was very young and drunk back then)...
"In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up"...I have it on CD and VHS.

SDLifesaver
01-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I would love to go to the San Diego show at HOB. Ministry is one of my favorite 80's bands.

KACHINA KEN
05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
FYI i am not on this tour, Ministry did not have the $$$ to occupy 4 months of my life.

AZJD
05-09-2006, 06:14 PM
FYI i am not on this tour, Ministry did not have the $$$ to occupy 4 months of my life.
I happen to know a few more reasons for not skipping town, and I know her name! lol

hoolign
05-09-2006, 06:15 PM
So much for partien at the Commodore :rollside:

KACHINA KEN
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
So much for partien at the Commodore :rollside:
Nah, go anyhow it will be a riot with REVCO, AZJD hit on it though. You gotta pay me a shit-ton of money to get me to leave my life in town nowadays.