PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about STV boats?

SD MIKEY
09-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Is this a boat that could handle Havasu or is it to small? Im talking about the Euro ski, 19' with an outboard. What is your feeling about it and how it handles, turns, and over other wakes from other boats?

rude235
09-14-2002, 11:11 PM
go to lasvegas***boats.com and look for stvkeith. he's got an stv but it's not the euro. i know he runs on mead, mojave, parker and havasu. he could give you some first hand knowledge.

SD MIKEY
09-15-2002, 10:53 AM
I went over there and looked at his rig, nice. I was thinking more about the 4 seater.

Party Cat
09-15-2002, 11:47 AM
Keith will probably be back online late tonight or tommorrow. He's out at the Gold Rush Race in Nevada. Here's another STV site to keep ya busy til then. http://www.stvowners.com

SD MIKEY
09-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Hey Party Cat thanks for the site! Thats a great site and it has a lot of answers for the questions I was think of.
Im thinking about buying one of the rigs and thats why I was asking, Thanks

HavasuDreamin'
09-16-2002, 06:23 AM
Great boats, fast, handle nicely, well made, and fast.........did I say that. I would not consider them good rough water boats though. If you plan to run on Havasu, Mead, Powell, etc. on the weekends, I would consider something a bit bigger.

STV_Keith
09-16-2002, 10:59 AM
The guys are right...a 19' lightweight boat is not the best choice if you want to go run in the big open water of Mead/Havasu on the bumpy days.
I've been to Mead quite a few times this season and only 1 weekend had to keep it below 80mph (4-people and some big waves).
An STV is not the dryest ride either, but if you're looking for go-fast at a fairly inexpensive price, these are the best of the best in the small boat arena.

HavasuDreamin'
09-16-2002, 12:20 PM
SD Mikey.............there was a teal and white STV rigged by DCB advertised in the boat trader over the summer.........the guy started off at $15K and was down I believe as low as $12K. It has a 2.5L Merc and is real clean according to my dad who went to see the boat. I am not sure if it is still for sale, but I can get you a number if you would like, just let me know. Good Luck

OOfatso
09-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Hey Havasu Dreamin'
Kind of felt like your a nice guy so I shot ya a "5 Star" rating to cheer you up today.... Good info!!!
OOfatso
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

OOfatso
09-16-2002, 03:55 PM
HavasuDreamin':
Great boats, fast, handle nicely, well made, and fast.........did I say that. I would not consider them good rough water boats though. If you plan to run on Havasu, Mead, Powell, etc. on the weekends, I would consider something a bit bigger.Hey Guy's,
One of my friend's had a yellow one with, I think it was a 2.5 and he even had NOS!!!! I think that he told me he was seeing triple digits with 2 people on board! Man that must have been a sh*tting in your pants ride!
OOfatso
eek! eek! eek! eek!

SD MIKEY
09-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Yes Havasu Dreamin send me the info, please.
STV Keith "An STV is not the dryest ride" What do you mean, not the dryest ride? I thought with the freeboard and riding up high would be pretty dry. Do you mean when its rough? What should I be looking for, anything special to keep a look out for, cracks, leaks, etc?
Anyone know what the output of the charging system on the 1995 2.5 260hp offshore?

HavasuDreamin'
09-17-2002, 07:14 AM
SD Mikey..........I will look up the phone number tonight and post it tomorrow (btw, the boat is not the Euro, it is the same style as Keiths'). I believe STV Keith was referring to water coming over the front if it is "real" rough. You will have that with any 18' - 20' tunnel on Havasu or Mead, etc. where the water is "big." If you can make it out during the week at all, or for an extended weekend (non-holiday), I think you will find the STV to be an incredible boat. On the other hand, and I can't emphasize this enough (as I have a 19' Daytona), if you are primarily a Havasu weekend warrior, I would strongly recommend a bigger boat. In the O/B thread, someone is trying to sell a 21' Liberator. This would work better in the rougher water.
I'll post that number in the morning......
OOfatso..........thanks for the starts! :D

SD MIKEY
09-17-2002, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the info but Im only interested in the Euro. Got wife and kid.

HavasuDreamin'
09-17-2002, 08:14 AM
SD MIKEY:
Thanks for the info but Im only interested in the Euro. Got wife and kid.This style of boat seats 4. Two buckets up front and a bench out back. Very similar style to the Mirage Jaguar. Let me know?
PS.....you sure you are not going to scare the wife to death?

randy77zt
09-17-2002, 08:02 PM
i have a 4 seat mirage with a 96 2.5 260.boat handles wind chop ok but wakeboard boat wakes are not welcome.anything over about 8" to 1' at speed is the most you can handle.it takes awhile to recognize if its slow down or get the front up and fly over it.most of the 2.5 engines only have 14 amp charge off of flywheel but the merc website shows some of the new 280hp motors with a 60a belt driven alternator.i havent been short of juice but i dont run any extras.alot of the mirage /stv boats are used for drag racing but i use mine for exploring the delta in north ca.its the fastest boat my wallet can handle but a bigger boat might be better on havasu-like a 22dcb with twin 280.

SD MIKEY
09-17-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info once again, looking at boat tomorrow and we will see what its all about. It may not be what the guy said it is or it may have some issues. I was thinking of a fun boat, may need a two battery set up.

KAPTAIN KIRK
09-18-2002, 06:27 PM
You want fun get a Rapid Craft Riot !!

SD MIKEY
09-18-2002, 07:23 PM
Just bought it! I hope its fun! Motor seems to be a little rich, its EFI and he runs it 32:1. All of the plugs were wet and it didn't seem to be as clean on the top as it could be.

HavasuDreamin'
09-19-2002, 05:57 AM
SD MIKEY:
Just bought it! I hope its fun! Motor seems to be a little rich, its EFI and he runs it 32:1. All of the plugs were wet and it didn't seem to be as clean on the top as it could be.Just bought what..........STV? More details........enquiring minds want to know... :confused:

Jimboat
09-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Check out the performance article on the STV Euro 19 (http://www.aeromarineresearch.com/articles.html#Performance Test) using the high performance evaluation software.

SD MIKEY
09-19-2002, 11:10 PM
Yes just bought a STV Euro, taking it out this weekend to see what its all about and how well it handles.

SD MIKEY
09-23-2002, 10:43 PM
Love it! Just need to get the motor and prop dialed in!