PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick help installing new carb!

Fool Throttle
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I just got a holley 830 double pump and am installing it to replace my holley 600. the 600 had a vaccum line coming off the front of the carb and going to the distributor but my new carb has no place to hook a vaccume line up to???? What am i supposed to do here? Also, My old carb had a 3/8" hose going into the EGR valve on top of the valve cover but there isnt a place to hook this up either. Please help. Im trying to get this boat running by tomorrow.
Jay

poncho-pwr
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
You will have to find an alternative vacuum source. The easiest thing to do would be to buy a carb spacer and drill and tap it for a barbed fitting of some sort to hook your lines to. You should be able to get everything you need at a local parts store like Advanced, O'riely, Autozone. Here is an example
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MRG%2D6005&N=400330+302855+115&autoview=sku . You should be able to find one that already has a vacuum port on it if you look hard enough though.

SoggyJet
06-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Sounds like you have a car engine in that boat - no marine motor I know of has an EGR valve. For the EGR Valve just leave it, no vaccuum hose, you do not need it and it kills power.
Second marine distributors do not use vaccuum advance. Since you have an automotive distributor, and your total advance will require the vaccuum you can get by the way Poncho-Pwr suggested.
Doug

roostwear
06-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Don't sweat it. Set your total advance to what it was before. This will bring your initial advance up and (hopefully) not create a problem cranking it over. Adjust your idle speed and mixture and take it for a spin. You may actually get a little more bottom end out of it.

DelawareDave
06-24-2006, 05:57 AM
I just got a holley 830 double pump and am installing it to replace my holley 600. Also, My old carb had a 3/8" hose going into the EGR valve on top of the valve cover but there isnt a place to hook this up either. Jay
Do you mean PCV? EGR is in the intake manifold, not the valve cover.

Fool Throttle
06-25-2006, 07:37 AM
Do you mean PCV? EGR is in the intake manifold, not the valve cover.
Yeah, I meant PVC. i got it thanks guys.