PDA

View Full Version : No diesel fuel for 2007 trucks!!

BoatPI
06-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Look at the pumps, from Canada to the USA, the current fuel CANNOT be used in 2007 trucks! I think the lower sulfur stuff will be out by 10-22-06. Really odd... Anyone with input?

Trailer Park Casanova
06-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Flying J will have it this fall.

bigq
07-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Look at the pumps, from Canada to the USA, the current fuel CANNOT be used in 2007 trucks! I think the lower sulfur stuff will be out by 10-22-06. Really odd... Anyone with input?
I thought it said pre 2007 trucks?????? Why would new gas not be used in newer trucks....odd.

OCMerrill
07-16-2006, 04:26 PM
New trucks fave very specific emissions that go hand in hand with the newest fuels and cannot be run with the old stuff. MBZ and others have the engines in production and sold elsewhere. They just need the new stuff in place to get going here. Cummins will have a totally re-worked engine for this stuff, Duramax is ready I read. Ford (International) will have a redesigned engine for this stuff as well.
As far as the older units running on the new stuff...I have herd all kinds of junk from no issue to Bad :mad:
I have three box turcks that I will use lucas fuel lubricator from the day it starts. I really dont want to loose an injustor pump. $$$$$$$$$
New fuel :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Patyacht
07-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I called Dodge last week and they said the old trucks 2006 and earlier can run the current and new fuel with no problems. It's the new trucks 2007 model that can't run the current fuel which is soon to become the old fuel and removed from the road starting 2007. Shell already has the notices on their pumps.

victorfb
07-17-2006, 10:55 AM
the sticker reads 2007 and later vehicles. which to me means 2007 and newer.
i ran a couple tanks of the new stuff and didnt see much differance except i started smelling what seemed to be burning oil every now and then, like it was dripping on the exhaust. every time i stopped i would smell it. i looked and looked and couldnt find a leak anywere. no drips on concrete, no messy parts under the hood or truck, nothing. then i started useing an additive and the smell was gone. its bad enough diesel prices have over doubled, but now we also NEED to run an additive? that sucks. a buddy of mine is giving me a case of MOTUL, anyone run this stuff? what is a good additive for mostly so-cal driving?

kp216
07-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I don't know about Motul, but I've started adding Power Service Diesel Kleen to my 99 Dodge Cummins.
It might have been all in my head (as my wife often accuses me :) ) but I filled up an almost empty tank with the new stuff (and no additive) a while back while I was double towing my 28' 5th wheel with the 18' jet on the back, and the performance/fuel mileage on that tank was horrible. :mad:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Hopefully it's like unleaded and leaded. The cars that used to run on the leaded gas can run on both, but the newer cars took unleaded only.
Dang! I just realized that anyone under 30 probably doesn't even know what leaded gas is!!! :cry:

shadow
07-18-2006, 06:16 AM
Hopefully it's like unleaded and leaded. The cars that used to run on the leaded gas can run on both, but the newer cars took unleaded only.
Dang! I just realized that anyone under 30 probably doesn't even know what leaded gas is!!! :cry:
Thats the case.Diesel fuel "Now" has more sulfur content,this is going to be cut down/removed for the new diesels in 07.will not effect the previous models but will not work in 07 & newer.No need to worry cause the old stuff won't be available.

Essex29
07-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Is that like Ethyl? :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Is that like Ethyl? :)
No, Ethyl was on "I Love Lucy" :p

OldYeller
07-18-2006, 03:51 PM
From what I understand, taking the sulfur out of the diesel will be better for the engines in the long run. Something about the sulfur is actually abrasive to the engine. Then again somone could have been giving me a line of bull****. But if this is true, we should see longer life out of the engines. Who knows?????