PDA

View Full Version : Hall & Oates SUCK!!!!!!

Boatcop
06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
Not their music. Them personally.
Went to their concert at Harrah's last night. Got into the venue at about 8:30 for the 9:00 concert. 9:00 came and went. No band. 9:15...no band. 9:30.... crowd's getting restless. No one has come on stage to explain the delay. Nothing. Just replaying the same 3 tired Motown songs over and over.
Finally about 9:40 John Oates comes on stage and announces that they are cancelling the concert for health reasons. The band is sick. The opening act is sick. Darryl Hall has Lymes disease. etc.
They cancelled a concert there last year, too.
Looks to me like they didn't want to perform in the heat and/or were too hung over to do so. Even with the swamp coolers that were set up all over the stage for them.
Fock them!
I'd be pissed, if I wasn't comped the tickets in the first place. But on the bright side, I got to stay at Harrah's for a couple of nights, also comped, and came home with more $$$$ in my pocket than I left with.
So the weekend wasn't a total loss. :D

BajaMike
06-24-2006, 02:55 PM
ya...that just sucks!!
Which Harrahs was it at??

doesitfloat?
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Not their music. Them personally.
Went to their concert at Harrah's last night. Got into the venue at about 8:30 for the 9:00 concert. 9:00 came and went. No band. 9:15...no band. 9:30.... crowd's getting restless. No one has come on stage to explain the delay. Nothing. Just replaying the same 3 tired Motown songs over and over.
Finally about 9:40 John Oates comes on stage and announces that they are cancelling the concert for health reasons. The band is sick. The opening act is sick. Darryl Hall has Lymes disease. etc.
They cancelled a concert there last year, too.
Looks to me like they didn't want to perform in the heat and/or were too hung over to do so. Even with the swamp coolers that were set up all over the stage for them.
Fock them!
I'd be pissed, if I wasn't comped the tickets in the first place. But on the bright side, I got to stay at Harrah's for a couple of nights, also comped, and came home with more $$$$ in my pocket than I left with.
So the weekend wasn't a total loss. :D
Yeah, it sucks that they're human and get sick like the rest of us. :yuk: :rollside:

Dusty Times
06-24-2006, 04:05 PM
It would have sucked for me for them too wait until everyone gets hot and restless before the gather up the balls to call in sick. :cry:

Boatcop
06-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Harrah's Laughlin.
It wasn't so much they they "said" they had health issues.
It was that they left the crowd sitting for 40 minutes wondering what the hell was going on.
They're supposed to play at Lake Las Vegas tonight. We'll see if they have one of those miraculous recoveries.

NoCal NoBoat
06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Boatcop -
Website shows them "CANCELLED" tonight in Henderson, NV with no apology, reason given, whatever...
"Blog" hasn't been updated since 5/31...
Sorry for your trouble. Glad you came out ahead with Harrah's...

RitcheyRch
06-24-2006, 04:24 PM
They should have cancelled the concert earlier. I'm sure they were sick all day and knew earlier in the day that they woudnt be preforming.

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Maybe it was the "Maneater".

MagicMtnDan
06-24-2006, 05:50 PM
That's the most disrespectful thing I've ever heard of :D

3 daytona`s
06-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Had friends who wanted me to go over last evening and couldn`t.They said it was HOT and the crowd was HOT I guess the paid ticket holders got big COMPS.I feel sorry for Harrah`s they went to alot to work,expense,I`m thinking Hall and Oats are off the Harrah`s list for ever. :rolleyes:

shueman
06-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Steve Miller did this TWICE on me....but, at least he'd try to play, then walk off.... :crossx:

Rod-64
06-24-2006, 08:02 PM
At least Sam Kinison had a good excuse when I had great seats for him in Laughlin........He did what Aaron Spleeing did. :crossx:
R.I.P. Sam