PDA

View Full Version : Fountain Video

GRUNION
06-24-2006, 07:12 PM
mms://media.offshoreonly.com/OSOTV/2006JaxPokerRun.wmv

ECeptor
06-24-2006, 07:36 PM
That's all over OSO. The owner of Speed Racer called out Reggie and told him to be at the LOTO shootout and then see who's on top.
Kind of a punk move by Reggie - show up to a poker run, act like it's a real race, then make a publicity video out of it.
LOTO shootout is the perfect venue to show what you've got. But, I doubt either Reggie or Speed Racer would be able to touch Callen.

Havasu Hangin'
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Kind of a punk move by Reggie - show up to a poker run, act like it's a real race, then make a publicity video out of it.
Not that I would bad-mouth the V-bottom guys...but I agree.
Showing up with a full-race boat and beating up on a pleasure boat doesn't impress me much. That would be like Callen showing up at Desert Storm and bragging that he beat Jay's boat.
Apples to oranges.

ECeptor
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
....That would be like Callen showing up at Desert Storm and bragging that he beat Jay's boat.
Apples to oranges.
Yep. Callen could show up at pretty much any lake or ocean and whip anyone and everyone.

Warlockjer
06-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Reggie is a piece of crap and besides that he has real ugly hair :yuk:

OGShocker
06-24-2006, 08:43 PM
My son walked in while Reggie was in the screen and yells..... "ELVIS"! :D

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 10:46 AM
yes there is definatly alot of :cry: over this video. but whoever says its not a race to the first card stop is full of it.

Havasu Hangin'
06-25-2006, 11:27 AM
yes there is definatly alot of :cry: over this video. but whoever says its not a race to the first card stop is full of it.
But there are alot of factors most people don't take into account:
- Like the fact that a pleasure boat doesn't have a full canopy (like Rio Roses or CRC) so the owner needs to be that much more careful.
- Like the fact that most race boats are sponsored (like Rio Roses or CRC) which makes breaking equipment a little less painful.
- Like the fact that the pleasure boat may have the engines de-tuned to run on pump gas (like Speed-Racer did) since he had passengers onboard and didn't plan on wringing it out.
- Like the fact that since Speed-Racer is up for sale, the owner may not have wanted to flog the equipment that particular Poker Run.
Like I said...apples to oranges.
Saying that Rio Roses is a "Cat-Killer" based on one poker run makes about as much sense as calling my Cig a "Skater-Killer" since I beat KROOZIN to all the card stops at Desert Storm in 2005.
:supp:

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Dont get me wrong I dont think that fountain is by any means the cat killer. Just saying there is a bunch of crying and whining about it. and also everyone of the big boys that show up to a poker run will try to get to the first stop first.

Charley
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Although HH states many good points (for once :D ) One point alone is enough to call this promo Video BS, if speed racer has "passengers" in his boat and the owner of Speed racer has the good sense to respect the livelyhood of those passengers enough NOT to drive on the edge and push an ego driven race on a poker run course, well then I give him alot of credit.
Set both boat's motors on kill and put Reggie+1 in one boat and the owner of speed racer+1 in the other and lets see what happens with a fair fight....showing up with race bred drivers and throttlemen in a race boat, racing a detuned pleasure boat with everyday people on it and then making a promo video out of it is chicken$hit, even for Reggie.

Fast Freddy
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
"bye bye pussycat"

Havasu Hangin'
06-25-2006, 01:46 PM
"bye bye pussycat"
Easy there, "Cig Killer".
:notam:

Panic Button
06-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Easy there, "Cig Killer".
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gifhttp://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rollinglaugh.gif

moneypit
06-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Didnt Reggie say that the cat didnt go to the card stop and waited to run against the Fountain?? Seems like the Cat was asking for it. It would be nice to hear his side of the story.
Maybe Fast Fredyy could blow all their doors off... :yuk:

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 02:24 PM
If you want the other side of the story go to oso. Be prepared for a long read.

Charley
06-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Didnt Reggie say that the cat didnt go to the card stop and waited to run against the Fountain?? Seems like the Cat was asking for it. It would be nice to hear his side of the story.
Maybe Fast Fredyy could blow all their doors off... :yuk:
You act like everything Reggie says in that video is the truth.... that Video is edited, no it's butchered into a Fountain AD.... the driver of speed racer even claims he drove 2 circles around the Fountain and asked where that footage was.... 2 sides to every story, the truth usually lies in between....... likely a little further from Reggie's mouth though http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0050.gif

moneypit
06-25-2006, 05:18 PM
You act like everything Reggie says in that video is the truth.... that Video is edited, no it's butchered into a Fountain AD.... the driver of speed racer even claims he drove 2 circles around the Fountain and asked where that footage was.... 2 sides to every story, the truth usually lies in between....... likely a little further from Reggie's mouth though http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/fighting/fighting0050.gif
Thats funny you act like the driver of Speed Racer is telling truth also. Also I didnt "act like everything Reggie said is the truth. Could it be possible that some of it is false? Yup. Can some of it be BS? Yup

Havasu Hangin'
06-25-2006, 05:29 PM
All you have to do is a little math. I believe the Rio Fountain has had a best of 160MPH (Kilo run- light fuel load)? That Speed Racer MTI with 1550 Sterlings has been around 170 MPH, and should be over 180MPH if the driver decided to push it.
However, it looks like the Speed Racer boat was not making a promotional video that day...just taking some folks for a ride.

Havasu Cig
06-25-2006, 05:36 PM
I believe Reggie ran 177 in Rio Roses when he set the V bottom record, but the Bacardi Skater ran 202 (with a best around 210 from what I heard). That about puts the "Cat Killer" comments to rest. If he shows up at LOTO he will get spanked by more than one cat...

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 05:52 PM
177 is crazy for a v

Havasu Hangin'
06-25-2006, 06:02 PM
177 is crazy for a v
Yes...177MPH is haulin the mail in a V...but a Kilo is different than a Poker Run. A thousand punds of gas makes a big difference.
With that setup at LOTO...I imagine that boat would just be getting on plane as it went through the traps.

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Yes...177MPH is haulin the mail in a V...but a Kilo is different than a Poker Run. A thousand punds of gas makes a big difference.
With that setup at LOTO...I imagine that boat would just be getting on plane as it went through the traps.
Dont belive they run there boats at loto. and I would think the only place they would want to try to run the big cats would be in open waters. But I could be wrong.

PHOTOGLOU
06-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Not that I would bad-mouth the V-bottom guys...but I agree.
Showing up with a full-race boat and beating up on a pleasure boat doesn't impress me much. That would be like Callen showing up at Desert Storm and bragging that he beat Jay's boat.
Apples to oranges.
Hey how did I get drug into this...... SOON I'll be calling Havasu Hangin out :yuk:

slowinhavasu
06-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Age old question...how did my little VW put that big block chevy on the trailer.....right horse power, at the right time.....
Lets face it, it's a fine line between race boat and poker run boat, ask Mike from CRC, horse power in the race boat VS horse power in the poker run boat...might suprise you....
Any story can be written from one side of the fence, but they allways seem to differ , depending on which side your on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

a catered life
06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
is it me or does reggie fountain look a lot like al davis :p

Havasu Hangin'
06-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey how did I get drug into this...... SOON I'll be calling Havasu Hangin out :yuk:
If your 32' boat (with a big swimstep and more HP) can't beat my true 35'...
...you better check the timing on those motors.
:D

Magic34
06-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm really impressed what the 47 gets for speed, but HP for HP a cat is faster.
Not talking about the west coast cats, but the racing cats like Skater, MTI, etc. I like to see a V kicking a$$, but that was lame....
120 boats at a poker run is a good size, but there are much larger ones where bigger boats show with more power and Desert Storm is one of them and many of the boats know who is showing with big power and fast speeds.
I have got to get to LOTO this year. Sounds like a good call out event. Evil-E, we still in??? :crossx: I think we can get a Freightliner for the drive too.

Charley
06-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Not talking about the west coast cats, but the racing cats like Skater, MTI, etc. .
:rolleyes: ... you put 2 x 1550 sterlings and 6's in a 32 DCB or 36 Daytona they would likely be as fast as a bigger east coast cat or a 47' Fountain ...good gracious!

Magic34
06-25-2006, 08:57 PM
:rolleyes: ... you put 2 x 1550 sterlings and 6's in a 32 DCB or 36 Daytona they would likely be as fast as a bigger east coast cat or a 47' Fountain ...good gracious!
A 32' DCB with twin 1000 HP is just as fast as a 32' Skater with the same HP?
Not trying to be an ass, just asking??? Either way, HP for HP and similar size, the cat shoud be faster every time.

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I know he may have jumped the start by a few seconds, but I do recall a certain 'V' making it first to the first card stop at Desert Storm 2006 WAY ahead of all of the cats !! :)

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 09:03 PM
I know he may have jumped the start by a few seconds, but I do recall a certain 'V' making it first to the first card stop at Desert Storm 2006 WAY ahead of all of the cats !! :)
what?

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Although HH states many good points (for once :D ) One point alone is enough to call this promo Video BS, if speed racer has "passengers" in his boat and the owner of Speed racer has the good sense to respect the livelyhood of those passengers enough NOT to drive on the edge and push an ego driven race on a poker run course, well then I give him alot of credit.
Set both boat's motors on kill and put Reggie+1 in one boat and the owner of speed racer+1 in the other and lets see what happens with a fair fight....showing up with race bred drivers and throttlemen in a race boat, racing a detuned pleasure boat with everyday people on it and then making a promo video out of it is chicken$hit, even for Reggie.
Speed Racer = detuned pleasure boat ??!!?? :idea: :confused:

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:05 PM
what?
what, what ??
CRC, is this news to you ?? :idea: :D
maybe CRC is a cat, but always looks like a 'V' to me :hammerhea

GRUNION
06-25-2006, 09:19 PM
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l7391.jpg what, what ??
CRC being a v is news to me.

Magic34
06-25-2006, 09:22 PM
what, what ??
Jack A$$. Enter a battle of wits unarmed. :crossx:
I thought you were talking about your V being the first to the card stop to watch. :p

INSman
06-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I need another drink, WTF was I thinking ??!!?? :220v: :jawdrop: :D
I was just trying to get a reaction, and both you and grunion took the bait, hook line & sinker :)

ECeptor
06-26-2006, 04:52 AM
Dont belive they run there boats at loto. and I would think the only place they would want to try to run the big cats would be in open waters. But I could be wrong.
The big cats come to the LOTO Shootout. Callen Marine, Bacardi Silver, etc.
If you want to win at LOTO, you need +200mph. And it's a long enough run that Rio Roses would be easily on plane.

GRUNION
06-26-2006, 09:00 AM
I was saying fountain doesnt show up.

laveydayz
06-26-2006, 09:09 AM
What is up with Reggie's do??? Think with his $$$ he could get something that looks a little better than that?

h2oski2fast
06-26-2006, 03:56 PM
True, and a Kilo run is way different then a LOTO run. Kilo you enter the traps at speed, where as LOTO is a standing start to one mile. Rio would actually have a better chance of reach it's top speed the then a cat would, but it still wouldn't be near the double century mark.

Charley
06-26-2006, 10:44 PM
A 32' DCB with twin 1000 HP is just as fast as a 32' Skater with the same HP?
Not trying to be an ass, just asking??? Either way, HP for HP and similar size, the cat shoud be faster every time.
Find out what the 32 Flat deck skater with vipers and bravos ran for top speed? I heard a rumour but I'm not posting it, I know the 32 Spectre with Vipers ran like 118-120... The first 32 in the water ran 122 right out of the box...DCB can hold it's own ;)
Speed Racer = detuned pleasure boat ??!!?? :idea: :confused:
Speed Racer was detuned for that trip from 3100 HP to like 2400 HP..... thats a detuned, and yes as a non canopied boat which I believe has no chutes or air is still a pleasure boat

ECeptor
06-27-2006, 07:25 AM
I was saying fountain doesnt show up.
Gotcha.
Speaking of LOTO, I heard there are some huge cruisers showing up that kick off some tremendous rollers. I've heard first hand about +50,000lb cruisers that throw off +8' rollers :eek: Add in the shear bluff shoreline and that's why the channel become so damn rough on busy weekends!
Offshore waters in the middle of Missouri...

Fast Freddy
06-27-2006, 07:53 AM
mms://media.offshoreonly.com/OSOTV/2006JaxPokerRun.wmv
the way that reggies boat accelerates from a slow roll is just cat killer.......

Jordy
06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Much like the Fast Freddy Cig killer thread, Speed Racer wasn't "racing" as has been pointed out to no end over on OSO. There have also been a few people who have really watched the "advertisement" and have noted spots where the "helicopta" stopped to give the appearance of the flower power boat really pulling away. Tricky photography, creative editing, it's all propoganda. But from a PR standpoint, even though people who understand boating and the difference between V's and cat's and know the whole deal is BS, it does have a few 20+ page threads going over on OSO and there are several threads about it over here. I'd say that Roy Orbison, I mean Reggie accomplished his goal. He got everyone talking about his boats. No such thing as bad publicity, right??? :D

Dave C
06-27-2006, 08:22 AM
No bad PR, just bad rugs... I mean hair-do's...
is it me or does Reggie look like a 70's era pimp?

Dave C
06-27-2006, 08:47 AM
bench racing is to the south. I hear they are kinda of territorial down there so bring your A-game. ;) ;)
Find out what the 32 Flat deck skater with vipers and bravos ran for top speed? I heard a rumour but I'm not posting it, I know the 32 Spectre with Vipers ran like 118-120... The first 32 in the water ran 122 right out of the box...DCB can hold it's own ;)

Havasu Cig
06-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Find out what the 32 Flat deck skater with vipers and bravos ran for top speed? I heard a rumour but I'm not posting it, I know the 32 Spectre with Vipers ran like 118-120... The first 32 in the water ran 122 right out of the box...DCB can hold it's own
According to some guys that own 32's (non flat deck) on OSO they are seeing a little above 120 with 575's and 6's, and about 130 with the same motors and bravo's. Could not find any with Vipers's but the 575 is rated at 550 hp so it gives you something to go on. DSM also had a 36 (non flat deck) with 500 EFI's and a cabin that ran 118 with 6's.

PHOTOGLOU
06-27-2006, 06:18 PM
If your 32' boat (with a big swimstep and more HP) can't beat my true 35'...
...you better check the timing on those motors.
:D
Sorry I always let a professional do that :argue:

pixrthis
06-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Much like the Fast Freddy Cig killer thread, Speed Racer wasn't "racing" as has been pointed out to no end over on OSO. There have also been a few people who have really watched the "advertisement" and have noted spots where the "helicopta" stopped to give the appearance of the flower power boat really pulling away. Tricky photography, creative editing, it's all propoganda. But from a PR standpoint, even though people who understand boating and the difference between V's and cat's and know the whole deal is BS, it does have a few 20+ page threads going over on OSO and there are several threads about it over here. I'd say that Roy Orbison, I mean Reggie accomplished his goal. He got everyone talking about his boats. No such thing as bad publicity, right??? :D
Bingo
The boat companies that put energy into racing programs push the technology forward faster than it would ever happen without them. We're all benefiting one way or another because they're willing to spend the money. Companies that don't race borrow ideas and sometimes improve on them. Makes it a win win for the rest of us.

Drift
06-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Faster boats, who needs faster boats?! I always thought that "***boat" refered to a boat being stolen... :skull:

Charley
06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Bingo
The boat companies that put energy into racing programs push the technology forward faster than it would ever happen without them. We're all benefiting one way or another because they're willing to spend the money. Companies that don't race borrow ideas and sometimes improve on them. Makes it a win win for the rest of us.
Dont encourage !! please never post "Bingo" after a Jordy post, it turns a nice little girl into a postwh0re :D
btw yer post was a good point!

Jordy
06-27-2006, 11:34 PM
btw yer post was a good point!
Of course it was, it was agreeing with mine BI-ATCH!!!! :D :D :D