PDA

View Full Version : It all came together today

Mighty Thor
06-24-2006, 08:18 PM
The pictures mostly say it all, but I will add, that the tired old lLncoln Continental 460 with nothing done but bolt on the marine parts ran a top speed of 51 mph on the GPS turnning a AA impeller. Couldn't get to 4000 rpm and I couldn't be happier. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2121Fineday2.jpg
The Son drove a little
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2121Dans_day.jpg
My daughter likes to spend a little us time.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2121Fineday.jpg

canuck1
06-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Thor
Where do you boat at? I am not that far from you

Mighty Thor
06-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Thor
Where do you boat at? I am not that far from you
This was right here in town on the Missouri River in Great Falls, Mt. The only bad thing that happned all day was we found the edge of a sandbar that was about 50 yards down river from where it was two weeks ago. About 82 degrees today and sun sun sun. went swiming, ate some burgers, floated with some other boats and made new friends. All for the price of a tank of gas.
:D

Hardin18454
06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Isnt the boating life a great one!

El Prosecutor
06-24-2006, 09:50 PM
This was right here in town on the Missouri River in Great Falls, Mt. The only bad thing that happned all day was we found the edge of a sandbar that was about 50 yards down river from where it was two weeks ago. About 82 degrees today and sun sun sun. went swiming, ate some burgers, floated with some other boats and made new friends. All for the price of a tank of gas.
:D
What a great day! The boat is looking good too. Congrats on a project well done.
I spent most of the day installing a ceiling fan and running wires in the attic, but hope to have a day like yours real soon. We are running in the 100's this week though- Maybe 110 tomorrow!

Mighty Thor
06-25-2006, 07:54 AM
What a great day! The boat is looking good too. Congrats on a project well done.
I spent most of the day installing a ceiling fan and running wires in the attic, but hope to have a day like yours real soon. We are running in the 100's this week though- Maybe 110 tomorrow!
Oh man, I have been in the attic on a hot day, there is nothing more miserable than having to work in a tight stuffy space in horrendous heat. And It seems like you always have to wrestle with about 50 pounds of Insulation. :yuk: Hope the fan cools you off a little.

kilroybay
06-25-2006, 08:59 AM
steve, i should probably break down and post some pics and stuff over here.
glad to hear that she is giving you some fun on the river.
kilroybay

SmokinLowriderSS
06-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Congrats on the success Thor, looked great. I plan to finally get mine wet this next week (test run(s)) before spending the weekend running her hard in Okla for the holliday weekend (all 4 days). I'm still gluing carpet, have 1 remaining area of gel to polish, and am gonna have the 454 dropped in within an hour.

Mighty Thor
06-25-2006, 11:16 AM
steve, i should probably break down and post some pics and stuff over here.
glad to hear that she is giving you some fun on the river.
kilroybay
Yeah, I was gonna share on CGOA but its down again. I finally have stuff working pretty well. At least the pump is now tight enough that I couldn't pull more than about 3500 rpm. With the old impeller and the sick motor I was spinning things to about 4800 which tells me I was cavitating more than I was spraying. When my heads are finally done the new motor will probably put this boat firmly in the 60 mph range.