PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

CRACKWHORE
06-25-2006, 07:23 AM
I need ideas on how to run my generator exhaust out of my boat. I have a Honda 2000 gen that I would like to run in the motor compartment with a water jacketed exhaust. Is this a good idea? My stereo dies after about 5 hours on bat. power and I here the generator is the way to go. I bought a ap-90 power supply (Ithink thats what it is called)and the gen because that seems to be what everyone says is the best way to go. Shockwavebob seems to know his stuff, if you read this am I on the right path? Thanx to any help.

DILLIGAF
06-25-2006, 07:32 AM
I need ideas on how to run my generator exhaust out of my boat. I have a Honda 2000 gen that I would like to run in the motor compartment with a water jacketed exhaust. Is this a good idea? My stereo dies after about 5 hours on bat. power and I here the generator is the way to go. I bought a ap-90 power supply (Ithink thats what it is called)and the gen because that seems to be what everyone says is the best way to go. Shockwavebob seems to know his stuff, if you read this am I on the right path? Thanx to any help.
WFS and SWB did my install. They put in an exhaust hose to send the exhaust out the side of the boat. They secured the generator to a plate and then strapped it from there. I think it is the 75 PS that I have. The generator is fed directly from the gas tank on the boat via an electric fuel pump and a t-valve I open up/close. Works very well and I am extremely happy with it. We were able to run off of the second fuel nipple as my boat has two feeds off the gas tank for twins. I only have one engine so the other was available to be used. In conjunction with all of that I have (2) oddesey batteries (forgot the model #'s) but I have played it for 10 hours but eventually did run out of juice. The generator can charge the batteries when the stereo is not in use but can't charge while using it as my stereo draws a lot of power. One thing I will do from here on out is plug in my power supply directly to dock power at the dock to recharge everything by the next AM. Make sure you have a good fan under the engine hatch to turn on when the generator is running and the boat is still to get rid of some of that heat from under the hatch.
Hope that helps.

CRACKWHORE
06-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey guys I appreciate the advice. I am going to give SWB's trick a try first before I decide if i want to spend the money making a water jacketed exhaust. Thanx again :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: