PDA

View Full Version : Rub Rail help!

only650hp
06-25-2006, 07:29 AM
I've been seeing a lot of Hot Boats with really trick looking rub rails. So trick that from a distance or a quick glance it looks as if there is no rub rail at all. Does anyone on know where I can get this type of rub rail? It looks like a type of rub rail that can be painted to match. I've also seen really cool looking anodized versions with no rubber insert, just can't find where to order from. Any ideas on where I can order from? Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

78hallett-ss
01-20-2007, 08:51 AM
i bought all new stainless from L&L marine in corona. they are on the web. they distribute most of the moldings to the boat shops around. they have a pretty big selection.

DUCKY
01-22-2007, 01:46 PM
What you have probably seen is the vinyl molding, painted to match. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to talk about the options. I can supply the molding, and paint to match if you would like.

nice and easy
01-25-2007, 03:01 PM
When I restored by Beismeyer, I had a few parts powder coated. One of them was the rub rail. It was coated red to match the boat paint. I got the
idea from Kaching Boats, they have most of their rub rails powder coated to
match the boat color. It has been 2 yrs and I am happy to report that there
are no scratches or dings. I recommend It.
Ron B.
Nice and Easy.

bocco
01-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Is it worth the trouble to fill all of the old holes before installing the new rub rail. And if so. What works best?

USCFAN
01-29-2007, 04:58 PM
What you have probably seen is the vinyl molding, painted to match. Feel free to give me a call if you would like to talk about the options. I can supply the molding, and paint to match if you would like.
Definately does excellent work.....

Waist Deep
02-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Regarding the rub rail, which is better, the rigid or flexible vinyl? i/m doing this on a 21' Daytona, so I've cou a few curves to deal with. Thanks

Ned S
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
It all bends well when you warm it up with a heat gun. When I did mine I had to order about 10' more than I needed and just did a couple of practice bends on the excess. It also helped to warm it up a bit when installing the insert on the 90deg. bends.
It was actually very easy, I did it with very little help.
Now on to the windshield. I hope lexan is as easy to deal with.

Classic Daycruiser
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Try this link:
www.rubrails.com

Boostedballs
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I've got the aluminum rails with black rubber. I think it is oem on 1975 Kona and it's in need of replacement. I can't tell from the cross section of the 'flexible vinyl' if it attaches with screws, or rivits or whatever.
One thing is for sure, I don't want the same stuff that's on there right now. AND, I'll be using those stainless nut plates inside that you use for wood to secure them. (provided the rails screw on)
I would like to see some solid urethane rails that screw on that will have caps that will plug the screw holes and be flush. Now that would be cool!