PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu City police chief appeals firing

ThongMagnet
06-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Lake Havasu City police chief appeals firing
Associated Press
Jun. 24, 2006 04:02 PM
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. - The former police chief in Lake Havasu City is appealing his firing to a state hearing officer.
City Manager Richard Kaffenberger terminated Chief John Alexander on June 9 following a weeks-long personnel investigation.
Alexander has requested the August 3 state hearing be open, offering the first public airing of issues that may have led to his firing. advertisement
Kaffenberger placed Alexander and Assistant Chief Randy McCaleb on paid leave April 28. McCaleb, a Lake Havasu City officer since 1979, retired May 11, declaring he was innocent of any wrongdoing but had just had enough.
The details of the investigation and the underlying issues have not been made public.
Alexander's attorney, Joe Lambert, said his client's legal rights have been violated.
"We're very pleased that it will be in public," Lambert said. "I have no doubt the hearing officer will be fair-minded."
Kaffenberger referred questions to City Attorney Paul Lenkowsky, who could not be reached for comment.
The hearing officer has no standing to order Alexander reinstated, but can make recommendations.

Kilrtoy
06-25-2006, 11:29 AM
WHat is the big secret. What did this guy allegedly do

Trailer Park Casanova
06-25-2006, 11:45 AM
WHat is the big secret. What did this guy allegedly do
That IS the question,, big red flag in my book.
Like I mention,, clever they did it just as the active citizens are outta town for the season.