PDA

View Full Version : droop snoot and ride plate

loudpipessavelives
06-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I just got back from the sunbury races, when i left they were still waiting the rain out, when i was there i saw that everyone has a droop and a ride plate does the ride plate effect steering at all? The boat is for pleasure and i want it to handle good but i want to get the nose out of the water when I really hammer on it. I also want to put a place diverter on the boat and cp preformance has everything for $600, is that a good deal? Does someone here have one that they would like to sell? does anybody have a droop snoot and/or a ride plate for a dominator pump that they are willing to sell? PM me

IMPATIENT 1
06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
divertors are the best pump upgrade for a lake boat!!!!!it'll ride nicer, plane faster, and who can forget about the rooster!

olbiezer
06-25-2006, 12:50 PM
jetboat performance had em for mid 500's the last time i looked.....that was about the best price i could find........beleave its jetboatperformance.com
woops just looked there are at 625 there now sorry.........

SmokinLowriderSS
06-25-2006, 12:55 PM
A ride plate should not alter the handling of the boat, unless maybe it's crooked. What it does mainly is give the boat a surface to support it when you rock it back with the diverter. That way you can get a stable, nose-higher attitude without a ton of porposing. They also make the boat holeshot flatter, preventing the boat from squatting it's stern into a hole on launch and then having to climb out of it.
The diverter is the A#1 best money you can spend on a jet, for speed AND all-purpose handling. Trim down in rougher water to reduce bouncing and porpose. Also trim down for a flat, fasat holeshot or when pulling skiiers from a start (especially a big slalom skiier). It seems to push harder, kinda like "traction". Trim it up to air it out in smoothee water. Even at cruising speeds the difference is noticable when the hull flies a bit.