PDA

View Full Version : Needing Words of Encouragment

Havasu Luvr
06-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, it was the fastest 2 wks and one of the hardest days ever to see my son leave yesterday for Ft Drum and is currently being assigned to the 10th Mountain LI Division 10th Aviation Brigade with either the 1-10 Aviation (attack) or the 2-10 Aviation (assult) Regiments. I have just about run out of juice to help myself & him emotionally. He's come home with mixed emotions of being proud for serving but also demoralized by the acts and words of a few who do not apreciate a soldiers efforts in affording the freedom WE ALL take for granted. I just wish some individuals would think before they exercise their right of freedom of speech and try to remember who protects those rights. I also find it hard to let go and let your babies grow-up and experience what life will offer. I just read that the 10th Aviation is in Iraq I am just lost for words and I guess I worry to much ! ! ! :mad: ....Sometimes life is funny and sometime life gets serious thanks for reading :(
Mel, I hope your weekend was a good one. Mike says he wishes we were out there with you this weekend :)

fat rat
06-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Just be proud for what they are doing..............they're in good hands! :cool:

MagicMtnDan
06-25-2006, 01:22 PM
God bless them and your family. I wish them the best of luck and hope they'll be unharmed in their service to this great country.

deltarat
06-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Be proud and stay strong in your faith. Your son is doing our country proud and I for one will tell you that I am proud of your son and everyone else who is fighting for our believes(sp).

topless
06-25-2006, 01:36 PM
These guys are in my prayers every single day. Don't think for a minute that they have more opposision than they have support. It's just that alot of people are araid to piblicly announce it. Your son is in my prayers and thoughts daily . You don't have to tell him this because he doesn't even know me but I thank him and all who are out there fighing for us each and every day.
Oh and everyone else can fock off.l

Big Bear
06-25-2006, 01:44 PM
David, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your son and all our boys everywhere putting their lives on the line to protect what most of us take for granted. I know you are proud of your son as well you should be. I am proud to call you my friend as you are one of the most down to earth, straight up, get along with everybody no matter who they are people I have met. You are my first real friend at the river and have made me feel welcome whenever I can get out there. I wish nothing but the best for you, Sandra and everybody you hold dear. Keep the faith my friend, as I know you will! It's in your nature!

Red Horse
06-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Doing a hard job is never easy. Even more so when the general population does not understand what it is you really do. People just hate to hate and that is wrong. A strong sense of duty on his part and on your part will go along way to combating these idiots that practice free speech but have no idea how really costly it is. Being a professional Soldier, Marine, Sailor, or Airman is a commitment of great proportion on that person and the family. It means being just a little bit better than the average person, being an ambassador to any and all and rising above. The people that poke fun and harass have no idea and could never even remotely connect with or have what it takes to do what he and millions of fine men and women do every day and some have done for years. Thinking about these encounters and having a canned prepared statement mentally ready can and will help. Next time you run into some, ask one their name. Then tell them that you will be sure to tell your son that so and so thanks him for protecting the freedoms that you have and so readily abuse. Or you can say that your Mom must be so proud, here in the States all comfortable while my son, a real man is off taking care of business. Even better yet, just keep going because these people don’t even deserve to talk to someone like you or your son. You are associated with the greatest military in the world. They are beneath you. In all cases, just walk away with your dignity intact. A high head goes a long way to disarming the enemy as they want to see you get frustrated and upset. If you do, go somewhere else. Also know he is doing what is right. Don’t listen to the media. Good time stories, building schools, helping people out and victories don’t sell well in this day and age so they are not going to tell you about it. Just read the letters and then draw your own conclusion. He will be fine and so will you. Tell him that what is doing is good, he knows it he just needs encouragement that is all. Some old NCO is going to mentor him and he will be back a different man and with a entirely different outlook on life and everything. Hope this helps. I have taken many young men into the field with me. Some are ready to go and some have mixed emotions about what their real pupose is. After a while it will be come real clear that he is doing good. You are supposed to be concerned. You are a parent, but he is going to be just fine. Tell him these things. :cool:

Kilrtoy
06-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Sometimes it is harder on the parents or oved ones than the person who is there. As long as he is in theater, keep yourself occupied and dont watch the news. We wish him and all the men and women the best and that they all come home.

Coach
06-25-2006, 02:33 PM
I coached a few good young men who have go into the service and 2 were at the academies. One is ready to make his trip to Iraq. He is a West Point grad and his dad is our head coach. His dad doesn't say much about it but I know it is on his mind. He just was sent to Jordan for a intro to the life, and is back close to home before he leaves. The one thing I have gotten form EVERY guy I have coached and is off to Iraq is like getting ready for a game (I don't want to trivialize this at all) but they feel they get to put their training to the test and use it. Many don't get it and many will not (talking about civilians) but these guys not only want to go but serve their country to the fullest. I know this does not make sense to many civilians but I am very damn proud to have been a part of these young mens lives and any group of men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line. I hope every American feels the same and if not put your money where your mouth is and get the hell out of America. GOD BLESS our troops and their safe return.

Silver
06-25-2006, 02:42 PM
What can one really say? It must be tough.....
I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. I AM THANKFUL FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN THAT SERVE US WELL.
For those that don't respect what they are doing....you better think twice......you are one lucky SOB to live in this country...DO NOT FORGET THOSE THAT STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHT TO JUST BE HERE, AND ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck.......

Charley
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Good bless you both, IMHO your job as a parent is only slightly easier and less of a sacrafice...Be proud, we will be thankful :D

sam pioske
06-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Of coarse you worry about your son, I thank your son for serving--and also want him and the others to return Safe to their familys and loved ones. God bless the USA and F--- the rest

76ANTHONY
06-25-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, it was the fastest 2 wks and one of the hardest days ever to see my son leave yesterday for Ft Drum and is currently being assigned to the 10th Mountain LI Division 10th Aviation Brigade with either the 1-10 Aviation (attack) or the 2-10 Aviation (assult) Regiments. I have just about run out of juice to help myself & him emotionally. He's come home with mixed emotions of being proud for serving but also demoralized by the acts and words of a few who do not apreciate a soldiers efforts in affording the freedom WE ALL take for granted. I just wish some individuals would think before they exercise their right of freedom of speech and try to remember who protects those rights. I also find it hard to let go and let your babies grow-up and experience what life will offer. I just read that the 10th Aviation is in Iraq I am just lost for words and I guess I worry to much ! ! ! :mad: ....Sometimes life is funny and sometime life gets serious thanks for reading :(
Mel, I hope your weekend was a good one. Mike says he wishes we were out there with you this weekend :)
well theres one thing i can tell you. the 10th moutain division is second to none in their training, i served with the 10th for 2 years, very very organized unit. i was part of the 2-10, bar none they know what they are doing and how to do it. i know there is no comforting words i can give you, but this is pure fact.....

Brian
06-25-2006, 07:17 PM
David,
All the best to you and your family, and may your son have a successful tour and safe return. If he is anything like his father, I'm sure he is a fine young man and will do great. Many thanks for helping to protect our country and way of life.
:cool:

shockwavebd
06-25-2006, 09:55 PM
David I am very proud of him and the choice he has made I wish more people realized that it is their families and circle of loved ones he is trying to keep safe...................you my friend keep your head up and be proud he's a fine young man
Barry

DILLIGAF
06-25-2006, 10:02 PM
You have a lot to be proud of David. Remember he made the choice and is taking a stance and serving his country. I wish you and your family all the best.

Magic34
06-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Thank you and your family for having members of your family protecting our country.
One again, Thank you!!!!

CBadDad
06-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Man that's gotta be tuff to send your kid off to war. God bless him and all those that serve our country. They are the true heroes. Be a proud dad (I'm sure you are). Godspeed on his safe return. I thank you both for your sacrafice. Lastly, try not to let the vocal minority get you down, they have the freedom and a right to be stupid.

coolchange
06-26-2006, 07:42 AM
You will never feel comfortable about it. But realize that nowhere else (except home) will he be with a group of people that are more concerned with his welfare.

Debbolas
06-26-2006, 01:06 PM
God Bless your son.
Don't let the liberal media get you down.
Believe me, there are many Americans that are grateful for the difficult job he is doing for our country.
Stop by our Trailer (In Katherines) sometime for a brew......
God Bless

Dave C
06-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I just heard on the news that the 10th mtn might be the first to come home!...
just like anything else on the news I don't know how accurate that report is?

WYRD
06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
God Bless the USA and the Brave Souls who fight to keep it FREE.
Thinking and praying for you and your Soldier Dave
WYRD

Flyinbowtie
06-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Your son will be in our prayers.
We are proud of him and the country he serves.
I almost feel guilty when I read posts like this; our son is home, discharged after three years. He will be starting HVAC-R college in Reno in late August.
But when I think about your son, and my nephew, who is also "in country" on his 2nd tour, all I felt when Chris was gone comes flooding back.
God Bless you and your son. May your reunions be frequent and joyous.

Midlife Advantage
06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
David, I have never met you, (I don't think :idea:) but on behalf of you and your son I will continue to shake the hand and thank any and every soldier I have the privilege to meet. God Bless you and your family, don't even give the liberal idiots an audience, they are the digusting minority.
You and everyone on this page are welcome at my campfire anytime. :)
Tim

Tom Brown
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Havasu Luvr, please pass along a message to your son: Thank you.