PDA

View Full Version : The painted sleekcraft

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Well I almost finished it today but I had a some bleed thru do to my careless tape job. I am going to have to touch up some spots. I hope to clear it Monday afternoon. Anyways here is a few pics.
Letting the sealer dry
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics023.jpg
just checking the white for light spots
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics026.jpg
Taped up the graphix (shitty job) :220v:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics028.jpg
pic of the graphix
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics030.jpg
pic of the inside
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics032.jpg

Some Kind Of Monster
06-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Lookin good! I'm debating whether to bring mine in to have someone do mine for me or do it myself. Looks like you got it figured out!

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Lookin good! I'm debating whether to bring mine in to have someone do mine for me or do it myself. Looks like you got it figured out!Lol, nope I have yet to figure it out :rollside:

Squirtcha?
06-25-2006, 02:48 PM
Lol, nope I have yet to figure it out :rollside:
I'll say! You've got a Texas state flag on the wall, and you live in Arizona. :cry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/thedirty30/boatpaintpics032.jpg

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I'll say! You've got a Texas state flag on the wall, and you live in Arizona. :cry:
Uh that would be because I'm from Tx :yuk: :rollside:

Squirtcha?
06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Uh that would be because I'm from Tx :yuk: :rollside:
Come on now. If Texas is so great then how come you're here?:argue:
Most of us living in Arizona aren't from here, but.............here we are.
In fact I'll go a step further and say I'm from Michigan originally.
I liked it there alot. Two things made me leave..............job market
(or the lack thereof), and 8 month long winters. Been living here for
some 20 + years. I've had a job the entire time and the only coldass'd
white stuff I see is around the sides of my deep freeze when I reach
in for some groceries.
I'm even heading back to Michigan this week for a two week vacation.
I only go in the summer time though. :)

atxwrangler
06-25-2006, 04:19 PM
looks bad azzz shane,when ya gonna have it in the water?

1slowboat
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Ditto, looks good Shane!!!!! how you holding up in that heat????
I think he has the flag up there just so we can see it :) :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Looking good! How long did it take you to tape off them graphics? It was a bitch to tape the flames on my trailer!! I think that was worse than sanding it:cry:

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Come on now. If Texas is so great then how come you're here?:argue:
Most of us living in Arizona aren't from here, but.............here we are.
In fact I'll go a step further and say I'm from Michigan originally.
I liked it there alot. Two things made me leave..............job market
(or the lack thereof), and 8 month long winters. Been living here for
some 20 + years. I've had a job the entire time and the only coldass'd
white stuff I see is around the sides of my deep freeze when I reach
in for some groceries.
I'm even heading back to Michigan this week for a two week vacation.
I only go in the summer time though. :)Ok well I'm glad the topic is why I have a flag in my garage, hater :yuk:

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
looks bad azzz shane,when ya gonna have it in the water?Sup Marty!!! thanks I'm hoping by end of Aug. Praying.......

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Ditto, looks good Shane!!!!! how you holding up in that heat????
I think he has the flag up there just so we can see it :) :)What up Travis thanks, The heat isn't to bad it's about as bad as a 95 with humidity in Tx. Just not as sticky as you guys.

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Looking good! How long did it take you to tape off them graphics? It was a bitch to tape the flames on my trailer!! I think that was worse than sanding it:cry:It wasn't to bad Mike I just rushed and didn't make sure the TAPE was pushed down in spots and got some overspray under the tape, ez fix but thats what I get for rushing.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-25-2006, 11:48 PM
It wasn't to bad Mike I just rushed and didn't make sure the TAPE was pushed down in spots and got some overspray under the tape, ez fix but thats what I get for rushing.
The flames on my trailer did the same thing!! Oh well, ya live and learn. I still like it;) I really dig the stripes;) I havent seen those before. Its going to look killer;) Hurry up and get that sled finished. We need more jets at saguaro!!

cave
06-26-2006, 04:57 AM
Yea both of you guys Hurry up! :rollside: Some nice boating yesterday, till the Monsoon to soon came in. Mostly just wind. Cant wait too see you guys out there.

FLEA DIDDY
06-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Yea both of you guys Hurry up! :rollside: Some nice boating yesterday, till the Monsoon to soon came in. Mostly just wind. Cant wait too see you guys out there.Thanks Cave and Mike I can't wait!!! I really thought I would just end up buying another boat to be honest rather than getting around to fixing it. For me the hardest part is done.

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Looks good..................Its all done hill from here. Glad its comming out good.
:D :D :D :D

FLEA DIDDY
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Looks good..................Its all done hill from here. Glad its comming out good.
:D :D :D :DThanks Ty, did you take the boat out this weekend?

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 08:32 AM
Thanks Ty, did you take the boat out this weekend?
Went out yesterday with jonathan. We were going to take his too but his ing switch was dead so we took great white out. Ran great as usually.

Jordan_23_85205
06-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Went out yesterday with jonathan. We were going to take his too but his ing switch was dead so we took great white out. Ran great as usually.
You guys left early! Bubba and I passed you on the way up. We only had to wait 90 mins or so to get on :mad:

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 08:50 AM
You guys left early! Bubba and I passed you on the way up. We only had to wait 90 mins or so to get on :mad:
I saw you, we had been there since about 7. Once you guys got on was the water any better, cause on the way out from the back it was hell. Boat ran great as it allways does..............

Jordan_23_85205
06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
The water was pretty nice once we got on!

Squirtcha?
06-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok well I'm glad the topic is why I have a flag in my garage, hater :yuk:
Hmmn lil touchy eh? :rolleyes:
What was the topic again? I'll steer myself back over that way.

Jordy
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
We need more jets at saguaro!!
Yeah, you wouldn't have enjoyed Pleasant yesterday when the storm came in. Stick to Saguaro. :D :D :D

FLEA DIDDY
06-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Hmmn lil touchy eh? :rolleyes:
What was the topic again? I'll steer myself back over that way.No not at all, But getting into why I live in AZ and have a Tx flag in my garage isn't the topic. Thanks for your input :rolleyes:

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
Yeah, you wouldn't have enjoyed Pleasant yesterday when the storm came in. Stick to Saguaro. :D :D :D
I bet it got real bad............................................... ..........................
Yet another reason to stick to our pond.

Jordy
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I bet it got real bad............................................... ..........................
The 10 lane ramp was lots of fun. Between the normal rookies on the ramp, the wind blowing like crazy, 3' rollers crashing on the ramp, and waves big enough to move my trailer around as I'm headed for it, yeah, it would have been a handful in a low freeboard boat. My bilge pumps were working overtime and I saw a few open bow wakeboard boats with buckets dumping water out of the bow while they were waiting to get off the water. It was the 2nd worst I've seen that lake. :crossx:
Did make for a fun run in from Humbug though. :D :D :D

cave
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
http://www.iconbazaar.com/flags/animated/usa/arizona_1c.gif
:rollside:
Just funnin.
It wasn't to bad At Saguaro. It just made it more fun at the load area.

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
The 10 lane ramp was lots of fun. Between the normal rookies on the ramp, the wind blowing like crazy, 3' rollers crashing on the ramp, and waves big enough to move my trailer around as I'm headed for it, yeah, it would have been a handful in a low freeboard boat. My bilge pumps were working overtime and I saw a few open bow wakeboard boats with buckets dumping water out of the bow while they were waiting to get off the water. It was the 2nd worst I've seen that lake. :crossx:
Did make for a fun run in from Humbug though. :D :D :DI was sitting at home when it hit, and i actully thought to myself, i wonder what its like at pleasant. Yep, i knew it................................................ ..............

Jordy
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
This is in Humbug before the wind really kicked up:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01322.JPG
Shortly after that, the whole place was white capped, if that gives you any indication of what the main body of the lake looked like.

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 11:55 AM
This is in Humbug before the wind really kicked up:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01322.JPG
Shortly after that, the whole place was white capped, if that gives you any indication of what the main body of the lake looked like.
Note to self, moonsoon season is here.............................Ok, now where are the good pics at.

Hardin18454
06-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Where about in Arizona are these two lakes?

460 jus getn it
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Where about in Arizona are these two lakes?
Saguaro is in east mesa, and pleasant in in north west phoenix..................
Great lakes, as you can see we have plenty of fun out there.....................

Hardin18454
06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Are they good lakes for jet boats? I am buying a California Performance 19. Will this boat do all right on these lakes? Have read about these lakes a lot on the boards and wouldnt mind checking them out. Are there hotels close by?