PDA

View Full Version : speaker issue

Toomstone
06-25-2006, 02:00 PM
I have 6 alpine speakers in a magic deck. The two speakers in the front buzz with the revving of the engine. So we cant listen to the stereo when the boat is running. They also buzz when the hatch is lifted, drive is lifted, etc. One speaker stopped working completely so I hooked it up to one of the other speaker wires and it worked. When I hooked the supposedly broken one back up to its original spot... it worked, then began to buzz again, and finally went out... again. So my question is does this have something to do with the speakers, the wiring, or the amp?
Thanks
Toomstone :crossx:

Cheap Thrills
07-11-2006, 11:40 PM
If you are using amps (I'm assuming you are.)Check the RCA cables going to the amp. If it's a 4 channel amp with 4 inputs and only one set of speakers are buzzing switch the front and rear RCAs with eachother, if the front stops and the rear ones start buzzing then replace the cable. It would work for seperate amps too. But there are other factors that would cause seperate amps to exibit this which are mainly ground issues.
Make sure all grounds on all amps and the head unit are good. I always ground strap everything together along with a ground to each piece of equiptment. Something I learned when trying to suppress second and third harmonics of radio frequencies in the HF range of the spectrum. :D but thats another subject.
C.T. :wink: