Sigus
06-25-2006, 04:40 PM
nice ride, good luck with the sale.

Charley
06-25-2006, 04:54 PM
What's next Chris?

Havasu Cig
06-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Just the pontoon for now. I hate selling it but we used it 4 time last year and only twice this year. It's hard to get away from work right now so I am better off selling it than just letting it sit in the garage.
This is the next toy though when the boat sells. Went for a ride in one yesterday at the dealer with a Roush 427 (550hp). The car was insane... :cool:
http://www.superformance.com/mkIII_bonusphotos/5.jpg

Havasu Cig
06-25-2006, 05:16 PM
nice ride, good luck with the sale.
Thanks...

Charley
06-25-2006, 05:51 PM
I hear ya Chris.... good luck with the sale, assuming it's priced competitively you should be in the new toy pretty quick.... and you can use it a few times a week!

unleashed
06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Just the pontoon for now. I hate selling it but we used it 4 time last year and only twice this year. It's hard to get away from work right now so I am better off selling it than just letting it sit in the garage.
This is the next toy though when the boat sells. Went for a ride in one yesterday at the dealer with a Roush 427 (550hp). The car was insane... :cool:
bad ass car for sures. Goodluck with the sale Chris....I think you'll have some luck as your boat can be used in the Ocean as well!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Dave C
06-26-2006, 07:18 AM
OK, whose gonna lend me the money so I can get this? ? ;) ;) .... anyone.. anyone... bueller.... :rollside: :crossx:
I wish I was a baller just once :cry: :cry:

Havasu Cig
06-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone, I had one call already but the guy was trying to lowball me a little. We will see what happens... :cool:

Dave C
06-26-2006, 08:28 AM
LOWBALL?!!? :cry: that hurts... $50k is all that I could scrape together... If I had more I would give it to you. ;) ;)....
If I go overbill a client I may be able to make you another offer....

Havasu Cig
06-26-2006, 08:39 AM
LOWBALL?!!? :cry: that hurts... $50k is all that I could scrape together... If I had more I would give it to you. ;) ;)....
If I go overbill a client I may be able to make you another offer....
His offer was in the six figure range so I guess I should not be to insulted. :)
Come up with another 75k cash and I will give you a HB discount (for a limited time only)... :D :cool:

Dave C
06-26-2006, 09:01 AM
damn ballers.... :cry: :cry: I'm out.
lets see if I overbill each client by $1,000 each I can have $75k in no time.... :rollside: :rollside: hmmmm... :idea:
His offer was in the six figure range so I guess I should not be to insulted. :)
Come up with another 75k cash and I will give you a HB discount (for a limited time only)... :D :cool:

TwinMach26DCB
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Is that a Superformance ?? I was in Reno at their sales dealership this weekend... About ready to step up myself...
On the car, not the boat.. But if I was boat shopping.. Chris's hot rod would be in the running...

TwinMach26DCB
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
just re-looked at the picture and I see the logo on the windshield...

Havasu Cig
06-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Is that a Superformance ?? I was in Reno at their sales dealership this weekend... About ready to step up myself...
On the car, not the boat.. But if I was boat shopping.. Chris's hot rod would be in the running...
Yep, Superformance with a Roush motor. They are actually licensed by Shelby now and are more advanced than the one that Shelby is selling (CSX 4000 series). The rollers are both built in the same factory in South Africa, but there is currently about a 2-3 year wait for the Shelby. I was set on a Shelby until I went for a ride and checked out the build quality of the Superformance. There is a dealer in Irvine that sells both as well as the GT40, and Coupe.
They have a roller ready to be finished that I like right now in stock so I might have to discount the boat a little... :D

Havasu Cig
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Just lowered the price. Somebody can get a like new Skater and a great price. I would rather take a loss than sit on the boat.

Screaming Pete
06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
I met Vick Edelbrock one day and he had a orgl. cobra very sweet car

Havasu Cig
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Lowered the price again. I should have sold it in February when I had a buyer at 139K. I think the market has changed a little...
For those that have called and E-mailed with interest, I will be in Havasu this weekend if you want to check the boat out. I think most of the interest has come from this board and OSO. :cool:

Mrs.Killer
07-05-2006, 08:20 PM
So how does your boat ride compared to mine...
I know yours is way faster, Im referring to everything else....

boxscore
07-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Lowered the price again. I should have sold it in February when I had a buyer at 139K. I think the market has changed a little...
For those that have called and E-mailed with interest, I will be in Havasu this weekend if you want to check the boat out. I think most of the interest has come from this board and OSO. :cool:
Maybe you should trade it in to Dave and get a new DCB. :argue:

Havasu Cig
07-07-2006, 07:35 AM
So how does your boat ride compared to mine...
I know yours is way faster, Im referring to everything else....
It will handle the big chop on Havasu when the wind kicks up a lot better, and like you said it is way faster. I don't want to get into a DCB versus Skater debate, but there is honestly no comparison to an O/B 26 / 29 DCB and my Skater. I can't think of one thing I liked better about my 26's to be honest.
I love the boat and if I had the time to get to the lake to use it it would not be for sale. I also have been having some health issues that have made it harder for me to use the boat. It's a great boat though.
I just got off the phone with a guy that is interested and he said the new 28's are going for 185k now, so I think my price is very good. :cool:

Havasu Cig
07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Maybe you should trade it in to Dave and get a new DCB. :argue:
Straight across? :)

Hardly Satisfied
07-07-2006, 11:52 AM
nice boat

Havasu Cig
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
nice boat
Thank you... :cool:

Charley
07-09-2006, 01:46 PM
any offers?
ttt ;)

TCHB
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
What is the price now???

Havasu Cig
07-09-2006, 03:35 PM
any offers?
ttt ;)
I got one offer the first day I had it for sale, but it was too low IMO. I have had about 8 people call that are interested and two that say they want to buy it if they sell their boats. I also have one guy in Canada that is interested but he is looking around at a few brands. He is the one that told me a new one was now 185k. I think 124k is more than a good price considering the condition it is in. Everybody, other than the offer I rejected, seems to think the price is fair. I think people are being a little more cautious (sp) in the current market. If it was a year ago it would be gone already.
I am actually out in Havasu right now getting a detail done on it, and I am having a little sellers remorse. I need to think with my head though and not with my heart... :cool:
TCHB, The price is 124k...

Charley
07-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I got one offer the first day I had it for sale, but it was too low IMO. I have had about 8 people call that are interested and two that say they want to buy it if they sell their boats. I also have one guy in Canada that is interested but he is looking around at a few brands. He is the one that told me a new one was now 185k. I think 124k is more than a good price considering the condition it is in. Everybody, other than the offer I rejected, seems to think the price is fair. I think people are being a little more cautious (sp) in the current market. If it was a year ago it would be gone already.
I am actually out in Havasu right now getting a detail done on it, and I am having a little sellers remorse. I need to think with my head though and not with my heart... :cool:
TCHB, The price is 124k...
that's a more than fair price.... still would like to get a ride in her before you sell it.... any chance you might be out there next weekend? I am thinking about going out to do a little work on the house.... let me know

TCHB
07-10-2006, 07:08 PM
I met a guy last weekend that knew alot about Super Performance Shelby cars. He said his cars at the best and have great resale. His name is Lance Stander CEO of Shelby.

Havasu Cig
07-11-2006, 08:42 AM
that's a more than fair price.... still would like to get a ride in her before you sell it.... any chance you might be out there next weekend? I am thinking about going out to do a little work on the house.... let me know
The boat just got a complete detail yesterday, so I don't think it will be on the water unless a buyer wants to go for a ride. I got a call from Miami this morning (Early because of the time difference :) ) and the guy from Canada and I are going back and forth on shipping charges etc...
I think you need to take me for a ride in the DCB ;)

Havasu Cig
07-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I met a guy last weekend that knew alot about Super Performance Shelby cars. He said his cars at the best and have great resale. His name is Lance Stander CEO of Shelby.
Lance is a cool guy. He owns Hillbank Motorsports and is a dealer for both Superformance and Shelby. His place is in Irvine and he is the one that took me for a ride in the Superformance.
I was set on buying a Shelby before I went up there and talked to him and went for a ride in the cars. With the Shelby you get the famous CSX serial number, but the Superformance is the more advanced car. The Shelby will also run you about 20k more and the wait time for one has been 2-3 years.
Superformance is the only replica builder with an MSO because they build each piece for the car and the roller comes complete. They are also licensed by Shelby and you can get the car signed by him. The one I went in was signed by him on the glove box. Pretty cool considering he is getting up there in age and he is one of the most famous racer / builders.
If you go with the Superformace with the Roush 427 (550 hp) and 335 / 17's the car is a monster. Independent fully adjustable (sp) suspension all the way around with coil over shocks, Tremec 5 speed, etc... The car will out handle a new Z06 and will run 11's in the quarter. :cool:

TwinMach26DCB
07-11-2006, 09:16 AM
I just went for a ride in the rousch prepared superformance two weekends ago. Local guy in Gilroy had purchased in Dec. It was a MONSTER... He did lift his pant leg to show me a HUGE HEALING SCAR from the pipes... SCARY and NASTY and I have young children so this is going to have to wait as far as I'm concerned.. Best of luck..

Havasu Cig
07-11-2006, 09:40 AM
I just went for a ride in the rousch prepared superformance two weekends ago. Local guy in Gilroy had purchased in Dec. It was a MONSTER... He did lift his pant leg to show me a HUGE HEALING SCAR from the pipes... SCARY and NASTY and I have young children so this is going to have to wait as far as I'm concerned.. Best of luck..
Yep, Lance kept telling me not to get "Bitten by the snake" as I was getting out of the car.

Havasu Cig
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Posted a couple new pics from this last weekend showing the intercom system, backseat and another front / side shot.
I have four offers in the 6 figure range but they need to be closer to my price... :cool:

Havasu Cig
07-13-2006, 08:35 AM
More spam, but here is a link to the add on OSO. Better site for ad's IMO because it allows more pics...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11004.html

Havasu Cig
07-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Price lowered for the last time, and this time it is firm. If it does not sell I will keep the boat. Lot's of interest but someone needs to step up with the $$$.
BTW, This is a Skater. No offense but I don't need to hear "well I can by an Eliminator for this" or "A used spectre only cost this". The price is now firm, so no more tire kickers... :cool:

Dave C
07-19-2006, 10:31 AM
you're killing me..... :mad: :yuk: I need to get some more work so I can pay for this bad boy..... :crossx:

Havasu Cig
07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
you're killing me..... :mad: :yuk: I need to get some more work so I can pay for this bad boy..... :crossx:
The boats in Havasu all nice and detailed. Let me know if you are going to be out and you want to see it. I won't use it again until probably October when the temps cool down.

Dave C
07-19-2006, 12:54 PM
thanks for the offer but the best I could muster is a good tire kicking.
That just won't do, as you need a buyer not a tire kicker. ;) :crossx:
The boats in Havasu all nice and detailed. Let me know if you are going to be out and you want to see it. I won't use it again until probably October when the temps cool down.

Havasu Cig
07-19-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks for the offer but the best I could muster is a good tire kicking.
That just won't do, as you need a buyer not a tire kicker. ;) :crossx:
For you I would allow some tire kicking... :)

TCHB
07-19-2006, 08:16 PM
I was out in Havasu last weekend and was talking to guy who said he knew you. His 28 Skater had 3 300s on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLurker
07-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I think if people had more confidence in the economy right now your boat would be long gone. You have it more than fairly priced even without the extras like the jack plates, intercom system etc..
Best of luck with the sale.

TheLurker
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I was out in Havasu last weekend and was talking to guy who said he knew you. His 28 Skater had 3 300s on the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was it a 28 or a 32 and did he have a place down at the springs? Wonder if I know him. Nice guy if its him.

Havasu Cig
07-20-2006, 02:44 PM
I think if people had more confidence in the economy right now your boat would be long gone. You have it more than fairly priced even without the extras like the jack plates, intercom system etc..
Best of luck with the sale.
Thanks, I think the economy is the the reason stuff is not selling. Like I said before I had a buyer at 139K 6 months ago. If it does not sell I will keep it, use it, and sell it for about what I am asking for now in a couple of years.

Havasu Cig
07-20-2006, 02:49 PM
The guy that owns Havasu Hot Laps had a 28 with tripples (2.5's), but I thought he sold it. I am not sure who owns it now, but the guy from Havasu Hot Laps is a nice guy.

DCBDaytona
07-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks, I think the economy is the the reason stuff is not selling. Like I said before I had a buyer at 139K 6 months ago. If it does not sell I will keep it, use it, and sell it for about what I am asking for now in a couple of years.
It's a shame your Skater has not sold at this price. As you said...People are going back to their old buying habits, as the housing market has people thinkin' about their equity.

tomcat
07-20-2006, 03:15 PM
It's a shame your Skater has not sold at this price. As you said...People are going back to their old buying habits, as the housing market has people thinkin' about their equity.
The other problem is that if someone is financing the boat, Skaters blue book values are always low. The last two I have had, I had to put a huge chunk of cash down to get financed.

andy01
07-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Im surprised this boat hasn't sold yet. It shows and appears brand new. I think the market is soft right now. Money cost more this year to borrow and people are worried about insurance. I have had few calls on my Spectre. The three that seemed real thought my price was fair. I know my replacement is $148,000. Well that is what a customer told me for a like boat. I just don't get it. I was getting calls last year when it was listed at $135,000 before I pulled it and decided to keep it. I think I am like you and am at about the bottom. When you get your cobra let me know we'll cruise, I ordered a 07 C6 Convert. today with "Museum/Factory Delivery" In KY. Hope the sale goes easier then mine has, I think I have had more tire kickers then anything else I had for sale.
Andy

Havasu Cig
07-21-2006, 07:58 AM
I agree...

Havasu Cig
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
The other problem is that if someone is financing the boat, Skaters blue book values are always low. The last two I have had, I had to put a huge chunk of cash down to get financed.
With the cost of a new Skater being so high I could see how relatively speaking a used one could book low. At 185k for a new one and over 200k for one set-up like mine I know my price is more than good.

Havasu Cig
07-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Im surprised this boat hasn't sold yet. It shows and appears brand new. I think the market is soft right now. Money cost more this year to borrow and people are worried about insurance. I have had few calls on my Spectre. The three that seemed real thought my price was fair. I know my replacement is $148,000. Well that is what a customer told me for a like boat. I just don't get it. I was getting calls last year when it was listed at $135,000 before I pulled it and decided to keep it. I think I am like you and am at about the bottom. When you get your cobra let me know we'll cruise, I ordered a 07 C6 Convert. today with "Museum/Factory Delivery" In KY. Hope the sale goes easier then mine has, I think I have had more tire kickers then anything else I had for sale.
Andy
I am suprised as well. I have taken probably 20 calls on the boat, and I have a couple of people that want it if they can sell their boat first. I have yet to have anyone actually look at the boat in person. and I honestly think if they did it would sell the boat. The thing does look new just like you said. I really don't care if it sells. If it does great if not I will keep it and try and get some more use out of it. My reasoning for selling it was because of having a lot of money tied up in something that was not being used, but at some point it is not worth it to take too much of a loss by selling it. My boat is #118 that they have built and some of those were race boats. I would have thought that the lack of 28's on the market would have helped more, but on the flip side the guys who have 28's seem to keep them a long time. One of the guys that wants it has a 1994 28 and wants to get a newer one but his has to sell first.
Congrats on the car. I was on my Harley the other day and got into some backroads behind a C-6 and the guy did not knw how to drive the car. I was pushing him on a a bike with pretty much a stock motor to the point to where he was all over the road and still could not get away from me. I got up next to him at a stop sign and he would not even look at me. Pretty funny. I am sure you will have much more skill :D :cool:

Havasu Cig
07-21-2006, 08:12 AM
BTW, We are leaving for Havasu tonight for a pontoon trip so if anybody wants to see the boat or just hang out let me know. :cool:

tomcat
07-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Cig,
Hook me up with the guy with the '94. Im looking for an older one I can re-rig myself then you can sell him yours and its win, win.

dreamboater
07-22-2006, 10:27 AM
I am suprised as well. I have taken probably 20 calls on the boat, and I have a couple of people that want it if they can sell their boat first. I have yet to have anyone actually look at the boat in person. and I honestly think if they did it would sell the boat. The thing does look new just like you said. I really don't care if it sells. If it does great if not I will keep it and try and get some more use out of it. My reasoning for selling it was because of having a lot of money tied up in something that was not being used, but at some point it is not worth it to take too much of a loss by selling it. My boat is #118 that they have built and some of those were race boats. I would have thought that the lack of 28's on the market would have helped more, but on the flip side the guys who have 28's seem to keep them a long time. One of the guys that wants it has a 1994 28 and wants to get a newer one but his has to sell first.
Congrats on the car. I was on my Harley the other day and got into some backroads behind a C-6 and the guy did not knw how to drive the car. I was pushing him on a a bike with pretty much a stock motor to the point to where he was all over the road and still could not get away from me. I got up next to him at a stop sign and he would not even look at me. Pretty funny. I am sure you will have much more skill :D :cool:
My boat is a 2000 #99, just goes to show how special these boats are. Yours is an 04 at #118. It will sell. That is a very good price on that boat. I think for insurance reasons, these boats take a lot of time to move. If I had a buyer for my 28 I would be all over that deal. Good luck.

tomcat
07-22-2006, 01:18 PM
My boat is a 2000 #99, just goes to show how special these boats are. Yours is an 04 at #118. It will sell. That is a very good price on that boat. I think for insurance reasons, these boats take a lot of time to move. If I had a buyer for my 28 I would be all over that deal. Good luck.
Dreamboater,
PM me. I am looking for a 28.

Havasu Cig
07-24-2006, 11:31 AM
SOLD!!!
Thanks everyone for the help. It will be used in Huntington and Parker... :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-24-2006, 11:33 AM
SOLD!!!
Thanks everyone for the help. It will be used in Huntington and Parker... :cool:
Congrats Chris. Now if mine would just sell..... :cry:

Havasu Cig
07-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Congrats Chris. Now if mine would just sell..... :cry:
Thanks, just takes the right person. My buyer had a 24 Skater and was looking for a 28. He knew what he wanted and was local so it was an easy deal. Good luck on your boat. :cool:

DCBDaytona
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Thanks, just takes the right person. My buyer had a 24 Skater and was looking for a 28. He knew what he wanted and was local so it was an easy deal. Good luck on your boat. :cool:
Nice. Now you can go pick up you brand new DCB :p

Havasu Cig
07-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Nice. Now you can go pick up you brand new DCB :p
I won't even go there, when I told the new owner I owned 3 DCB's he asked my why. :) :cool:

TCHB
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Everyone I talked to said your boat was like a new one!!!!!!!!

Havasu Cig
07-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Everyone I talked to said your boat was like a new one!!!!!!!!
Yep, one of my many flaws is being a little crazy when it comes to cleaning my stuff. That's why I pay to lease a water deionizer like the detailers have.
The buyer said the boat actually looked better in person than in the pictures, and I got a call from him the day after he took delivery and he said he could not find anything wrong with the boat after going over it for a day at his house. He got a good deal and since he was local with cash it worked out well. The best part of the deal is that he is looking to buy a place in Havasu so I might still get a chance to ride in it. :) :cool:

Charley
07-28-2006, 10:27 AM
I won't even go there, when I told the new owner I owned 3 DCB's he asked my why. :) :cool:
This is the kinda shit that makes me lose respect for you chris...
It's just sad, you act like DCB's are total $hit boats... you have become so tainted it's almost comical... just the fact that you owned 3 DCB's might serve to refresh your memory on the the reality that you were either really happy with at least 1, possibly 2 of them or you maybe it's just you who made 2 large, very stupid decisions... either way I don't care, just wanted to point out the obvious :D

Havasu Cig
07-29-2006, 06:32 AM
Like I have stated before Charley, Dave would have made me sue him over the money I had given him for the second boat if I elected to try and get it back. It was a tough decision to make, but I have been through lawsuits before and the easy thing to do was have the third boat built instead. My experience with DCB was not good but that's not to say they don't build a good boat. If you are happy with them then that is all that matters. As far as opinion's being tainted I think you would have to admit that your is definitely tainted in the opposite direction.
I was not trying to turn this into an anti DCB thread, I was simply stating an exchange I had with the buyer of my boat that I though was funny. My response to him was it is a long story.
Have a nice day Charley, I am going to put a deposit on a Cobra so maybe I should go look for someone to argue with on those forums J/K... :D :cool:

Charley
07-30-2006, 01:32 PM
As far as opinion's being tainted I think you would have to admit that your is definitely tainted in the opposite direction.
Chris.... I have tons of good things to say about Skater... they make a fantastic boat...would never deny that until that day comes when Skaters aren't great boat's anymore.
PS: congrats on selling your boat

Havasu Cig
07-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks, I think the market is only going to get worse so I think I was lucky to find a person that was looking for a 28 that had cash. If I get some time to use another boat I will probably get another 28, or maybe a Mach 22 with twins. I still think the 22 is one of the nicest boats DCB builds, and it would be a fun mid week boat to use since the pontoon seems to be the weekend boat of choice for us. The car will give me my speed fix for now though...
Here are a couple pics of the new toy...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/pe3a89451a00db9a4aec100a15ff06c3a/edc3cfdb.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p86866dad344ab3da3c0d80eba5f8ee96/edc3cf97.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p6b281cea1f9d656c66cc9e85fdc22b9a/edc3ccda.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p6a7695c98b67cfe84a99ffa1b4395213/edc3d325.jpg

Jordy
07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats on selling the boat and the new toy looks bad ass!!!! :D :D :D

Havasu Cig
07-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks, it will take me a little time to get used to 562 hp in a 2300 pound car but it will be fun doing it.
It is serial #001 of three 434 C.I. motors that Roush built, and jack Roush has one of the other two in a personal car that he owns. The car was built by a guy that worked for Roush and was used as one of their display cars so it has a lot of one off stuff on it. I was lucky to find it at the right time, and it only has 2400 miles on it.:cool:

Dave C
07-31-2006, 09:38 AM
zero to "wound up" in 4 seconds flat..... thats faster than your new ride!!! :crossx:
bravo Chris.... keep up the good work.....
LMAO.....
This is the kinda shit that makes me lose respect for you chris...
It's just sad, you act like DCB's are total $hit boats... you have become so tainted it's almost comical... just the fact that you owned 3 DCB's might serve to refresh your memory on the the reality that you were either really happy with at least 1, possibly 2 of them or you maybe it's just you who made 2 large, very stupid decisions... either way I don't care, just wanted to point out the obvious :D

Jordy
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks, it will take me a little time to get used to 562 hp in a 2300 pound car but it will be fun doing it.
Did they give you a stack of get out of jail free cards??? How about a frequent buyer plan at your local tire shop??? :D :D :D

mbrown2
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Nice ride and congrats on the boat sell.

Dave C
07-31-2006, 09:43 AM
can I get one of those frequent buyer cards at the tire store please....... :cry: :cry:

Havasu Cig
07-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone...
Jordy, The 275 15's in the pics are getting swapped for 335 17's before I pick up the car on Saturday. That should help a little with the traction problem, but probably not enough. :) :cool:

DCBDaytona
07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks, I think the market is only going to get worse so I think I was lucky to find a person that was looking for a 28 that had cash. If I get some time to use another boat I will probably get another 28, or maybe a Mach 22 with twins. I still think the 22 is one of the nicest boats DCB builds, and it would be a fun mid week boat to use since the pontoon seems to be the weekend boat of choice for us. The car will give me my speed fix for now though...
That's what I like to hear. If you ever want a ride, just let me know!

Charley
07-31-2006, 09:23 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/pe3a89451a00db9a4aec100a15ff06c3a/edc3cfdb.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid210/p86866dad344ab3da3c0d80eba5f8ee96/edc3cf97.jpg
Holy crap dude.... nice trade up!!! congrats
.. thats faster than your new ride!!!
DaveC.... Those in glass houses should not throw stones
oh wait let me translate : when you step up from your shitbox with a 496 maybe your jabs regarding speed will have a little pop :D

DMOORE
07-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone...
Jordy, The 275 15's in the pics are getting swapped for 335 17's before I pick up the car on Saturday. That should help a little with the traction problem, but probably not enough. :) :cool:
Nice looking car. BTW those 335's wont do a lot more for traction in that beast, but they will make nice smoke clouds!!!
Darrell.

andy01
08-01-2006, 07:38 AM
Congrats on the car deal, it is a nice one that's for sure.... You know what I ordered...... I also went and bought a 03 Z06 on Sunday to drive until my order comes in, maybe I'll make a run down there in the next couple of weeks for lunch or something on a Sunday. Oh and before we stop at a light side by side, you win...... :) That's a lot of HP in not a lot of car, that focker will be fun to drive!!
Andy

Havasu Cig
08-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks again for the compliments everyone...
DCBDaytona, I almost bought a Mach 22 but the plan changed when the first 26 came out. Like I said I think it would be a fun mid week boat to run up the gorge. A 21 Skater would also be a fun boat, but they are hard to find.
Andy, we need to hook up and go for a ride in both cars. I have not been in a Z06 and would like to check it out. The place I am picking the car up is having an open house on Saturday in Irvine if your interested.
Here is a pick of their GT that they are building. With a roush 550 hp motor it supposed to top 220... :cool:
http://www.hillbankusa.com/mkiii/gallery/spfgtimage2.jpg

Dave C
08-01-2006, 08:59 AM
HA HA too f-ing funny. Damn, I didn't even hurl an insult at you, YET!
who the hell are you to tell me that I can't hurl insults from the bleacher seats if I want to...... ;) ;)
BTW me "throwing stones" would be if I said "why would someone pay that much for a DCB when they could get a much faster Skater for the same money."
But instead I was merely giving him a compliment on HIS comment, (NOT mine) that got you riled up so quickly.
but your such a hater you have to make fun of my poor slow jr varsity boat when you know that my prospects for an upgrade are slim to none.
LOL
DaveC.... Those in glass houses should not throw stones
oh wait let me translate : when you step up from your shitbox with a 496 maybe your jabs regarding speed will have a little pop :D

Havasu Cig
08-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Dave,
Give it a year and I think their will be some deals out there on a boat to upgrade to if that's what you are looking for. :cool:

Dave C
08-01-2006, 09:24 AM
No worries there is always another one. Plus we are putting offers on houses now. Priorities!!
Good to see you got it sold. Hopefully for the price you wanted too. One would be crazy not to notice what a deal that was considering the size and speed of it.
besides I'm still on the jr. varsity. Hopefully they will let me on the varsity someday.
Dave,
Give it a year and I think their will be some deals out there on a boat to upgrade to if that's what you are looking for. :cool:

Havasu Cig
08-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Well considering I had a buyer at 139k in February, and guess I did not really get what I wanted but the market is soft and getting worse. I got a fair price for the market IMO.
As far as boats, it's all what makes you happy. I am just as happy on the pontoon. :cool:

andy01
08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Andy, we need to hook up and go for a ride in both cars. I have not been in a Z06 and would like to check it out. The place I am picking the car up is having an open house on Saturday in Irvine if your interested.
Here is a pick of their GT that they are building. With a roush 550 hp motor it supposed to top 220... :cool:
http://www.hillbankusa.com/mkiii/gallery/spfgtimage2.jpg
That focker is bad right there. Keep me posted on Saturday. i picked the Z06 up this morning. I'll put a pic up later. If we hook up this weekend your welcome to drive it.
Andy

Havasu Cig
08-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Sounds good!!

Charley
08-01-2006, 10:27 PM
but your such a hater you have to make fun of my poor slow jr varsity boat when you know that my prospects for an upgrade are slim to none.
LOL
Junior Varsity?? ....... 496, mmmmm more like Junior High Kid :D

andy01
08-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Sounds good!!
I fly to Catalina Saturday for a BBQ so I will find out what time that is and then find out what time your deal is. I forgot till tonight. I will get with you Thursday.
Andy

Havasu Cig
08-02-2006, 07:58 AM
I fly to Catalina Saturday for a BBQ so I will find out what time that is and then find out what time your deal is. I forgot till tonight. I will get with you Thursday.
Andy
Sounds good, I am working on getting insurance set-up before Saturday. Hopefully it can happen before then otherwise I need to make a decision to maybe put off the delivery. The company I am working with only does high end cars so it should go smooth, but you never know. Let me know on your end as well. Even If I don't pick up the car I might still go up there.