PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or not?

THEPISTONHEAD
06-25-2006, 05:40 PM
1986 Tahiti w/454(stock) Berkley 12jg w/ B Impellar, tandem axle Trailer for $7900 obo
I know that you would obvously need to see the boat to determine it but if it where in good condition and a good motor is this a fair price, great price or ????
I havent seen it in person but the pics look good. Thanks.
Jason

lilrick
06-25-2006, 06:02 PM
you didn't put a price.....:D

THEPISTONHEAD
06-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry. price added $7900

lilrick
06-25-2006, 06:16 PM
get some pics when you can, and you'll get some good input.

QuickJet
06-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Depends if it's a 1/4 stringer typical Tahiti junk hull or not. If it is a 1/4 stringer it's worth 1/2 what he's asking.

THEPISTONHEAD
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Here a pic!

h2oboy
06-25-2006, 06:35 PM
I have a 1979 Southwind completely redone. Original gelcoat, brand new 455 olds with only 1 1/2 hours on it fully balanced a set up for the A impeller...PM me with an email address and I will emael some pics... Can assure you this is a clean and reliable and good looking hot rod.... drop me a PM... It is ready to go to the Lake...
TURN KEY!!!

lilrick
06-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Here a pic!
It wouldn't be a bad cruiser, but if you're like the rest of us you'll probably want to go faster! In that case I would look for something a lil more reputable. I personally liked the blue and white Liberty that HBjet has!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-25-2006, 08:36 PM
It looks very clean!!! Test drive it before you drive it!!!! If your satisfied then buy it!!
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14892

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I have a 1979 Southwind completely redone. Original gelcoat, brand new 455 olds with only 1 1/2 hours on it fully balanced a set up for the A impeller...PM me with an email address and I will emael some pics... Can assure you this is a clean and reliable and good looking hot rod.... drop me a PM... It is ready to go to the Lake...
TURN KEY!!!
Why are you selling it??????:confused: Thats a clean ass boat!! How did your trip go on thursday????

h2oboy
06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Why are you selling it??????:confused: Thats a clean ass boat!! How did your trip go on thursday????
Thanks 396!! Went really well... got her all timed and put about an hour on her Friday. Wife is pregant and she asked if we can sell it now...
Really do not want to, but I guess that is the orders of life... Someone is going to get a nice ride... Guess you could say that this is a Turn Key!! What you think

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Im glad to hear that it went well. Did the instructions work?? How difficult was it to time it? What kind of RPM's did you turn?
By the way, your ride is very nice. Sorry to hear that you have to sell it:cry:

h2oboy
06-25-2006, 08:56 PM
Im glad to hear that it went well. Did the instructions work?? How difficult was it to time it? What kind of RPM's did you turn?
By the way, your ride is very nice. Sorry to hear that you have to sell it:cry:
Yeah everything went great... not too hard, I had a great teacher!! Just cruzzd outside the no wake at 2000 and bumped it every so often... sounds great... sure bet the park guys loved it.. ha!!

taylormanss
07-02-2006, 04:57 AM
is that kevin fink's boat? that is my buddy's liberator next to it in the pic which is exactly like the one I just built.that boat is on dragboats.com isn't it? have ya ever been over to texas***boats.com ?

Heatseeker
07-02-2006, 06:43 AM
My first jet was the exact same boat except with a Caribbean nameplate on it. It was a nice riding jet. A little on the heavy side though. And alot of hook.
That particular boat was in the magazine back in '99, I think. I tried to contact the owner at the time to compare notes, but he sold it right after the article was published. I've seen it for sale on dragboats.com several times over the last couple of years. I'd say the price is a little steep...

olbiezer
07-02-2006, 06:58 AM
that boat has been on dragboat.com for a long time he must really want to get it sold by now.......go look at it and test drive it......if its what u want offer a low ball figure around 7k and drive it home....... :argue:

THEPISTONHEAD
07-02-2006, 11:00 AM
That is Kevins boat. I left a message for him the other day and he sent a few pics. Hes selling it because he bought a 35" Fountain. The pics look good but its set up for nitrous and that makes me hesitate. I havent talked to him yet, but his email said it hasnt been used (nitrous) yet because of a electric fuel pump for it yet. I dont know. It does seem steep for $7900 but the pics look clean. Im looking at a few other boats now too. I just want something clean for cheap...is that to much to ask !!!!!! Have my eyes on a southwind and a commander and am still searching. Im in no rush what so ever.
Jason

bergen
07-02-2006, 11:58 AM
that boat has been on dragboat.com for a long time he must really want to get it sold by now.......go look at it and test drive it......if its what u want offer a low ball figure around 7k and drive it home....... :argue:
clean boat, but i have seen just as nice boats maybe even nicer for less $$$$,
if i were to make an offer i think i would offer 6,200.00, maybe

taylormanss
07-02-2006, 12:10 PM
It looks very clean!!! Test drive it before you drive it!!!! If your satisfied then buy it!!
http://***boat.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14892
hey there's my liberator sitting next to cookieman's white liberator!
but now my boat is orange.