PDA

View Full Version : My future cat template(with pic now)

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 05:10 PM
Hey guys this is how my cat will look.... kinda. It's just so I have something to show the paint guys. Can you guys post your thoughts??? I'd really like to know what people think even though this is just a template. http://www.angelfire.com/pro/cow/boat.jpg
[ March 20, 2003, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 05:40 PM
Sorry about that guys I goofed again. Now the pic is in there

XFactor
03-20-2003, 06:09 PM
I like the look but I'm not sure I would want anything black during the summer. It gets just alittle warm to the touch :D :mad: :D

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 06:09 PM
The solid colors will be hot. The scheme is cool.

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 06:12 PM
yeah I know the heat is gnarly but my dad has had a black boat since I was born and I've always been told "put a towel down and shut the F%@k up." :p So I've learned to shut up, I want a boat that I can look at and be seriously proud of and that sceme is the one I'd be proud of. Not to sound mushy but you know, fact is I don't have a lot of money and to get something like this is really cool for me

rivernutts
03-20-2003, 06:49 PM
I hope you have a big bottle of vinager and water to get those water spots off!!lol :D Is that a force boat?

rivernutts
03-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Never mind I case the sign above says it all! sleeping

FastTimmy
03-20-2003, 07:08 PM
I once got a bad second degree burn I mean blisters on the back side eek! yes I mean my ASS burningm from black gel coat on a boat once. Hope you know what you are doing!!!!

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 08:30 PM
well I'm used to burning up like that :p so it's not much of an issue for me. I like wearing black, I like black cars, and I love black boats. So that's what I'm getting. Just curious as to other than heat do you guys think it will LOOK good???

FastTimmy
03-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Hell yea that thing will look BAD ASS devil

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 08:47 PM
That's what I thought :D :p

FastTimmy
03-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey phat kat, I've seen a boat out at havasu that I thought said phat kat. Is that you? or is this your first cat?

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Nope not a single cat yet for me. I'm getting one in a while. I'll try to get a pic of my current ride. it hasn't be to havasu for like 12 years but it's still the nicest thing you've seen. Black Sleek Craft 21ft SST with orange, redish, and yellow stripes. Sounds goofy but it looks good. First year of that boat. All origional except the seat color and the engine was set up for unleaded instead of leaded.

FastTimmy
03-20-2003, 09:22 PM
sounds cool, but I hope you get to build the new ride!!

Phat_Kat
03-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Actually I'm putting the engine in and ordering a hull that's painted. Maybe a hull with no
paint depending on how pricing goes. If I get a blank hull I can get it painted by Dave
Hollan who's great and is one of the best in the biz. Either way it's gonna look badass. I
was actually thinking of buying a used hull and painting it but after a price comparison it's
an overall better deal to buy a new hull. If anyone knows of a company that sells I/O CAT
Hulls and I mean hull only with maybe upolstry and no motor PLEASE post.

syke-o
03-21-2003, 03:44 PM
black will definitely be hot in the summer.

Cole
03-21-2003, 05:32 PM
I have a black jet boat and yes it will get hot....but if you are used to it and dont mind throwing water or a wet towel on the gell then go for it!!!!
It would be different and the seats are what you really need to be concerned about.....i used a black and silver ....silver being the primary color,kept the 3rd degree burns to a minimum!!!
You would need to consider some kind of cooling for the seats.towels work, but look a little ratty...maybe some spray bottles,since your going to be so high.my jet we would just scoop a hand full of water and that cooled things fine!!
Goodluck Cole :D

Rock-it man
03-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey !!!! You stole my design,well maybe just a little,my elim datona 26 will be out of the mold on 3-25-03 and have a simular design but used dark purple for the base then faded to a light purple with the flames starting in front and flowing all the way back not so full in the front flames are tangerine faded to yellow with a silver pin strip on the flame egdes will post a pic in a few weeks when i get pics ROCK-IT MAN

Phat_Kat
03-24-2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah well it's not gonna go real for a while cause I just took my current boat out reciently and I can't sell it. I'm too heavily attatched to it so I'm gonna keep it a while and make sure I get the design I want. A boat is like a harley for me. I like to cruise a long and it's relaxing for me. I'm gonna wait till I can afford both boats which may not be long. But that design is still probably gonna go unless I find something better.

MIKEHTMSR24
03-26-2003, 06:50 PM
I like my black. I'm on the East Coast so it doesn't get so hot but still hot enough here and humid. The white interior makes all of the difference in the world. I like it because it's different.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=243&papass=&sort=1
go to the bottom of this link
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41703

Skaterfast
03-27-2003, 12:10 AM
Phat Kat,please don't take offense,but that design is not original.Do something on your own.I'm so tired of flames.I'm sure the majority of people pointing at your boat will be saying "what an idiot he can't get out of the boat because it will burn his skin off".Do not do black you will be sorry.Get out some color pencils and start coloring.You will not be proud of your design if there are dozens of others out there that have the same flames.If you want to do something that will set you apart then stick with solid colors.Most of the boats today have a primary color of white.A lot of the boats today that stand out do not have any white in them at all.Any way if you want to go over 100mph and only spend 45k then here you go.
www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=10672&papass=&sort=1&thecat=523 (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=10672&papass=&sort=1&thecat=523)

Phat_Kat
03-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Well fact is I like black boats and have owned nothing but. Toss a little water on the boat and it's cool. Anyway I think I'm gonna go with something similar to the boat on the cover of the 02 November/December issue of Hot Boat. A little more complex maybe and I'm going with black with dark purple fades. The flames will be orange and red. I don't think that's been used yet.