PDA

View Full Version : Ming

RCB19
06-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Anybody make it up there this weekend? Results???

onsite_pc
06-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Here's some of the folks that did make it there:
NJBA Photos (http://www.njbaracing.net/gallery/gallery.php)
Look in the Summer Showdown Gallery

screamdreambrad
06-26-2006, 06:44 AM
we brought the new(replacement) hydro out, 6.44 @179.24 off the trailer

jweeks123
06-26-2006, 07:39 AM
there's some results on banderlog
jw

moneysucker
06-26-2006, 08:58 AM
I had a great time there with you guys. PM me your e-mail and I can send you all the pix. I bet you miss being strapped into the Show Time slow roast oven avery couple hours now that you are back at home in the AC huh?
Cy

bp
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
hey brad, the new deal looked real good out there. i saw a couple test passes, and then the last full pass. this one looks much better than the last one. are you going to mf?
one thing that would make it even better is if it would turn left :)
what was the deal with that blown texas tunnel? seemed to have a hard time going parallel to the water :cool:

screamdreambrad
06-26-2006, 07:30 PM
bp ed ran on saturday, and i drove on sunday. much much better than the old one!!! :) the motor was very tired and we hoped it would make it through the weekend,it did barely. no extra charge for mosquito abatement :boxed: that texas was a real handfull,steering had too much slop,has a manual place diverter on it and i have never driven (raced with a diverter). no stops and i just went too far when moving the handle. the first pass on sat. i had it too high on the hit hince the wheel stand :mad: second pass just put it up tooooo far down track. scared the shiooottt out of me. thanks for the feedbackon the hydro though, that boat kicks ass!

screamdreambrad
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I had a great time there with you guys. PM me your e-mail and I can send you all the pix. I bet you miss being strapped into the Show Time slow roast oven avery couple hours now that you are back at home in the AC huh?
Cy cy thanks for all your help this weekend! that truck driver position is a terrible job. hot hot hot and you barely get to see the boat run! :mad: but we couldn't have done it without you this weekend! see ya saturday morn. in yuma :)

77charger
06-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Brad you going back to pce in texas then?
If so look out for that black comp flat :) :)

steelcomp
06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
I heard is was hot hot hot this weekend. Well over 100, and well over 4000' air. Sounds like Ming in the summer. :D

Bottle Fed
06-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Other than the miserable weather I still wish I could have been there. I sure missed being there with my team. Next time.

RCB19
06-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Ran into Onsite PC and Onsite PC junior today over at jet boat alley. Seemed like a couple of cool cats. Thanks for the pics.

screamdreambrad
06-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Brad you going back to pce in texas then?
If so look out for that black comp flat :) :)
hey robert, don't know yet about texas. ed has alot of stuff going on and i don't know if he'll have the time to get us there. san diego if we have a spot, and certainly world finals.

Cs19
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Ran into Onsite PC and Onsite PC junior today over at jet boat alley. Seemed like a couple of cool cats. Thanks for the pics.
Ya those guys are super cool.
The weather up there was MISERABLE, not good racing weather..I wasnt there on Sunday so I didnt see eliminations but here are the results i know of....
MJ - Steve Penberthy 1st - Steve Warrick 2nd
PGJ - Tom Bandy 1st
UFJ - Chris Braun 1st - Jerry Hicks 2nd
BGJ - Don Harris 1st
10.0 sec - Bob Prigmore 1st
9.50 sec - Steve Warrick 1st
9.00 sec - Mark Roznos 1st - Steve Penberthy 2nd
7.50 sec - Jerry Hicks 1st

Bense468
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Sweet deal Brad. Heard it ran good. I didn't know anyone was cruising up there, or I would of made the run.

pce680
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Ya those guys are super cool.
The weather up there was MISERABLE, not good racing weather..I wasnt there on Sunday so I didnt see eliminations but here are the results i know of....
MJ - Steve Penberthy 1st - Steve Warrick 2nd
PGJ - Tom Bandy 1st
UFJ - Chris Braun 1st - Jerry Hicks 2nd
BGJ - Don Harris 1st
10.0 sec - Bob Prigmore 1st
9.50 sec - Steve Warrick 1st
9.00 sec - Mark Roznos 1st - Steve Penberthy 2nd
7.50 sec - Jerry Hicks 1st
I heard that Bobby Fry got 2nd in Mod Jet. :cool:

bp
06-27-2006, 02:08 PM
ron, i think bob got second in something, just can't remember what? i do remember steve warrick taking him out on one of the elimination runs, just don't remember what it was.
i know steve warrick runnered up in the 9.50 due to the evil redeye. don corbett won his first race as a result. but i don't really know who did what to whom in mj.
it was a tad warm, but otherwise just dandy. d/a around 4500 most of sunday, and i was likin' it :crossx:

Cs19
06-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Well then congrats to Bobby Fry for getting 2nd in mod jet. :cool:

bp
06-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Well then congrats to Bobby Fry for getting 2nd in mod jet. :cool:
whatever it was, he didn't hang around for his award. was pullin' out when i was on the way to the staging lanes for the final. jeffy, who gets tired of callin' out names with nobody there, said he'd drive by papps and toss it out the window :rolleyes: they did ask at the dm, that if winners/ru's were gonna leave early, that they pick up their stuff before leaving.

Cs19
06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
it was a tad warm, but otherwise just dandy. d/a around 4500 most of sunday, and i was likin' it :crossx:
A tad warm my ass. I like the heat but that was unbelieveable, I dont know if it was the humidity or just the temperature or both but that was brutal, I had enough by Sat. afternoon.
4500 ft..... I think thats the worst Ive seen at ming in my short racing career but how about the opener at Phoenix, wasnt it over 5500?

bp
06-28-2006, 05:48 AM
aww, wadn't that bad... :crossx:
i think f'bird was low 4ks from about noon on, saturday. on sunday, it was around 5k from noon on.

77charger
06-28-2006, 03:21 PM
hey cs did you race this past weekend? or watch i was going to head up there on sunday but busy at home all weekend.

Cs19
06-28-2006, 09:12 PM
No I didnt race,my boats in river mode right now but it was hard to spectate.. I really wanted to be racing but it wasnt in the cards.If the weather is nice I'll race Sept. Im definatly hitting Oct. and IHBA World Finals. Id really like to get into that IHBA race at San Diego but my understading is its invite only, I sent IHBA an email regarding running Gambler only but I have not heard back.
What I really need is to be in your position where I just show up and drive someone elses boat while they float the bill, your lucky to be in that position.
CS

77charger
06-29-2006, 06:52 PM
No I didnt race,my boats in river mode right now but it was hard to spectate.. I really wanted to be racing but it wasnt in the cards.If the weather is nice I'll race Sept. Im definatly hitting Oct. and IHBA World Finals. Id really like to get into that IHBA race at San Diego but my understading is its invite only, I sent IHBA an email regarding running Gambler only but I have not heard back.
What I really need is to be in your position where I just show up and drive someone elses boat while they float the bill, your lucky to be in that position.
CS
I will probably make it in oct to get some more seat time before phx.Tommy was out with the white flat to test new air shifter got to high on sat.First round shifter failed went in late then gos 8.04 then kicks out rod.Motor is apart and turned out to be a bad or defective rod really no ones fault as far as builder or driver.Motor only had 2 races they got to 7.98 at 135 at chowchilla.
As far as san diego we plan on going with my boat at least but at the moment my next race is marble falls so far boat is kickin some ass went 7.96 at 136 and 124(lifting too) but 1/8th keeps gettin quicker and faster now at 4.43 at 124 and made final at chowchilla but got boat too high at start and had to shut down.You might be able to make san diego you never know if others decide to back out you might get in.I know 3 years ago i only made phx and i got asked to race at SD anyways just stay on top of it they only take 8 boats