PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best waterspot........

Cruzzze
06-26-2006, 08:28 AM
....cleaning solutions available? Kids brought home boat yesterday in a rain storm, now has pretty bad water spots.......any help? Thanx

AZJD
06-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Just off the water........HOT SAUCE!
Hands down the best and easiest for cleaning scum line and water spots....ect...

Jordy
06-26-2006, 08:30 AM
I like Boat Bling's Hot Sauce. Great product and very easy to use!!! :D :D :D

Cruzzze
06-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Perfect, I'll order some..thanx

Nord
06-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Vinegar and water................!! Stinks but its cheap and cuts through everything!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2006, 09:23 AM
I use the Hot Sauce whether it's after pulling the boat back to the house or even the next day.

thumbs
06-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Ducky or vinegar and water.

MR HARLEY
06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Hot sauce, or Dri/wash guard from Magic 34

Jyruiz
06-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Hot sauce, or Dri/wash guard from Magic 34
Ok, what are the differences between these two? I am going to be getting some and I want to get the right one.

Jordy
06-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Ok, what are the differences between these two? I am going to be getting some and I want to get the right one.
I use the Hot Sauce right when I pull it out of the water as it's a one shot application and wipe down process. I can do my whole boat in under 15 minutes, top to bottom.
The Dri Wash, at least in my experience is a little more time consuming. I'll use it when I'm cleaning the boat at home as it's a spray on, wipe off deal, but from what I've found you've got to come back over it, much like a regular wax.
Both are excellent products, but for the quick waterspot removal I'd take the Hot Sauce. ;)
Just my $.02. You can't go wrong either way.

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Shower Power. Stuff cuts thru water spots like there no tomorrow. For small areas I put a small amount on a damp rag and wipe over the affected area with it.
If the whole boat has spots I mix some in with soap and water and clean away.

Run_em_Hard
06-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Windex...the multi-purpose. Stuff is clear but works awesome. Excellent on bugs for vehicles also.

Jyruiz
06-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I use the Hot Sauce right when I pull it out of the water as it's a one shot application and wipe down process. I can do my whole boat in under 15 minutes, top to bottom.
The Dri Wash, at least in my experience is a little more time consuming. I'll use it when I'm cleaning the boat at home as it's a spray on, wipe off deal, but from what I've found you've got to come back over it, much like a regular wax.
Both are excellent products, but for the quick waterspot removal I'd take the Hot Sauce. ;)
Just my $.02. You can't go wrong either way.
Ok, I will not be using it right out of the water. It will be use more like, two hours later. I have to get the boat home, put it in the garage, turn on the AC and let garage cool down, emty the boat, so on and so on. So which one is better?

DILLIGAF
06-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Ok, I will not be using it right out of the water. It will be use more like, two hours later. I have to get the boat home, put it in the garage, turn on the AC and let garage cool down, emty the boat, so on and so on. So which one is better?
I wait till I get home, wash the boat and then use the Hot Sauce. This time going out I am going to use the Dri-Wash before putting it in the water.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2006, 10:35 AM
I have pulled my boat out of Havasu at 3 PM on a Saturday, put it back in the garage, and did not clean it until Sunday morning at about 10. I only use the Hot Sauce and all of the water spots were gone and it left a nice clean smooth surface.

2Driver
06-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Buy a jug of vinegar for $1 and mix it 20/80 with water. It will last you 2 seasons.
Take the money you would have spent and put it in your kids 529. Besides the Vinegar and water smells like a locker room full of old jock straps and that in itself turns a lot of chicks on :D :D :D

DILLIGAF
06-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Buy a jug of vinegar for $1 and mix it 20/80 with water. It will last you 2 seasons.
When I used the vinegar/water I always used 50/50. I still use some from time to time but not often.

MR HARLEY
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Well to me and I may be wrong but I use boat bling when I come of the water and when I get it in the garage and wipedown. I use it on everything except the Seats and carpet. It works great!! It is really easy to apply and take off. Smells good too. :rollside:
Ms. Killa put me up on game with the Hotsauce. :clover:
Dri/wash guard , I use when I want to wash the boat (waterless) and or wash/wax the boat. I also use it for tiny scratches. I also use on my Harley and my Harley truck.It brightens up chrome real well chrome, really brings out the luster in the paint, gel, and chrome.
I love both products, I just use them sometimes for different reasons and scenarios. :)

TOBTEK
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
NEXT TIME YOU SEE me or patrick/Rollen20's ....flag us down and use some of the HotSauce. I ALLWAYS have some in the boat for free demo's. Only costs one river pop :) you will be impressed...promiss!

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 10:46 AM
The vinegar and water method does work and when you are done you have an excellent window cleaner.
Take the money you would have spent and put it in your kids 529. Besides the Vinegar and water smells like a locker room full of old jock straps and that in itself turns a lot of chicks on :D :D :D

Magic34
06-26-2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7754

Ziggy
06-26-2006, 10:59 AM
I take you put up Daves thread on RRL, eh Magic34? I was going to suggest it as well. :)
This weekend I won some Meguires spray and wipe stuff at my regatta so what the hell I'll give it a try I said.......didn't wrok for shit :crossx: and had to break out the old faithful White vinegar and distilled water. At least I got a nice spray bottle now :p
I am, however, anxious to give HotSauce and DryWash a try because I would like not to have to rewax so often.....

Hotcobra270
06-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I like hot sauce alot.. gives it a nice shine without alot of buffing..
The only thing is that one quart doesnt go very far.... one quart
is good for about 2 whipe downs for me.. Works like a charm though..
Has anyone used this stuff http://www.driventoperfection.com/shop/index.php?action=item&substart=0&id=13
sorry dont know how to post the link..

Magic34
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
I am, however, anxious to give HotSauce and DryWash a try because I would like not to have to rewax so often.....
I'll get a demo set up for you anytime in Havasu. Let me know when you are there again and someone will meet you at the house or hotel or where ever you may be to show you how it works. :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Next time you're out there let me know and I'll drop some by the house.

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
ANY of the home remedies; ShowerPower, LimeAway, vinegar/water, or Windex are going to take any wax or protectant off along with the spots. Unless you are going to do a "two-step" and re-apply some protectant, you will have a naked boat.
Any of the home wash soaps; Dawn, Palmolive, etc. will do the same thing. They are designed to remove grease and wax is not all that different. Save those for washing engines and bilges.
Wipe-down should be with any of these great new products. Dri-Wash, Hot Sauce, Ducky, any of the spray detailers; Eagle-One, Meguiars, Mothers. None of these sprays will strip wax/protectant and usually actually apply more.

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I had heard Ducky was basically a vinegar and water mixture but I could be wrong.
ANY of the home remedies; ShowerPower, LimeAway, vinegar/water, or Windex are going to take any wax or protectant off along with the spots. Unless you are going to do a "two-step" and re-apply some protectant, you will have a naked boat.
Any of the home wash soaps; Dawn, Palmolive, etc. will do the same thing. They are designed to remove grease and wax is not all that different. Save those for washing engines and bilges.
Wipe-down should be with any of these great new products. Dri-Wash, Hot Sauce, Ducky, any of the spray detailers; Eagle-One, Meguiars, Mothers. None of these sprays will strip wax/protectant and usually actually apply more.

Ziggy
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Magic34 and Havasu Dreamin......thank you!......check PM's ;)

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I had heard Ducky was basically a vinegar and water mixture but I could be wrong.
I have no idea, I have never been around it or used it. Very well may be - but I would hope not. :)

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I have no idea either. Might try searching the internet and seeing if can come up with the ingredients/chemical breakdownof it.
I have no idea, I have never been around it or used it. Very well may be - but I would hope not. :)

Jyruiz
06-26-2006, 11:43 AM
NEXT TIME YOU SEE me or patrick/Rollen20's ....flag us down and use some of the HotSauce. I ALLWAYS have some in the boat for free demo's. Only costs one river pop :) you will be impressed...promiss!
Will do, thanks.

2Driver
06-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Another thousand island dressing disguised as Secret Sauce.
Did anyone used to use Pledge on their boats. That was the deal back in the late 80's post using water and vinegar. My boat always looked showroom.
I liked to know what's in those that supposedly work to take off water spots (which is calcium) and still leaves behind all your wax. I'd toss the vinegar and water if it really worked.

Magic34
06-26-2006, 12:38 PM
....cleaning solutions available? Kids brought home boat yesterday in a rain storm, now has pretty bad water spots.......any help? Thanx
So, do yo have water spots or road grime all over the boat?
Water spots out of the lake are fairly clean compared to road grime through the rain spots.

Beer-30
06-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Another thousand island dressing disguised as Secret Sauce.
Did anyone used to use Pledge on their boats. That was the deal back in the late 80's post using water and vinegar. My boat always looked showroom.
I liked to know what's in those that supposedly work to take off water spots (which is calcium) and still leaves behind all your wax. I'd toss the vinegar and water if it really worked.
Currently, I just use EagleOne Wipe-N-Shine spray detailer. Have used it for years. That is my wipe-down spray. Removes current (not days-old) waterspots and leaves the wax alone. About $4-5 a bottle. Usually have 3 bottles in the boat and that lasts quite awhile.
I have just started using the new Meguiars "NXTGeneration" waxes prior to each trip out. Seems to be good stuff.
Boats are similar to a car's paint surface, so anything that is safe for them is safe for GelCoat. You wouldn't go wipe your Mercedes, BMW, or new Vette with vinegar, would you?

Kokopelli
06-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Is there a way to pick up Hot Sauce in Parker? Or, is it a mail-order thing?

SOCALDETAIL1
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM
WAX THE BOAT!!!!

HMF'er
06-27-2006, 03:57 AM
I just ordered some off the website, paid a bit for s&h, but on my front porch in a few days - convenient.

Dan Lorenze
06-27-2006, 05:15 AM
Vinegar and water. I also use Meguiers NXT liquid wax, great results.

FreshTracks
06-27-2006, 06:44 AM
I've used this for years with excellent results. 50/50 mix of water and vinegar and add a cap of liquid wax to it. Takes the water spots off and leaves a nice layer of wax. This works great on the ramp or hours later.
This is not a substitute for waxing your boat, but neither are the other products being mentioned.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-27-2006, 07:50 AM
You can order online (https://boatbling.net/store/index.php?main_page=index), pick it up in Havasu from the LHC dealer Carey who can be reached at 928-486-3229 or you can contact Patrick (Roln20s) at either 602-312-4550 or via email at patrick@boatbling.net

Hardly Satisfied
06-27-2006, 08:06 AM
Toby sounds like a sales pitch to me :boxed:

Hardly Satisfied
06-27-2006, 08:08 AM
this stuff works

blown65
06-27-2006, 08:43 AM
this stuff works
seconded...
Nice thing it seems to be protecting the wax really well.
You want PITA, use dawn or wax stripping stuff, it may clean good the first time, but if you dont put wax back on your in for some fun the next go around.
This spring we had the House of Wax put sealers on both boats and have exclusivly been cleaning with Patricks HotSause. I wont waste my time on other stuff after using his.