PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of BBQ

pumpercaptain
06-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Speaking of BBqing-
Anyone have any suggestions on portable gas grills, such as the ones made by Coleman or Weber that are made for tailgating or packing in a trunk???
Looked at a Coleman and a Weber at Bass Pro today, $150 and $180.
Looking for something to take to the lake.
Thanks!!

UnionJack
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I got the weber for christmas, and I love it.... Make sure you get extra propane it goes fast

Havasteve
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
I just bought a small Q from Home Depo for the boat, $24 Takes screw on bottles, works fine

novaguy
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Just bought the Weber Baby Q and used it this past weekened while camping. It is awesome! It takes the little propane bottles that you would solder copper joints with. It cooked very well, ultra portable, and extremely easy to use. I researched a lot of portable grills and the Weber Baby Q always had good reviews. I got mine on sale at www.amazon.com no tax and free shipping (arrived in a week). If you are worried about running out of propane, they sell an adapter so you could use your larger propane tank. I grilled twice with the little bottle so far and haven't run out yet.

NoCal NoBoat
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Another vote for the Weber Q -
IMO, the secret is in the grilling surface. The Q uses a cast iron grill - very heavy, and really transmits the heat from the flame to whatever you're cooking. You'll get a nice sear and grill marks with no problem. I added a small smoker box and wood chips for a little smoke. Used their adapter and ran it off the full size propane bottle at home.
Great small grill for home use - we cooked three tri-tips at once for a larger gathering one time. This wasn't on the Baby Q, but the next size up. They now have one bigger than mine.
Lightweight, and great for camping, but the grill is heavy. I just picked up the canvas bag on wheels for storing and moving mine.

pumpercaptain
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok.
Thanks everyone... been looking at the Coleman and the Weber.
Will have to look at the Weber's again at the store...
Thanks again.
PC