PDA

View Full Version : Boat Crash

Her454
06-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Sad.....but am I the only one that finds this odd? 40mph..... 166ft up a levee and onto the road................? Just looked away for a second to talk to a friend?
Six Injured As Boat Crashes Into Levee
Driver Turned Away To Talk To Friend, CHP Says
An 11-year-old girl remained in serious condition Monday following a boat accident Sunday along the Mokelumne River in Sacramento County.
The California Highway Patrol reported that the boat driver looked away for just a second to talk to a friend.
The boat, which was traveling at about 40 mph, accidentally crashed into a levee, went up the levee and slid about 166 feet before coming to rest on Brannan Island Road.
All seven people on the boat were ejected, including three children. The 11-year-old girl was flown to a hospital in Oakland.
The other six people on board suffered bumps, bruises and cuts, officials said.

phebus
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry...........

BajaMike
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Sad.....but am I the only one that finds this odd? 40mph..... 166ft up a levee and onto the road................? Just looked away for a second to talk to a friend?
Driver Turned Away To Talk To Friend, CHP Says
An 11-year-old girl remained in serious condition Monday following a boat accident Sunday along the Mokelumne River in Sacramento County.
The California Highway Patrol reported that the boat driver looked away for just a second to talk to a friend.
The boat, which was traveling at about 40 mph, accidentally crashed into a levee, went up the levee and slid about 166 feet before coming to rest on Brannan Island Road.
All seven people on the boat were ejected, including three children. The 11-year-old girl was flown to a hospital in Oakland.
The other six people on board suffered bumps, bruises and cuts, officials said.
Ya right.....too bad for the hurt people... :cry:

Kilrtoy
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
that is sad news, hope the little girl makes a full recovery

Warlockjer
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
This crap happens way to often in the delta. Things happen really fast, narrow slews people driving to fast, not watching where they are going. We had several close calls when we lived there. GOT TO BE ALERT, ALWAYS!!

Roaddogg 4040
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Over the years I have seen a dozen or so boats go into the concrete rip rap and mud on the levees in the Delta and have never seen one go that far. I don't think they were going any way near forty MPH...
Steve

uvindex
06-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Driver Turned Away To Talk To Friend, CHP SaysI too hope the little girl recovers.
I wonder if the CHP accident forms have spaces for "vessel type" and other boating-related stuff? (I guess when your boat ends up on a road you shouldn't be surprised to see the CHP.)

Oldsquirt
06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Saw pics of this on the news last night. Aside from all occupants being ejected and the one serious injury, it looked spectacularly unspectacular. The boat appeared to have hit the levee at a very shallow angle. With water levels so high, it probably only went up about 10-15 feet before sliding along the levee road for 100 feet or so. Had it hit at a sharper angle the outcome would have been quite different. Other than a broken off outdrive and some road rash, the boat hardly looked damaged.

Dave C
06-26-2006, 12:36 PM
this was on the news this morning. That M-f'er must have been haulin a ss because he covered some distance across that levee after leaving the water.
I think they said everyone was OK.