PDA

View Full Version : Castaic

syke-o
06-26-2006, 11:05 AM
So whats the latest on this place?? I was thinking of doing a little run over this week... How are the coppers?? are they still harassing everyone?? is the water clean? and how is the water temp??

MagicMtnDan
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Hopefully RD will give everyone an update since he was supposed to go there this past weekend (to sell his boat).

syke-o
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM
i think it might be the best choice of local lakes between elsinore and perris....

Get415
06-26-2006, 11:13 AM
The MAN is still tryin to put a case on somebody :mad: .... IMO its worth the xtra 15 mins up to Pyramid. Nobody eyeballin you as soon as you come in the gate, tryin to do safety inspections at the ramp and then gettin pulled over for speed when you haven't even got up on plane yet (they show you the radar from the last guy they stopped at 47mph????)
But hey other than that its a swell place, have a blast

RitcheyRch
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Make the extra drive up to Pyramid. Much nicer lake.

syke-o
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
The MAN is still tryin to put a case on somebody :mad: .... IMO its worth the xtra 15 mins up to Pyramid. Nobody eyeballin you as soon as you come in the gate, tryin to do safety inspections at the ramp and then gettin pulled over for speed when you haven't even got up on plane yet (they show you the radar from the last guy they stopped at 47mph????)
But hey other than that its a swell place, have a blast
sounds like you had a fun time on your last trip.... :220v: they check you for booze and safety violations via a pre launch inspection now??

RiverDave
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I went out to Castaic this last weekend, and we didn't have any problems? I just waved to the cops, and they waved back. We went back to what used to be party cove, and beached the boat, and had a good time for most of the day! I'd go back to Castaic again.. I don't think it's as cool as it used to be when everything was pretty relaxed, but it's still a very fun lake. :)
Incidentally, we just paid the $$ signed a disclaimer, and launched the boat. Nobody checked us for anything? Wouldn't matter if they did becuase we were legal 6 ways to sunday, but again we weren't "harassed" or anything of the sort.
RD

Jyruiz
06-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Pyramid is nice, but if you don't spend the night there, then there is a good chance you won't get in.

BIGAMIST
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Pyramid sucks ASS!

LAPII
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Castaic has chilled out on the anal rules. But you do have to watch out for the Sheriff's helicopter back in the northern cove looking for drinkers. Water has warmed up now.
Pyramid better sandbar, but they still have all the green particles floating in the lake, just doesnt look right.
So Castaic gets the nod and it's closer.

BIGAMIST
06-26-2006, 12:16 PM
But you do have to watch out for the Sheriff's helicopter back in the northern cove looking for drinkers.
I've never seen that before.

LAPII
06-26-2006, 12:21 PM
They usually come out of the canyon, and are on you before you can hear them. Actually some pretty trick flying by those guys.

SHIFTY
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
http://or.water.usgs.gov/hydro21/pictures/helicopter.jpg

BIGAMIST
06-26-2006, 12:34 PM
They usually come out of the canyon, and are on you before you can hear them. Actually some pretty trick flying by those guys.
You're talking about the Fire Department Helicopter doin water drops?

SHIFTY
06-26-2006, 12:38 PM
NOPE, THIS.
http://www.cloud9photography.us/hc/HC000007_EurocopterAS-350LosAngelesSheriffPM.jpg

Hallett19
06-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I go to both, I like Castaic because you dont have to drag your boat up that terrible incline up to Pyramid, but Pyramid is way more lax, you can drink and there are usually lots of cool people out there to party with. Castaic is more strict on speeding, cant drink and get the general idea you are being baby sat. Its a toss up for me, I have not been to Pyramid in several months, but Castaic is full to the brim which is cool.

BIGAMIST
06-26-2006, 12:43 PM
NOPE, THIS.
http://www.cloud9photography.us/hc/HC000007_EurocopterAS-350LosAngelesSheriffPM.jpg
I'm at Castaic twice a week & never seen that :confused:

SHIFTY
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
BEEN THERE THREE TIMES IN MY LIFE... AND SEEN IT TWICE, HAHAHAHA. AND THIS LAST TIME WAS UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL :cool:

LAPII
06-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Well thats the helicopter, and Im there several times a month, and last three times the helicopter has been doing its patrols, as I mentioned.

johnny8052
06-26-2006, 06:59 PM
I went to pyramid yesterday and It was nice. Normally we sleep on the road, but didn't saturday night. We had no problem getting on the lake sunday morning at around 6:30. If you like to have a few beers, pyramid is for you.