PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sellers / Scam forum or section in spam forum

superdave013
06-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Some of the other sites I post on have this kind of thing.
And this is not just in response to the S.T. threads. A v driver has scammed some peeps too. I'm sure there are others as well.
A section like this could be kinda like e bays feedback. It just might keep another ***boat member from getting burnt.
What do ya think??

HM
06-29-2006, 07:03 AM
I like it. I bought some braided hose and anodized ends from this guy in Santa Ana. He had the best quality and a nice price. Wait, that is not exactly a scammer, is it? :D

topless
06-30-2006, 05:00 AM
I like it. I bought some braided hose and anodized ends from this guy in Santa Ana. He had the best quality and a nice price. Wait, that is not exactly a scammer, is it? :D
Only if the guy was a naked hairy midget. :crossx:

Mohave Vice
07-03-2006, 05:59 PM
I fully agree. I got really "jacked" on a replacement bimini in LHC. I did my research and nothing negative came up and of course nothing positive came up either on this lady's business. Took my chances and got JACKED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Her454
07-25-2006, 04:02 PM
I think its a great idea but it might open up some legal issues for ***boat....... ?

roostwear
07-25-2006, 05:06 PM
It's a bad idea that does nothing but feed the ***boat drama machine. Does anyone REALLY think a vendor will come into this atmosphere to rebut allegations? Not if they're smart......

superdave013
07-28-2006, 09:18 AM
It's a bad idea that does nothing but feed the ***boat drama machine. Does anyone REALLY think a vendor will come into this atmosphere to rebut allegations? Not if they're smart......
I was not really talking about vendors but more so getting burnt by other forum memebers selling their used stuff. I know for a fact there are a few that have burned people over and over. Who knows, you might get burnt next. Wouldn't you rather know in advance who you are dealing with? Kinda like e bay feedback. I do see your point too though.

Her454
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
It's a bad idea that does nothing
Roost, you missed the diplomacy class didn't you? :rollside:

roostwear
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry... didn't know you wanted warm and fuzzy. :D

roostwear
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I was not really talking about vendors but more so getting burnt by other forum memebers selling their used stuff. I know for a fact there are a few that have burned people over and over. Who knows, you might get burnt next. Wouldn't you rather know in advance who you are dealing with? Kinda like e bay feedback. I do see your point too though.
In theory, it's a good idea... my point was that in ***boat bizarro world, it would turn into another Squirtin Thunder thread. Being slammed by someone hiding behind a fake name and a keyboard kills what perceived value there is. One person with a burr up their ass can post a lie and it will perpetuate itself until you'd think the Pope was a serial killer. Maintaining good customer relations in retail is hard enough without the ***boat mentality F'ing things up.
I can just imagine the pissing match created by slamming another board member..... Summitcarl, where are you?

superdave013
12-19-2006, 09:45 AM
same dudes are still ripping people off.

78Southwind
01-15-2007, 12:56 AM
If someone rips you off just hire the Hot Boat Hit Squad. I almost got ripped off a could years ago but luckily for me the person tried to rip someone else off right after me. This second person ended up getting all our stuff shipped in a couple days because he new someone that lived rather close to the person in question. ItÂ’s funny how things change when you hire a little muscle. :D